• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just curious, but does anyone still believe that silly "Nero being Vergils son" theory?

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I was wondering because I was having an argument with some "tard" who wont let it go a few days ago. I personally think it doesn't make sense...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It doesn't make sense, but Capcom has confirmed this in a book recently. So I guess take it up with Capcom. They're the tards for coming up with the most cliche and plot hole filled explaination for Nero's origins.

I just prentend they never said this in the book. It helps me sleep at night.:p

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It was in the DMC4 book, and it was in the "official artwork" book.

Anyway, I'd like to think of Vergil using a demonic method of artificial insemination ("insert" Yamato joke here, har har) into some random woman and have her hypnotized into giving up the baby at the orphanage.

Wait, there's a reason behind this, though.

He knew that one day he would die (because Dante almost killed him once). So, he had a son as an "insurance policy", that way, he could take control of him through the Yamato/Devil Bringer Ghost Trigger Thing.

He probably decided to do this with a woman and not a powerful female demon because he knew that if he had had a son of equal or greater strength, the son could resist his efforts when Vergil tried to possess him.

Also, Vergil was probably experimenting, as well. As much as he hated humans, he thought about what Dante said while being possessed by Mundus as Nelo Angelo --

"Humans have a heart and can fight against demons because of that blablabla"

I know Dante didn't say that in DMC3, but considering the fact that he said it in DMC4, he probably said something similar to Vergil the year before they met again in DMC3 (I'm not counting the manga as canon).

So, this way, he could see if a demon with even more human blood could be even more powerful than a mere hybrid.

Two birds (the experiment, and the insurance policy in case he died) one stone (Yamato).

That's my theory. I'm thinking about writing a fanfic connecting all the games together.

I'm going with my personal theory that Dante snapped and reverted back to his DMC3 self after DMC1 because he saw his brother "die" in front of him also pretty much because of the whole ordeal he had to suffer in DMC1... also... because he was pretty powerful by then.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Seriously, that much power coursing through anyone would drive even a high-level demon hybrid to madness.

It said that Sparda feared his own power in DMC3, which means that I think it was implied that he literally went insane with fear from it... and because of it. He gave it up to regain his sanity... along with whatever humanity he could find with Eva.

And just because Kamiya implied it, I'll grant the possibility of her being a high-level witch who could take on demons. She probably fought Sparda and lived (although she still lost). They fell in love after that (insanity, power, blabla) and after a Han-and-Leia frictional argument, decided to cut the pretense once and for all.

So yes, I'm going with the, "he-went-insane" theory.

Oh, but since DMC4 took place before DMC2, I'll just say that his insanity just took over completely and his spirit was just... crushed, under all the pressure.

Which would explain why he gladly rode into hell on a motorbike without batting an eye. And why all the enemies were the easiest ones yet.

He just crashed. Just like that. And stopped having emotional reactions to... anything.

Well, that's it for me. So long.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I read a summary of it found here. All I can say is this:

Way to f*ck this up, Capcom! And really? Nero is Vergil's son? Who the hell's the mother then? Aren't they just contradicting Vergil's character if that's the case?

This is one of the reasons why DMC4 is not in my personal favorite DMC games!

AlastorSword

I looked into the Novel too you guys. It was stated by one of the localization employees not Capcom directly. So I'm not buying that BS for a second -_-

AlastorSword

It was in the DMC4 book, and it was in the "official artwork" book.

Anyway, I'd like to think of Vergil using a demonic method of artificial insemination ("insert" Yamato joke here, har har) into some random woman and have her hypnotized into giving up the baby at the orphanage.

Wait, there's a reason behind this, though.

He knew that one day he would die (because Dante almost killed him once). So, he had a son as an "insurance policy", that way, he could take control of him through the Yamato/Devil Bringer Ghost Trigger Thing.

He probably decided to do this with a woman and not a powerful female demon because he knew that if he had had a son of equal or greater strength, the son could resist his efforts when Vergil tried to possess him.

Also, Vergil was probably experimenting, as well. As much as he hated humans, he thought about what Dante said while being possessed by Mundus as Nelo Angelo --

"Humans have a heart and can fight against demons because of that blablabla"

I know Dante didn't say that in DMC3, but considering the fact that he said it in DMC4, he probably said something similar to Vergil the year before they met again in DMC3 (I'm not counting the manga as canon).

So, this way, he could see if a demon with even more human blood could be even more powerful than a mere hybrid.

Two birds (the experiment, and the insurance policy in case he died) one stone (Yamato).

That's my theory. I'm thinking about writing a fanfic connecting all the games together.

I'm going with my personal theory that Dante snapped and reverted back to his DMC3 self after DMC1 because he saw his brother "die" in front of him also pretty much because of the whole ordeal he had to suffer in DMC1... also... because he was pretty powerful by then.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Seriously, that much power coursing through anyone would drive even a high-level demon hybrid to madness.

It said that Sparda feared his own power in DMC3, which means that I think it was implied that he literally went insane with fear from it... and because of it. He gave it up to regain his sanity... along with whatever humanity he could find with Eva.

And just because Kamiya implied it, I'll grant the possibility of her being a high-level witch who could take on demons. She probably fought Sparda and lived (although she still lost). They fell in love after that (insanity, power, blabla) and after a Han-and-Leia frictional argument, decided to cut the pretense once and for all.

So yes, I'm going with the, "he-went-insane" theory.

Oh, but since DMC4 took place before DMC2, I'll just say that his insanity just took over completely and his spirit was just... crushed, under all the pressure.

Which would explain why he gladly rode into hell on a motorbike without batting an eye. And why all the enemies were the easiest ones yet.

He just crashed. Just like that. And stopped having emotional reactions to... anything.

Well, that's it for me. So long.
Wow checking out this wall of text O_O lol. I'm just kidding xD But yeah nice theory and all but I still have to disagree on the notion. I have theories too but I'm too lazy to type it all out at the moment.

The thing is, I'm sure Vergil would never use such methods to achieve success. He loathes humans and even more resides on his own power to overcome obstacles. Being a self righteous authoritative figure he would never want someone to A) Do said work for him. B) He believed he was superior to Dante in all shapes and forms. He hated the idea that his twin would so willingly accept his human half and not pursue what they could have. As such he probably never imagined he would eventually be one-upped by him as he believed his attachment to has demon half made him stronger.

I don't remember them saying Sparda feared his own power but if they did, I doubt it made him go bonkers because of how strong he was. He likely welcomed his strength. I'm not use what time he decided to rebel against his own kind but the fact that it was lingering in his heart, means he knew long before he decided to actually go along with that plan. He knew the odds would eventually be against him, the guy worked for Mundus! He probably wanted power and it reflects in his son Vergil. The difference is what they were willing to do to get it and what they would use it for. In Sparda's case, it was to protect what he loved most. If anything he probably regrets not having a little more so he could live long enough to see his sons grow and make their own decisions.

Back on Vergil.... we can see he's rising to power in DMC3 and soon after his fall he gets killed by Mundus after he foolishly challenges the tyrant. As a result he's a undead walking vessel in DMC1 (i.e Nelo Angelo). If Vergil were to impregnate anyone it would have to have been when he was like 12-14 years old. Nero's about 18-19 and DMC4 Dante is 28-30 (He could possibly be a little younger seeing as the timeline had been altered a bit when stretching from DMC1 and 3). The age difference isn't really great enough to support such evidence in my honest opinion.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Oh man, I'd love for them to try and make sense of this madness. It would be more entertaining than public cable.

I dont see vergil being with or mating with a human women...unless she herself was powerful enough in some way to match him who knows maybe there is an actaul 100% background story that makes sense but for now we are left with a geat game with a huge character plot hole

AlastorSword

I dont see vergil being with or mating with a human women...unless she herself was powerful enough in some way to match him who knows maybe there is an actaul 100% background story that makes sense but for now we are left with a geat game with a huge character plot hole
Indeed.

I really wish they would have taken another year or so to really finish it. The Dante after thought really hurt it a bit. I do have some theories if you're interested.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Indeed.

I really wish they would have taken another year or so to really finish it. The Dante after thought really hurt it a bit. I do have some theories if you're interested.

I have a few myself atm im at work so i cant reply back as much as i would like nor can i post all of them if you wanna inbox me some im okay with that just be paitient with the reply otherwise its a free thread post away lol i look forward to them either way:p bottom line i loved nero as a character i wish they couldve done a better job with his back story i mean you know him and vergil are connected the point is trying to find the closest and most accurate theory(needle) among the hay stack of the other thousands of guesses...i mean son, reancarnation, possessed, trapped in his arm, nephew, etc they go on and on the main point is take vergils personality factory in enviroment mental state pressure from the outside world and circumstances and oppertunites and factor in time as well and find the theory that matches best with all of the factors

AlastorSword

I have a few myself atm im at work so i cant reply back as much as i would like nor can i post all of them if you wanna inbox me some im okay with that just be paitient with the reply otherwise its a free thread post away lol i look forward to them either way:p bottom line i loved nero as a character i wish they couldve done a better job with his back story i mean you know him and vergil are connected the point is trying to find the closest and most accurate theory(needle) among the hay stack of the other thousands of guesses...i mean son, reancarnation, possessed, trapped in his arm, nephew, etc they go on and on the main point is take vergils personality factory in enviroment mental state pressure from the outside world and circumstances and oppertunites and factor in time as well and find the theory that matches best with all of the factors
Lol I don't work til 4:00 today :p But yeah I'd love to take the time to hear your side later when you're free. And I agree Nero is a nice character.

Top Bottom