• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just curious, but does anyone still believe that silly "Nero being Vergils son" theory?

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I don't understand why some people think that just because someone is 40 that they'd automatically look old or have wrinkles...

Lady could easily be over 40 years old in DMC4, she could just look much younger than she actually is.

Some people age like milk, others age like fine wine, personally I think Lady was one of the later.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't understand why some people think that just because someone is 40 that they'd automatically look old or have wrinkles...

Lady could easily be over 40 years old in DMC4, she could just look much younger than she actually is.

Some people age like milk, others age like fine wine, personally I think Lady was one of the later.
I dunno if true, but normal dying age in Japan in Sengoku era was 55 years.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
It has to do with wrinkles ;) But as for Lady, I think she's 28-30 in DMC4, because Itsuno stated that she's 10 years older than in DMC3

Okay...

And wouldn't 10 years contradict the game taking place 10 years after DMC1? If Dante and Lady were in their late teens in DMC3 (let's go with 19), Dante was 28 (iirc) in DMC1, and DMC4 takes place 10 years after DMC1, wouldn't that make Lady 38 (or somewhere around there)?

Unless I'm missing some important details.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Okay...

And wouldn't 10 years contradict the game taking place 10 years after DMC1? If Dante and Lady were in their late teens in DMC3 (let's go with 19), Dante was 28 (iirc) in DMC1, and DMC4 takes place 10 years after DMC1, wouldn't that make Lady 38 (or somewhere around there)?

Unless I'm missing some important details.
It doesn't takes place 10 years after DMC1 as far as i know it takes 10 years after DMC3, and shortly after DMC1. (if somebody may prove otherwise with links, feel free to do so, since I'm remembering it from what I read long ago).

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Oh, wait, I think you're right.
I misread a post saying that DMC4 takes place ten years after DMC3 as DMC4 taking place ten years after DMC1.

My bad. xD

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh, wait, I think you're right.
I misread a post saying that DMC4 takes place ten years after DMC3 as DMC4 taking place ten years after DMC1.

My bad. xD
No prob xD Though to be fair, I think Itsuno largely disregards DMC1 timeline

LoyalDanteFan

Also, I don't think I could take much stock in the idea of Vergil demon-raping someone when he was a child. That sounds like a much crazier proposition than what I just posted, and it doesn't seem to fit the atmosphere of the games as well.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Vergil inhabiting Yamato makes a lot more sense than I realized. It could very well be that Yamato is simply the 'Devil Arm' for Vergil, just like the other weapons in 3 and 4 that are gained after the defeat of an enemy.

Your theory sounds better than the others I've read.

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
I would say the same thing but people have already said it, and again, no confirmed age for Lady either. She could be younger than Dante. She doesn't have to be the exact same age, and yeah games trump other source material but we do see Lady in a school uniform in the manga. So even if she is that age, it doesn't effect Dante or Vergil directly. Or least I don't see it, because she isn't necessarily the same age as them.

Ok...before I get in trouble, I know I am not supposed to double post but I realized something after I posted my original comment and it won't let me edit it in my phone anymore. But I also liked the deal with the Devil theory that someone posted. That would be really interesting. That would explain Nero hearing voices (though it could be just a personality trait he inherited from his father ;D) but I think that makes for some interesting depth to Nero's character if he did do that, make for some dark exploration into what Nero would n wouldn't be willing to do, and had to admit to Dante that he made a deal with Vergil for more power. But I also have my own theories on him hearing the voices, but I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Well, of course. My mom is in her 40s and looks like she's in her late 20s at least. People think she's my sister sometimes. I also don't look my age. I'm 22 and yet I'm always having to show my I.D. for stuff because everything thinks I'm only like 16.

It's just Dante does seem to correspond typically with his age. Despite being in just superhero like shape.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600

Actually if we put both Lady and Nero on the low ends of age for how they look, vergil could have conceived nero in the year before DMC3 happened (when lady was in her early teens) and she would be in her mid 30s for DMC4 to match nero's estimated age (my estimate) of between 16 and 19. It's an easy assumption to make since japanese character designers have a habit of making 15 year olds look much older than they really are. Any shounen anime is a great example, with characters that look in their 20s that are later revealed to be 15 or 16

trying to use dante as an age scale is difficult since there's no telling how much that demon blood comes into play

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yeah I always heard the same thing Innsmouth is stating. With Lady being ten years older in DMC4 then she was in DMC3, but I've also heard it's a year after DMC1...Which would make DMC4 Dante 29, and matches what I've heard Dante's age is in DMC1 and DMC3 (19 and 28).

I am personally of the theory that Nero is Dante and Vergil's long lost younger brother. My personal theory is Eva was pregnant with her and Sparda's third child when she died, and the baby managed to survive due to being half demon. Dante and Vergil were either unaware of his existence or thought he died with their mother.

Is it a perfect theory? No. Does it have flaws? Yes. But till they say otherwise in a actual game (Come on Devil May Cry 5) that's my headcannon and I'm sticking to it.

pepodmc

Well, of course. My mom is in her 40s and looks like she's in her late 20s at least. People think she's my sister sometimes. I also don't look my age. I'm 22 and yet I'm always having to show my I.D. for stuff because everything thinks I'm only like 16.

It's just Dante does seem to correspond typically with his age. Despite being in just superhero like shape.

it's true, my mother has 51 years old and looks like a 30 years old woman. It possible.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
okay hear me out, aren't devil arms the souls of demons that became wepons? They show evidence of this in every game(excluding DMC2) so wat if after Dante deafeated nelo Angelo in DMC1 he became a devil arm but instead of just becoming a wepon he needed to fuse with someone since he's half -demon and he couldn't fuse with Dante since he has the same blood so he needed to find someone else so when he saw Nero he thought of himself trying to protect his mom so he wanted to give Nero the power he needed but he could only enter thru an open wound and the only one was his arm. It was shown in DMC3 that demons reatain concioussness when a devil arm if they are still alive when they become one, shown in the "no talking" scene from DMF3 which would explain Nero hearing vergils voice. So what do u guys think?​

Viper

Premium
@devil_inside123
From what I remember it was said that Nero always had white hair and abilities exceeding those of humans. Also, how did Vergil get to Nero in the first place? Not the enter through wound part, but how did he manage to have his soul wait for a year or longer (Nero's wound was made relatively freshly, indicated by his arm in sling) and find this kid on an island far away? If it was somehow tied to Yamato, and the fusing happened in the lab when the sword got fixed - then we are back to where did Nero get his powers before that?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
its said that he is better than other knights in the order not humans in general he could've just have been a badass and vergil been drawn to fortuna cuz Yamato was there

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Except devil arms come in weapon form that is un-equippable , not a demonic arm that is part of the anatomy.Plus nelo angelo blew up on mallet island which changed positions all over the globe, so how did vergils soul get to fortuna and if he is a devil arm to be wielded ?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
somthing tells me u didn't read my entire theory wich is ok since it is long but as for the him getting off mallet island he was still a soul trying to find a host since he's half demon he needs to fuse with a host but he couldn't fuse with Dante since he has the same blood so he needed to find a suitible host

Top Bottom