• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Joy Begets Anger (DmC-related)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
cfb65b73_joker_here_we_go_.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Got to agree with his message there. People should just enjoy games and have fun. No bashing and certainly not hate just because someone does or doesn't like the same games as you.

The whole point of games is having fun, but these days it has become fan wars and arguing. It's a shame.

Captain Xin

Ok, Just a little thought about his point.

I'm from Asia(Taiwan), and trust me, Asians Hated this game.

Anyone saying anything positive about DmC would either be ignored or considered a noob to the series. Tons of articles from china were copied and pasted to the forum nitpicking and complaining about anything and everything about this game. These discussions ranges from how much Ninja Theory sucks to how stupid Americans don't know how to play a game. The moderator just let this kind of **** goes on and on, hell, the moderator himself was the guy copying and pasting those articles to the forum.
This is why I'm using this forum instead, because any discussion about this game in that forum had become a waste of time. I'm not gonna spend my time reading things like how somebody managed to return their game to the video game store after 5 minutes playing it.

They didn't even bother to spend 5 minutes in it, and they already are telling everyone that this is the worst game of the year.

Last edited:

Mandy Cheung

Mszeta006
Hi there Captain Xin, I am from Hong Kong.
Do you mean the game forum starting with the letter B?
I went to this forum for the same reason as you. I found really interesting discussion about the story and characters from the people who like the game here.

Captain Xin

Hi there Captain Xin, I am from Hong Kong.
Do you mean the game forum starting with the letter B?
I went to this forum for the same reason as you. I found really interesting discussion about the story and characters from the people who like the game here.
Yes, I meant the forum starting with the letter B.
I haven't been there for at least a month now, and I don't regret it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Now see, that's the name tocool should've picked for himself.

"tocool"? I think that's missing an "o" there.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I'd be funny if Da

rk Drakan started hating on the game all of a sudden.
You shoulda been here when Tony_Redgrave was on the forum.
we put him through so much crap that he went from slightly skeptical, to neutral, to slightly positive, back to neutral, to "I don't care, all of you just shut up!"
Essentially, the forum got so out of hand that there were points when I had to be the mature one (Yeah, it got THAT bad)
(I miss Tony_Redgrave, Sorry Dark Drakan, but Tony had that witty charm and sympathy towards me that made the 'shut-up randomlulz' relationship a ''Deadpool-Cable' one as opposed to my 'Cartman-Kyle' one with you.)
So guys, not to be the kill joy, but I hate when threads get derailed by someone other than my self
So to be back on topic

Essentially, one thing I felt that really made the DmC skeptic-supporter debates go nowhere was the part where the game being more realistic was what made supporters like it, and skeptics dislike it. That kinda made it so that any pro or anti DmC argument would be interpreted differently as soon as it was read by the other side

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
So... this is basically a video hating on people who hate certain games. Alright, so according to you, hating a game is wrong, but hating the people who hate it is justified? O...kaay.
What is that video even about? It's about a person who apparently hates that people have opinions. Anger is not by definition a bad thing; it powerfully shows people what is good or acceptable and what is not. You can't preemptively stop people from flaming. Most of the time, the cause of the flaming isn't even the flamers themselves, it's the people who don't review things honestly. The video mentioned ME3. Didn't like it. It had almost no replayability, hardly any RPG elements, and for some reason the overall writing quality appeared to have deteriorated. It was decent, but was it worth a 9.5/10? Heeellll no. Hence the reason for the anger.

3:31 ''many people genuinely loved Mass Effect 3, and you're gonna have to get over that''. Well, how many people loved ME3 is irrelevant. Just because other people liked the game, that doesn't mean you should too. I think that is the true juvenile position that guy should rant about. I know some reactions to (reviews of) products are purely hateful, but they often stem from other people's valid criticism of them. Basically, haters don't take the time to criticize, so they use a more troglodytic way to express criticism, namely bashing.

3:35: ''It didn't affect your life in a tangible way''. Hold on. So ME3 being worse than ME1 and ME2 to many people didn't actually affect their lives? 1. They bought the game for like 60 dollars. 2. They spent a big chunk of their time playing it, wanting to get a good ending to the overall story, only to find out it wasn't that good. 3. It's taken about three years out of their life because they were waiting for that game. So... it doesn't destroy their lives, but it certainly ****es people off and makes them wish another game had been made.

Around 5:25, he does have a good point. However, I personally can't stand it when mediocre things are reviewed as being worth 9/10s. I don't want to (and can't) stop people from giving scores so high, but I think we have the right to show our opinion about it. Especially when it's posted online with a comments section specifically made to gauge the public's reaction, as well as its intensity. Don't want the reaction, then don't put a comments section underneath. Games being 'enjoyable' is not enough to make them amazingly awesome.

I understand his points. With DmC, it was pretty much the same. But you also must realize that DmC does some things better than previous DMCs, but most people agree it's not as good - and to think DmC might replace DMC!
''It doesn't affect your lives''? It does. Video games have been an important part of all my recreational time. They're part of my life. The more people praise mediocre games, the less effort developers will put into making great games. After all, their thinking is that 'mediocre is good enough'.

And the problem is not that 'not all games can be great' like he argues in the last minute or so, it's that there are fewer and fewer great games by the day. At this moment, the only game on my wishlist is The Evil Within. ONE game. That's how appealing games are getting. People are still waiting for the PS4 to finally get games worth playing, but it might take another two years or so before there's finally a reasonable amount of great games. I already looked at this year's PS4 titles list. Nothing special.

I wonder what is the point of this thread. It's not to make people aware of the inordinate amount of useless hate towards certain games, since we already were aware of that. It seems to me that you're doing the same thing as the haters. While the haters scream 'don't like what I hate', you're screaming 'don't hate what I like'. Those two things are equally bad.

Last edited:

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
So... this is basically a video hating on people who hate certain games. Alright, so hating something is wrong, but hating the people who hate it is justified?
Unfortunately, I've seen skeptics and supporters a like on this forum who follow this logic.
Since you weren't on the forum long enough to see the pattern, I'll just leave you with this tip. whenever a thread
Reviews the game/Talks about the PR/Discusses the first amendment of the United States constitution
As soon as the first page ends.
26532-bronies-Abandon-thread-PV8y.gif

Last edited:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Now see, that's the name tocool should've picked for himself.

"tocool"? I think that's missing an "o" there.

It was intentional, I have that name on other forums so if it was a accident I would have corrected it.

I did not like how the name "TooCool74" looked so I just put "ToCool74" which looked better as well as smaller to me.

Since its just a forum name I did not care much about being 100% accurate with my grammar usage of the words "to" and "too".

Hope that answers some of your wonders about my name usage.:wink:

Last edited:
Top Bottom