• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lack Of Maturity Regarding Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominus

meg127;276975 said:
Capcom Unity boards. :|

Capcom Unity boards is probably the worst place to go. Its basically capcom PR boards, where they do their best to filter out negative opinions.

Meg

Dominus;276984 said:
Capcom Unity boards is probably the worst place to go. Its basically capcom PR boards, where they do their best to filter out negative opinions.

It was a joke. :lol:

@Asmodaius- I made the thread. Let's see how it goes.

PandoraKing

LordOfDarkness;275803 said:
^ Great points Chaos Master ^^

The Forums are set about here to 'discuss' and 'debate' different theories or known facts about the Devil May Cry Series. As an oppose to just flaming and trolling with ignorant comments, blatantly disregarding other people's views and feelings concerning the 'Reboot' to the DMC Franchise.

Angel was a very highly respected Admin, and very much loved and admired by long time members on this Board, and members in general. And it's very upsetting to see her leave after demoting herself as a result of people's selfishness and immaturity.

We can all agree this is wrong, and we need to show less signs of things like this happening. If we are going to get better here and start to make a change, to bring this place back to how it once originally was.

UUUUH okay i am new and i joined just becuz (and excuse the language) i jizzed my pants like.. twice wen i watched that trailer..

but here is my theory based off evidence of why the reboot happened

Resident Evil..

any fan knows that devil may cry was a sub in for for.. mainly becausse of the deifferent feel it gave off.. but if u played the old underground demo.. it was nothing but ghosts and emons in rez 4... they changed into dmc and since then they made sequels however the controversial ending to dmc where he names the shop devil never cry.. and the name change in 2 and 4 bact to devil may cry has never stopped plaguing the minds of the producers. So what could they do to permanently getr rid of there connection to devil may cry and all the controversy.. make a reboot.. where its strictly their ideas and there thoughts.. no more screw ups in text or debates in meanings.. a fresh start to create the game they MEANT to creat in dmc 2 and 3 (notice the superb dif in their gameplay) we have all seen bayonetta and we know its a badass game.. and even surpassed dmc 4 so imagine what the reboot could be cooking up =)

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Storm Silves;276976 said:
It would've been better if they hadn't directed their rage at other people, is the thing.

Ever since Angel left, I've felt partly responsible... And I bet I am, somewhat.

Maybe Angel will come back when the heat is cooled.
I hardly know the story, but it is sad to think an admin left due to the responses he/she was getting, both personally and indirectly.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
fox;276924 said:
I think people would have reacted more positively towards this game if they would have seen that new Dante doing a lot of the things that the previous Dante did, then everyone would find something to relate to in that new Dante.

True. If I had seen anything of the Dante I knew in that trailer, I think I'd be a lot more accepting of the reboot idea. And I'm not talkin' about the hair.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Asmodaius;276965 said:
Hmm, I guess you're right. I think it's kinda sad though, because a forum like this is for fans to gather and have fun discussing topics about a common interest. And as long we stay within the forum rules, then everyone should feel welcome doing so.

Of course, we are all likeminded gamers who are here to discuss gaming (not just DMC). Not everyones likes and dislikes will be the same but thats why we discuss things and express opinions. World would be a dull place if we all liked and agreed on the same things.

Asmodaius;276965 said:
I admit, when I first found this forum, I was a bit intimidated by all the angry, raging and hateful threads and posts about this new DmC trailer - a trailer I was rather excited about.

Thats the aura we dont want people picking up on. Not just because of the DmC Trailer as some people had been causing issues long before that surfaced. There are some nice people here and ive had some good discussions with members in a polite and mature manner.

Asmodaius;276965 said:
I guess people tend to forget that there are actual human beings behind the written text, and when being anonymous protected by the internet, it is easier to bash at someone who disagrees with you - I know, because I have done the same some times as well which I have regretted since.

Thats part of the problem, people see text and nothing more. They dont see that behind the text theres a person and an opinion or in Angel's (Sharon) case a person having some rude and disrespectful messages sent to her and upsetting her.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I just find it astounding how nasty people can get for saying what's on their mind. The reboot is just one example that brings out the worst in everyone.

Asmodaius

Faustinasa;277126 said:
I just find it astounding how nasty people can get for saying what's on their mind. The reboot is just one example that brings out the worst in everyone.

Indeed, and it is from both sides, both the lovers and the haters. The way people collide in here because of their disagreements is just terrible - and I have done so as well which I am quite embarassed about, really.

Meg

^ Don't be hard on yourself. Everyone was upset the first couple of days.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Asmodaius;277236 said:
Indeed, and it is from both sides, both the lovers and the haters. The way people collide in here because of their disagreements is just terrible - and I have done so as well which I am quite embarassed about, really.

As have I. I've even violated my oath of not stepping in here time and time again.

And now, I mentally ban myself from this part of the forums. It's for my own good.

Meg

@DT-And yet you posted in here to say that. :p
Just messing with ya! :lol:

Although, and this isn't aimed at anyone, but I don't think not posting here is the best idea. By all means, if you have an idea then post it. If someone trolls or flames then just ignore it, or respond like nothing happened. Set the example I guess is what I'm saying.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
The dark knight;277242 said:
Are we even sure it IS A REBOOT? And not a prequel?

Capcom/Ninja Theory said it is a reboot. It's in an alternate universe with a new younger Dante. It has nothing to do with the original canon if you're wondering.

Chrysander

PandoraKing;277007 said:
UUUUH okay i am new and i joined just becuz (and excuse the language) i jizzed my pants like.. twice wen i watched that trailer..

but here is my theory based off evidence of why the reboot happened

Resident Evil..

any fan knows that devil may cry was a sub in for for.. mainly becausse of the deifferent feel it gave off.. but if u played the old underground demo.. it was nothing but ghosts and emons in rez 4... they changed into dmc and since then they made sequels however the controversial ending to dmc where he names the shop devil never cry.. and the name change in 2 and 4 bact to devil may cry has never stopped plaguing the minds of the producers. So what could they do to permanently getr rid of there connection to devil may cry and all the controversy.. make a reboot.. where its strictly their ideas and there thoughts.. no more screw ups in text or debates in meanings.. a fresh start to create the game they MEANT to creat in dmc 2 and 3 (notice the superb dif in their gameplay) we have all seen bayonetta and we know its a badass game.. and even surpassed dmc 4 so imagine what the reboot could be cooking up =)
I agree with all that, in terms of rebooting a franchise you can sort out all kinds of inconsistencies that have happened along the way in development, and get everything to make sense. Though there is no reason to actually change Dante, which is what the problem is at the moment

Asmodaius

Chrysander;277262 said:
I agree with all that, in terms of rebooting a franchise you can sort out all kinds of inconsistencies that have happened along the way in development, and get everything to make sense. Though there is no reason to actually change Dante, which is what the problem is at the moment

But if they had Dante look just like he has in the past games, then it wouldn't really be a reboot. Then it would be taking the old Dante and put him in a new setting, and that's not what Capcom wants, from what I understand.

They asked Ninja Theory to take their popular title and drastically change it into something completely different, and then Capcom has taken the result and put some recognizable elements into it to make the final result. That's what a reboot is about.

Chrysander

Asmodaius;277265 said:
But if they had Dante look just like he has in the past games, then it wouldn't really be a reboot. Then it would be taking the old Dante and put him in a new setting, and that's not what Capcom wants, from what I understand.

They asked Ninja Theory to take their popular title and drastically change it into something completely different, and then Capcom has taken the result and put some recognizable elements into it to make the final result. That's what a reboot is about.
I know everybody has their own angle on this, and wants different things from the game, and from Dante. Personally, I don't feel like a reboot needs to necessarily alter a character to this degree. Honestly, as others have said, if this new dante were shown to you (without the DmC logo or him saying "my name's Dante"), I really don't believe anybody would have thought it was Dante, he has been altered that much. Dante already looked different in DMC1, 2, 3 and 4, he has changed each time, but is still Dante. This new guy is pretty much nothing like him, it's a whole new thing. That's great if you like the new look though! When they rebooted Batman, you could still see it was Batman, it's not like you'd go "Hang on, who is that?" until he says "I'm batman"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom