• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lack Of Maturity Regarding Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vampi;276186 said:
Whatever, the mods might as well have a warning in this thread saying you must only reply if you're FOR the game and whine about the members who aren't supporting it. I find it quite ironic actually. But whatever...its just whiners complaining about other whiners. Not sumthing new lately.

I dont care about any of the games new or old, ive made that clear. We are asking for people to voice their opinions but be mature about it and respect others views and opinions. No-one said anything about not being able to say what you think but theres an adult way of getting an opinion across.

Now stop arguing about what the thread is about. Its about respecting others views and its in the DmC General Discussion so can discuss that too. LoD asked a question in his first post that enabled people to answer it so it wasnt JUST about maturity, it was about maturity when discussing this subject (quote below).

LordOfDarkness said:
At the end of the day, where is the problem with the new DmC? Yes, it may be a ‘Reboot’ to the Devil May Cry Series, but where is the harm in that?

Now show some maturity people like is being asked and stop bickering with each other like children.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Asmodaius;276032 said:
And LordOfDarkness addressed his opinion. I simply agree with it.
But why the whole analyzation of the words 'immature' and 'negativity'?

Again, I never claimed that the two were equal to one another, nor did anyone else. As you said, Acedia, it's an opinion.

Personally, I am supportive of Capcom together with Ninja Theory is making this reboot, doing these changes, and all I hope is that more people will become more supportive over time. I am not demanding that people will accept this right here and now.

I disagree with Vampi though on the matter of "it's like losing a pet". A pet is a living being which you bond with and get a personal relationship with... Dante is a virtual character, not a living being. If someone were to feel like they have such a relationship with Dante, then honestly, I'd think that would be a bit creepy. As said many times before - it's just a video game.

I see a bit of the same reaction with fans of a book which becomes a movie. We can take Twilight as an example, just because it has been mentioned. Some of the fans who read the books have recieved the movies with extreme negativity, because they had to do some changes and the actors who play the different characters aren't like they had imagined them to be, and so they start to rant about how much they hate it and how bad the movies are compared to the books - when all in all, the movies are actually rather good (some would say). Someone who may have never read the books could go and enjoy the movie without the same sky-high expectations or prejudice as those who had read the books, because the movie in itself is well-made and tells a good story.
Do you get what I'm trying to say here, or is it all just gibberish to you guys?

Anyways, I can understand that it takes time for people to come and accept this new Devil May Cry and this new Dante character, because it is different from what they know. But the main topic of this thread is how people reacted and started being immature about it, instead of just taking a deep breath and think "alright, let's see where they are going with this"...

My post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the thread in general as a whole.

You cannot steal the want for original Dante, people get grown to like things. And when things they like are taken from them, the reaction is normally not pleasant.
You again bring up "and started being immature about it", it isn't immaturity. It clearly isn't.
It's a negative reaction to an outcome.
Which you find disapproving because you don't see "WHY" there is a negative reaction.

People need to realize that, not everyone is as openly accepting as everyone else.
It IS just a video game, but it's a video game that many people care about.

Meg

@Mr. Drakan-
LordOfDarkness;275792 said:
At the end of the day, where is the problem with the new DmC? Yes, it may be a ‘Reboot’ to the Devil May Cry Series, but where is the harm in that?

I thought that was a rhetorical question. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
meg127;276193 said:
@Mr. Drakan-

I thought that was a rhetorical question. :lol:

Well it left it open to interpretation and people were welcome to add their thoughts.

Meg

Dark Drakan;276195 said:
Well it left it open to interpretation and people were welcome to add their thoughts.

I see. Sorry for causing such a fuss. I didn't realize discussing the game was a part of this thread. *leaves with head down*

...............:lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
meg127;276202 said:
I see. Sorry for causing such a fuss. I didn't realize discussing the game was a part of this thread. *leaves with head down*

...............:lol:

Well as was mentioned it is in the DmC General Discussion section but i appreciate you trying to defuse some situations but leave it to the staff. ^_^

This part isnt directed at you Meg. People shouldnt feel like they cant express an opinion as thats what forums are for though do so in an adult manner. This thread has had 675 views so far in 1 day, do the forums proud and conduct yourselves in a respectable manner.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Acedia;276190 said:
You cannot steal the want for original Dante, people get grown to like things. And when things they like are taken from them, the reaction is normally not pleasant.

Good thing I didn't much like the old Dante anyway. I'm eagerly awaiting the direction this game is going in.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Storm Silves;276207 said:
Good thing I didn't much like the old Dante anyway. I'm eagerly awaiting the direction this game is going in.

Hmm, it looks like a good one.
The trailer was definitely a pump-fist from me.

I just hope they'll come back to Original Dante with a ending, or longer sequel line.

"DINO" as many call him, doesn't look like a bad character.
Maybe they shouldn't have called him Dante.
Although Capcom probably doesn't care about the response they're getting.

BUT, I shouldn't discuss this here. :)

Asmodaius

Acedia;276190 said:
My post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the thread in general as a whole.

You again bring up "and started being immature about it", it isn't immaturity. It clearly isn't.
It's a negative reaction to an outcome.
Which you find disapproving because you don't see "WHY" there is a negative reaction.

People need to realize that, not everyone is as openly accepting as everyone else.
It IS just a video game, but it's a video game that many people care about.

Ah, sorry then, it just seemed like it was directed at me.
I don't find it disapproving that some fans are getting a negative reaction. As I've written many times, then I quite understand it. And I am not saying that everyone who has this negative reaction are being immature about it, but there has been many negative fans who -are- being immature about it. It is not quite the same.

I am positive about it, but I don't go "Hah hah, we get a new Dante and the old Dante sucks, so jokes on you guys!!" at those who don't like this reboot, however, it seems that those people are trying to convince the positive fans that we are wrong for liking this. That's what gets me worked up, and that is why I can get defensive about certain posts on this forum, like the one you made which I felt was directed at me.

All in all... I'm just rather excited about this game. The trailer looked rather cool and I can't wait to hear more about it. Maybe I should just ignore those negative fans, because it usually leads to a needless discussion with people pointing fingers at one another. That wasn't my intention for joining this forum, but rather discussing the game as it progress. It's just hard when 85% of the posts on this board is about someone disliking the reboot.

Meg

Asmodaius;276225 said:
Maybe I should just ignore those negative fans, because it usually leads to a needless discussion with people pointing fingers at one another. That wasn't my intention for joining this forum, but rather discussing the game as it progress. It's just hard when 85% of the posts on this board is about someone disliking the reboot.

Well said. ^_^ Rep+

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Asmodaius;276225 said:
Ah, sorry then, it just seemed like it was directed at me.
I don't find it disapproving that some fans are getting a negative reaction. As I've written many times, then I quite understand it. And I am not saying that everyone who has this negative reaction are being immature about it, but there has been many negative fans who -are- being immature about it. It is not quite the same.

I am positive about it, but I don't go "Hah hah, we get a new Dante and the old Dante sucks, so jokes on you guys!!" at those who don't like this reboot, however, it seems that those people are trying to convince the positive fans that we are wrong for liking this. That's what gets me worked up, and that is why I can get defensive about certain posts on this forum, like the one you made which I felt was directed at me.

All in all... I'm just rather excited about this game. The trailer looked rather cool and I can't wait to hear more about it. Maybe I should just ignore those negative fans, because it usually leads to a needless discussion with people pointing fingers at one another. That wasn't my intention for joining this forum, but rather discussing the game as it progress. It's just hard when 85% of the posts on this board is about someone disliking the reboot.

Oh yes, your argument makes perfect sense.
I understand that it's difficult when some people ARE being immature about it, to the point where they're completely bashing the new reboot.
It's perfectly justified, better to keep everything calm and easy.

Discussion > Troll'n/Useless not backed up speech.

Vampi

Asmodaius;276225 said:
It's just hard when 85% of the posts on this board is about someone disliking the reboot.

Really? Because from the other DMC boards i've seen this one is pretty much the only one with too many positive feedback on the game. Capcom Unity boards would be the polar opposite of this board.

Anyway, i'm neutral for this game. I'm not against it, but i'm not entirely for it either. I'm not thinking up theories in for the game that much since Capcom gave us scraps of info to go by.

Anyway, the only thing i really like about the game are the enemies...those Mannequin things. They're cool. Other then that i have no idea and i'm getting sick of threads pertaining to Dante looks...either positive or negative.

Asmodaius

meg127;276234 said:
Reputation. It means you said something I liked. ^_^

... I just noticed that now! XD
Well, thanks then. ^^ I'm flattered.

Acedia;276235 said:
Oh yes, your argument makes perfect sense.
I understand that it's difficult when some people ARE being immature about it, to the point where they're completely bashing the new reboot.
It's perfectly justified, better to keep everything calm and easy.

Discussion > Troll'n/Useless not backed up speech.

Yeah, I totally agree. I enjoy being on a forum about a game I like to share ideas and opinions, but when seeing all that bashing it gets a bit intimidating to post anything on a forum.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Asmodaius;276239 said:
Yeah, I totally agree. I enjoy being on a forum about a game I like to share ideas and opinions, but when seeing all that bashing it gets a bit intimidating to post anything on a forum.

Here's how it seems to work. The people who hate the game are usually the minority even when they seem the loudest. Then, when the minority has quieted down, the shy majority who like the game will finally speak up.

Least, that's how it seems to go on GameFAQs. I don't really frequent there, but that's just what I've observed.

Asmodaius

Storm Silves;276242 said:
Here's how it seems to work. The people who hate the game are usually the minority even when they seem the loudest. Then, when the minority has quieted down, the shy majority who like the game will finally speak up.

Least, that's how it seems to go on GameFAQs. I don't really frequent there, but that's just what I've observed.

Seems like I am learning alot today :p
I'm just one of those who shout out if there's something I like, and then I get all "Wait, you don't like this? Why not? It's so good!!!" and then shoves the icecream down their throats! ... well, no, not really, but you get the idea. ;3

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Storm Silves;276242 said:

For the most part, but it also depends on the person.
I could really care less if I'm a minority for something.
Even if I'm loud, or quiet.
I'll always speech what I think is an honest opinion for myself.
It's the internet, I can say "WAT i WaNtZ!"

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
An admin left over this? :/ How sad. I had to take a break because of the pure hatefulness towards members I was seeing just on account of them having different opinions of this game. Once upon a time we were all fans of Devil May Cry, right? The war that this game has sparked in our ranks has really just become another reason for me not to like this game.

I guess I just don't see any fixing it either, unless they've got some pretty big rabbit in that hat of theirs. And having read the reviews and reception for Ninja Theory's games (I'd honestly not heard of them before all this), I'm kinda skeptical they've got one.

But to answer this: At the end of the day, where is the problem with the new DmC? Yes, it may be a ‘Reboot’ to the Devil May Cry Series, but where is the harm in that?

To me, DMC's not just about any fella named Dante making some demons hurt. The fact that some think so, and some have a different view kinda shows this game already appealed to very different sets of people as it was, and that's awesome. I don't see the need for such changes that would turn away a good part of the fan base. So the harmful part is that right now the word 'reboot' with that trailer attached to it is kinda defining the death of the series for me - even if others don't see what the big deal is.

Yeah life goes on, and I'll find other games to play if this is the future of the series. But dammit. I really liked this one and I was looking forward to more of it - not a do-over.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Kittn;276340 said:
An admin left over this? :/ How sad. I had to take a break because of the pure hatefulness towards members I was seeing just on account of them having different opinions of this game.

Wasnt over this in particular but some spiteful abusive members who made her feel she no longer wanted to continue staffing the boards. So due to lack of respect and ungrateful nature of some members here she demoted herself and left to continue on our other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom