• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kamiya wants to rock with Capcom

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
i sure if Kamiya and Itsuno work together and get along it would turn out great
i mean Kamiya directed the first game but Itsuno keep the series going

there both professionals Kamiya cant just bust threw the door's and start yelling
that's not canon that **** never happened get that crap out of here
nothing after or before my DMC ever happened

i'm sure Kamiya has more sense then that

Kamiya already said over and over he wouldn't work with Itsuno.Kamiya is territorial, he gives a damn about others opinions.He just don't care.
Kamiya gave us DMC1, but Itsuno gave us DMC3, which is basically the climax of all series.Tell me, which one is the best?

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Tell me, which one is the best?
Kobayashi.

kobayashi-mug-15580.jpg

Gel

Premium
LOL.

It was a "Usual Suspects" joke, actually.
Kobayashi is just one disaster in a collection of unfortunate situations.Don't you notice how Kamiya was so nasty an so rude with people lately, but now is trying to be nice again?Baiting us again, DMC fans?! It's time for him to moves forward once and for all.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Kobayasgu's main franchise is SB and he will stay there. Kamiya more interested in Viewtiful Joe than anything else. Itsuno has no word anyway. So I think at this rate we can pretty much put our money together for decent epitaph on Dmc

Gel

Premium
Kobayasgu's main franchise is SB and he will stay there. Kamiya more interested in Viewtiful Joe than anything else. Itsuno has no word anyway. So I think at this rate we can pretty much put our money together for decent epitaph on Dmc
Nah, I refuse to let this people to steal my DMC.Oh no, not me!

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Kamiya already said over and over he wouldn't work with Itsuno.Kamiya is territorial, he gives a damn about others opinions.He just don't care.
Kamiya gaves us DMC1, but Itsuno gaves us DMC3, which is basically the climax of all series.Tell me, which one is the best?
well i don't see how Kamiya expects to get anywhere with out at least trying cooperate
he cant just ignore everything Itsuno's done
i mean he could try but i don't see it going over well

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I don't trust in Kamiya. I don't think he can deliver a good DMC, since it was Itsuno who gave us the DMC we have today.
Uuuh, and Kamiya was the one who *created* DMC. Platinum Games are also the ones who created Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2, which arguably have gameplay that's on a par with, if not better than that of DMC4. Bayonetta is in essence the spiritual successor to DMC, and shares many themes with DMC. Even Metal Gear Rising is pretty impressive, if you have the patience to look past its mediocre-to-bad acting and simple story. After watching a combo video of MGR, I realized its combo system was more decent than I initially thought.
Itsuno may have been the one to give us DMC3, which gave rise to our current view of what DMC should be, but I think from all the great games Platinum Games have made, it should be obvious they could make a great DMC game.

Not to mention they could proceed with DMC's story past DMC1 and DMC4, and don't really need to go into what happened after DMC2 (as it's probably Dante who rode up to the DMC shop in the ending anyway). If Capcom has no ideas left for DMC at this time, then I'd glady let Platinum Games develop DMC5.

''However, a Bayonetta-flavored version of DMC5 would definitely be something all the fans would buy, though.''

I don't understand why it would have to be Bayonetta-flavored. Kamiya created DMC1, it would be DMC1-flavored, if anything.

Gel

Premium
Uuuh, and Kamiya was the one who *created* DMC. Platinum Games are also the ones who created Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2, which arguably have gameplay that's on a par with, if not better than that of DMC4. Bayonetta is in essence the spiritual successor to DMC, and shares many themes with DMC. Even Metal Gear Rising is pretty impressive, if you have the patience to look past its mediocre-to-bad acting and simple story. After watching a combo video of MGR, I realized its combo system was more decent than I initially thought.
Itsuno may have been the one to give us DMC3, which gave rise to our current view of what DMC should be, but I think from all the great games Platinum Games have made, it should be obvious they could make a great DMC game.

Not to mention they could proceed with DMC's story past DMC1 and DMC4, and don't really need to go into what happened after DMC2 (as it's probably Dante who rode up to the DMC shop in the ending anyway). If Capcom has no ideas left for DMC at this time, then I'd glady let Platinum Games develop DMC5.

''However, a Bayonetta-flavored version of DMC5 would definitely be something all the fans would buy, though.''

I don't understand why it would have to be Bayonetta-flavored. Kamiya created DMC1, it would be DMC1-flavored, if anything.
Except Kamiya wasn't alone in DMC1 project, which, by the way, it was born of an accident, since it was to be a RE4.
They could reunite every member of the original staff now,and we still wouldn't have a DMC1.
Even so, comparing Bayo and DMC, even recognizing Bayo's merits, it's like comparing water and wine: they taste and look different.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Was it? Cause I've heard Itsuno came very late in the dev process for DMC2, probably when the major assests were already there.
Late or not, it was one boss level and he could easily cut it out if he want to. He dint

Frazz

General gamer
The real question is if Capcom will work with him. I'm thinking that they won't but you never know... I never thought Sony and Marvel would share Spider-Man but they are so I can accept whatever.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Late or not, it was one boss level and he could easily cut it out if he want to. He dint

Man, during development of a game, you don't simply cut stuff like that as if it's nothing.

Besides, Capcom most likely just hired him last minute saying "Here, look, just finish this so that we can launch it in time"... heh... where have I heard this story before.

Frazz

General gamer
That is true but it would also make the game even shorter (which would be a blessing I suppose!) so I imagine that he wouldn't cut it just to allow the game to have a decent length... A crap excuse I know but that's my guess!

Top Bottom