• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've tried to play DMC 4 after DmC again...

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Okay no, You don't get to say that since you don't use Turbo mode. and if you do,you're straight up lying.

Objection.gif

Someone like you do NOT deserve to have Edgeworth as his avatar, he would never let his personal feelings take his best while criticizing a good game, evidence is the only thing that matters in court and you have no proof he didn't use Turbo mode!!

...I had to

Terrutas

Objection.gif

Someone like you do NOT deserve to have Edgeworth as his avatar, he would never let his personal feelings take his best while criticizing a good game, evidence is the only thing that matters in court and you have no proof he didn't use Turbo mode!!

...I had to
Uhh..Yeah. :p

Except it's pretty much obvious he didn't use it because he claimed DmC to be faster. Which compared to turbo mode plays at 10 fps.

And he also admitted to not use it in a comment below that one :D but well done.

Fran0823

Except it's pretty much obvious he didn't use it because he claimed DmC to be faster. Which compared to turbo mode plays at 10 fps.

And he also admitted to not use it in a comment below that one :D but well done.
I was mostly trolling...mostly

In my opinion DMC4 is a tad faster than DmC, but nothing of significance.

DmC has other strenghts over DMC1, but that's a story for another day.

(Still playing DMC4 for the first time, and I'll say it again, this speed is completely unatural and I don't like it much.
DMC3>DmC>DMC4, still loving every second of it!!)

Terrutas

B-but we were talking about DMC4..where'd you pull DMC1 from? :S

And Turbo mode is usually designed after the game, thus it IS unnatural.

AlchemistFromEden

funny that people who don't know how fps works still talk about
10 fps in no way shape or form=slower gameplay, PERIOD, the more fps, THE SMOOTHER IT LOOKS, PERIOD, seriously, its very frustrating, an animation for sonic the hedgehog at 30fps is faster than an animation from devil may cry 4 at 60fps, whatever the animation is depends on the speed of it, in this case, NT decided to do smoother more detailed and realistic animations than the anime archetypes we got in dmc4, btw, why use turbo mode as ammo in an argument -_- that's like saying, "oh, super saiyan goku is stronger than vegeta was in the first season

Terrutas

funny that people who don't know how fps works still talk about
10 fps in no way shape or form=slower gameplay, PERIOD, the more fps, THE SMOOTHER IT LOOKS, PERIOD,What is this? You forgot the "-_-". and I was joking, silly.

seriously, its very frustrating, an animation for sonic the hedgehog at 30fps is faster than an animation from devil may cry 4 at 60fps, whatever the animation is depends on the speed of it, in this case, NT decided to do smoother more detailed and realistic animations than the anime archetypes we got in dmc4,
Except those animations are nowhere near smooth because Donte pauses between every hit/move he does. So it's actually sluggish.
btw, why use turbo mode as ammo in an argument -_- There we go! and it's ammo because it's an option.
that's like saying, "oh, super saiyan goku is stronger than vegeta was in the first season

Okay no, You don't get to say that since you don't use Turbo mode. and if you do,you're straight up lying.

Even without turbo mode the 3 and 4 still feel faster. Dante doesn't do that silly pause everytime he swings his sword.

DmC faster than DMC1 and 2? sure, I guess, faster than 3 and 4? Delusion on a silver platter.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Even without turbo mode the 3 and 4 still feel faster. Dante doesn't do that silly pause everytime he swings his sword.

DmC faster than DMC1 and 2? sure, I guess, faster than 3 and 4? Delusion on a silver platter.
Actually, it's as fast as DMC3 without turbo (when doing simple stuff) but not as fast as DMC4 or faster.

Terrutas

Not really. The moves have lesser startup and recovery frames, it's been proven in some video. But since donte pauses in between every hit it makes it so the moves are only slightly faster.

Actually, it's as fast as DMC3 without turbo (when doing simple stuff) but not as fast as DMC4 or faster.

I will have to confirm this for myself just to be sure, but I can tell it is slightly slower when I switch between the two games.

Or maybe it's because I'm a silly anti trying to ruin the forum for everyone else.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Don't shoot the messenger pls.
But to the left is the demo of DmC, to the right is DMC3.
don't kill me.

aoshi

Don't shoot the messenger pls.
But to the left is the demo of DmC, to the right is DMC3.
don't kill me.

The difference is DMC 3 never intended to use any move any way we wanted and expect it to be smooth and fluid.As someone said, there is a learning curve where we do a lot of trial and error on what works as fluid and what does'nt. As the video you jus showed, E and I cancels is not something that can be used to compare fluidity. Yeah, E&I cancels are fluid in DmC but it was not intended to be fluid in DMC 3.It also has to do with enemy reactions being very vulnerable to slow combo chaining in DmC(with ample times given to player to perform air combos) which was not possible in DMC 3 and 4.

Tameem himself said that DmC will allow player to play as per their imagination and does not restrict the player on wat's possible and wats not. Jus cuz something is possible in DmC and its not possible in DMC 3(or DMC 4 for that matter), does not make DmC more fluid. DmC is catered for casual play(which may seem like fluid) but DMC 3 and 4 were'nt.

DmC is more fluid for casual play but previous games were'nt. By this, I don't mean DmC does not have advanced gameplay. But on a fluidity comparison, DmC is catered for fluidity in casual play.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Just throwing this out there, but DmC on DMD feels like DMC3 on Normal. DmC Mundus on DMD is a complete joke compared to DMC1 Mundus on DMD. Same with DMD Vergil. Vergil Battle 3 on DMD stomps those two like flies IMHO. I miss the challenge the original games provivded.

Jerry Wirerammer

Just throwing this out there, but DmC on DMD feels like DMC3 on Normal. DmC Mundus on DMD is a complete joke compared to DMC1 Mundus on DMD. Same with DMD Vergil. Vergil Battle 3 on DMD stomps those two like flies IMHO. I miss the challenge the original games provivded.

While I agree DmCs DMD mode is an easier than its predecessors, I thinki its probaly closer to DMC3s hard mode than normal?
Boss battles are harder to judge, basically being just pattern recognition. This Mundus obviously has less moves to memorise, which is a pity, but he will take you out in 2 hits (which in BP is a bummer) if you make a mistake. Vergil 3 has many more attacks and that wretched DT heal, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't 2 shot you (its been a while, so I stand to be corrected), meaning you have more patterns to recognise but can make more mistakes. I'm sure you will find loads of youtube vids of people having flawless victories against him.

Fran0823

Well finally finished DMC4, I´m gonna leave my impressions here

-Nero is a cool interesting character, but any potential he has is completely squashed by his nonsensical origins, stupid stupid explanations for his powers and mostly, by Dante, it's like CAPCOM was afraid of pulling a MGS2 and decided to shoehorn Dante into the story

-Kyrie is sexy and beautiful...but since she has no honking boobs or any asscheeks visible, she must become a damsel in distress with NO FRAKING DEVELOPMENT...seriously, she notices her boyfriend is a demon trying to kill his brother for the sake of destroying her religion...and she frowns and then forgets about it!!! WTF!?

-Dante is amazing, but his presence killed Nero's potential, and that makes me mad, sorry Dante.

-The levels...oh god the levels...as ZP Yahtzee's would say, timed puzzles with fixed camera and enemies waiting everytime you fail?...GTFO DMC4! and the Dice Game at the end...I was one minute away of breaking my controller every time I missed the purple circle....that lead to fight a boss...for the third ****mothering time!!. Also Backtracing was HORRIBLE and Uneeded.

-Combat is flawless, although a bit unatural. Nero's combat clicked with me more than Dante's

-Weapons are flippin' sweet, love every one, specially Pandora and Red Queen.

Having Started the series with DMC3, then jumping to DmC made me become a LOT more critical on the aesthetics aspects of the game, and I must say, the level design and plot here plainly SUCK. However the fun I have with the combat makes up for most of it.

Noob's final score for DMC4: 7.8...eh..make it 8/10.Not as good as DmC or DMC3, but enjoyable...just stay away from the story mode.

Top Bottom