• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just curious, but does anyone still believe that silly "Nero being Vergils son" theory?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
There's just too much vagueness in the game, and the only evidence that is certain is in that Japanese book they released recently, they said Nero was Vergil's child.
That's fine and all, but if they were intent on making Nero Vergil's son, why did they wait years later and then release this important information in a book that not many people outside Japan would be able to get their hands on, let alone read and understand it. Heck, even the Japanese book was vague. It just used the kanji 'ko' for child.

As for Nero and his name, they were going to call him Rodan according to one of the concept books. I don't know why they decided to change the name to Nero. Edit: Just looked it up, apparently Morihashi Bingo came up with Nero by accident, and it doesn't have anything to do with Nelo Angelo....weird. Talk about just throwing things together. There was me thinking there was some kind of planning and thought went into naming characters. Nope, it was an accident that Nero was called Nero. :facepalm:

That pretty much sums up this whole Vergil, is he, isn't he Nero's father. It's like Capcom just needed a convenient way to explain Nero and went with whatever they felt like for the sake of it. The best part is, we find out this information in a novel that isn't exactly cannon, and the concrete evidence in that concept book which pretty much spells it out. But in doing so, they disregard Vergil's personality and the timeline just to throw these ideas together.

I don't think it was an actual "accident" that his name became Nero since his name ties quite well in with the events of DMC4 and the historical tragedy of the destruction of Rome and the burning of Christians at the hand of Roman Emperor Nero.

It ties in so well due to that fact how the actual events are referenced or mentioned in the Bible in the book of Revelations and how the author for that book was Paul who lived during that event wrote the book as a hope that their savior would return and save them during such dark times. Not only that but when people refer to the Antichrist and the Mark of the Beast it all ties back to Emperor Nero since his full name (too long to remember and too lazy to look up) when translated through the Hebraic numeric system is equal to 666. So 666 mean Nero or his full name. So when the Bible refers to the Antichrists its referring to Emperor Nero.

In DMC4, there are tons of parallels to this. Fortuna City is basically a lot of like Rome in design and concept and what happened to Fortuna City it was wrecked by demons whereas Rome was destroyed by Emperor Nero's negligence or own fault which is funny due to the fact the reason why the demons were unleashed on Fortuna City was due to Nero's own irrationality and fault which led him to be captured and used to cause Fortuna's City to be destroyed. Both didn't purposely caused their own cities to be damaged but did. Not only that there is the burning of Christians or better yet the slaughtering of the towns people at the hands of the demons (that Nero in a way unleashed and also parallels to Emperor Nero causing said Christians to be executed) and the people or followers of the Order of the Sword are basically designed and styled after Christians especially the entire religion itself with Sparda being Jesus as their savior. Then there is the return of the "Savior". In the book it was mostly what Paul and many Christians at the time (and still today) wanted when in such dark and tribulatious times but it never came true and has yet came true same way how the Savior in DMC4 was merely false and a giant demon.

Also, more connections to the Book of Revelations are the various beasts and animals in it like the 3 demon bosses such as Berial, Dagon/Bael, and Echidna being designed after the beasts that appears in that book such as frogs being used to spread lies and deceit same way how Dagon/Bael used those fishing lores to deceive Nero and Dante and Berial and Echinda could be those gigantic beasts that fought along side Satan and the forces of evil.
There are other elements that ties into the Book of Revelations and various "End Times" theories.

The entire plot of DMC4 was basically the Order of the Sword creating the Book of Revelations in real life...well in the DMC world.

Its too much of a coincidence that Nero's name was just an "accident" unless it was and they basically decided to revolve the entire story around that "accident" or the story was already like that and they thought to rename him Nero since it seems more fitting.

Actually if they never named him Nero I never would've saw the parallels to the Burning of Rome, Execution of Christians, and Emperor Nero and the Book of Revelations.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Exactly; I wish I could find another source that opted to do the same thing, just so I'd at least have the possibility of seeing it from the opposite side of the spectrum-or from someone with a more balanced perspective on it.

I'm not sure, either. Whether it's a novel or a manga, you'd think an officially translated version would have been released by now. Perhaps any and all attention for the extra media of the classic franchise has pretty much been dropped? Or it could just be a lack of funding or motivation to do so...the latter seeming more likely than the former, though Capcom has had financially issues of late-or so I hear. I've yet to do any serious research on the matter.

Edit: Oh, and welcome back. I knew you'd disappeared for awhile.

Oh it happens plenty of times. Its called "Why Does Japan Gets All the Cool Stuff Syndrone" or WDJGACSS. Its when for some reason Japanese companies don't release certain products to the west but keeps in Japan like Capcom and how they only release cool promotional and product material for DmC in Japan only especially when the game sold poorly in Japan and has a stronger and wider liking in the west.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Oh it happens plenty of times. Its called "Why Does Japan Gets All the Cool Stuff Syndrone" or WDJGACSS. Its when for some reason Japanese companies don't release certain products to the west but keeps in Japan like Capcom and how they only release cool promotional and product material for DmC in Japan only especially when the game sold poorly in Japan and has a stronger and wider liking in the west.

That last part is strange; given the fact that it did so much better in the West than the East, you'd think they'd want to sell the extra media here. :/

Alas, it does happen a lot. There are franchises I've heard about but couldn't get into (or at least, not beyond a small margin of the stuff they do let through over here) for that same reason.

Oh, well; it is what it is, I guess. ^^;

Gfreak9

I don't know, I mean we are talking about demons being duplicated from a piece of armour and a broken sword magically coming together (Namely Yamato) -.-

Whos to say that nero isn't just some embryo from a random woman and a chunk of DNA from Vergil (Nelo Angelo)?
I mean they did make Quote Quote "Angels" Quote Quote...
How much less or more weird would it be if he is? Dmc IS made by capcom so whos to say that its not gonna go somewhere else? It could really RE6-ish and be all about this cool tech and surviving monsters that scare the **** out of you like the chain ****ing saw bastard that rapes you in the neck for the thousandth time 0.o...
Yeahh....
or Onimusha Dawn Of Dream-ish and be really epic about souls, ancient weapons (From Onimusha 1,2, and 3), The EPIC GAUNTLET, The EpIc-ish Boss Fights, and the Just Beating the game for the thousandth time just for the hell of it or maybe the EpIc Japanese pop music at the end that makes you all happy Lol (Like In Onimusha Dawn of Dreams :p ) Thats Just my opinion though :D

Hmmmm...
It seems to me as more and more devils come, they become more hybrid-like as well,
Sparda (DEVIL)
Dante And Vergil (DEVIL TRIGGER)
Nero (DEVIL ARM)
Whats happening next?

Then again this could just be me babbling because I don't know jacksquat about DMC just that I read about the story online for each of the games and the characters while looking at rumors haven't looked at the anime nor the novel yet, all I know is they need to make a Devil May Cry with access to Dantes Shop! I Wanna Use All My Favorite Weapons On The Wall From Each Of The Games (Ok I played some of the DMCs) DMC5 can suck balls for all I care ~.~
They took Dante and Vergil Asian-American Looking Characters and Turned them full auto-white in which made him look retarded as fu~~~~~~ck especially in DMC5, ****tt....................................
No offense, I just hate when they do a face change and your like **FACE ****ING PALM** but then they flip the hat on you and say "In Soviet Russia, The Palm Face You!"

And yes this is my first post on this site ^_^ I become interested in small arguments and randomly make posts while randomly going from site to site with this name(And Email) because I have nothing better to do >.>

And This Image I Uploaded Is Pretty Funny :pView attachment 1099

Last edited:

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
I have a few different ideas of what it might be:

1) He's a reincarnation of Sparda
2) He could be Mundus' son (but in game dialogue kinda debunked this one)
3) A reincarnation of Vergil
4) He could be one of Mundus' creations much in the same manner Trish was but instead of using Eva's likeness he instead used Sparda/Dante/Vergil
5) A child that Sparda had with Nevan (there is dialogue in DMC3 that may or may not be a hint as to Sparda's relationship with other powerful demons)

and then....uhh things.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I don't know, I mean we are talking about demons being duplicated from a piece of armour and a broken sword magically coming together (Namely Yamato) -.-

Whos to say that nero isn't just some embryo from a random woman and a chunk of DNA from Vergil (Nelo Angelo)?
I mean they did make Quote Quote "Angels" Quote Quote...
How much less or more weird would it be if he is? Dmc IS made by capcom so whos to say that its not gonna go somewhere else? It could really RE6-ish and be all about this cool tech and surviving monsters that scare the **** out of you like the chain ****ing saw bastard that rapes you in the neck for the thousandth time 0.o...
Yeahh....
or Onimusha Dawn Of Dream-ish and be really epic about souls, ancient weapons (From Onimusha 1,2, and 3), The EPIC GAUNTLET, The EpIc-ish Boss Fights, and the Just Beating the game for the thousandth time just for the hell of it or maybe the EpIc Japanese pop music at the end that makes you all happy Lol (Like In Onimusha Dawn of Dreams :p ) Thats Just my opinion though :D

Hmmmm...
It seems to me as more and more devils come, they become more hybrid-like as well,
Sparda (DEVIL)
Dante And Vergil (DEVIL TRIGGER)
Nero (DEVIL ARM)
Whats happening next?

Then again this could just be me babbling because I don't know jacksquat about DMC just that I read about the story online for each of the games and the characters while looking at rumors haven't looked at the anime nor the novel yet, all I know is they need to make a Devil May Cry with access to Dantes Shop! I Wanna Use All My Favorite Weapons On The Wall From Each Of The Games (Ok I played some of the DMCs) DMC5 can suck balls for all I care ~.~
They took Dante and Vergil Asian-American Looking Characters and Turned them full auto-white in which made him look retarded as fu~~~~~~ck especially in DMC5, ****tt....................................
No offense, I just hate when they do a face change and your like **FACE ****ING PALM** but then they flip the hat on you and say "In Soviet Russia, The Palm Face You!"

And yes this is my first post on this site ^_^ I become interested in small arguments and randomly make posts while randomly going from site to site with this name(And Email) because I have nothing better to do >.>

And This Image I Uploaded Is Pretty Funny :pView attachment 1099
If it makes you feel any better, DmC isn't DMC5. Instead it is its own little series rather than being a continuation of the original Devil May Cry. Essentially the Dante and Vergil in DMC1-4 aren't the same as the one's in DmC (i.e.) a reboot. So you can rest assure, the original Dante can remain untainted in your mind.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I have a new theory, when some demons die they become devil arms right. Well what if vergil did that and the devil brimger is vergil as a literal devil arm, it would have his soul. That explaims nero hearing the voice saying give me more power and might explain the sparda connection. Since.the db bonded.with nero due to an imjury maybe the blood was mixed? or maybe he is vergils son and that is why vergil sought him out.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It has more than one hook to confirm it. There is strong possibility that this may be explanation .

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
I always though the only reason Nero's Devil Trigger looked like Vergil was because the Devil Trigger on "young" demons is molded after the Devil Arm they are using. We see that in DMC3.

Nero was using Yamato, so...

Besides, the whole "being son of Vergil" is just SO EFFIN DUMB. Like, fan-fiction dumb.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
but than again he controls Yamato + his moves in fight against Dante and whole fight reflected upon first fight against Vergil atop of Tem-Ni-Gru

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
But then wouldn't that point to something more akin to re-incarnation or "vergil's spirit" living trough nero than him being straight up Vergil's son?

(or just visual fan-service like dante being impaled by rebellion)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
true, it can be, but like I said, there is also that his name is Nero (while Nelo is misspelled Nero in first game) and also that some of the stuff worked on this game said that he is Vergil's son. + it was hypotised in manga. So I think it's to much hooks to be simply brush off. Though we can't know for sure unless DMC stuff reveals it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
As an idea its not bad but they didnt do a good job setting it up so it leaves a bitter taste. But the series is pretty vague so you can resolve Nero's origins however you want by just addressing it in the next game( which they didnt do for DMC2).

The only thing stopping it is the timeline but thats not really reflected in the games so you could just shift it to suit your needs.

Top Bottom