• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've tried to play DMC 4 after DmC again...

Well finally finished DMC4, I´m gonna leave my impressions here

-Nero is a cool interesting character, but any potential he has is completely squashed by his nonsensical origins, stupid stupid explanations for his powers and mostly, by Dante, it's like CAPCOM was afraid of pulling a MGS2 and decided to shoehorn Dante into the story

-Kyrie is sexy and beautiful...but since she has no honking boobs or any asscheeks visible, she must become a damsel in distress with NO FRAKING DEVELOPMENT...seriously, she notices her boyfriend is a demon trying to kill his brother for the sake of destroying her religion...and she frowns and then forgets about it!!! WTF!?

-Dante is amazing, but his presence killed Nero's potential, and that makes me mad, sorry Dante.

-The levels...oh god the levels...as ZP Yahtzee's would say, timed puzzles with fixed camera and enemies waiting everytime you fail?...GTFO DMC4! and the Dice Game at the end...I was one minute away of breaking my controller every time I missed the purple circle....that lead to fight a boss...for the third ****mothering time!!. Also Backtracing was HORRIBLE and Uneeded.

-Combat is flawless, although a bit unatural. Nero's combat clicked with me more than Dante's

-Weapons are flippin' sweet, love every one, specially Pandora and Red Queen.

Having Started the series with DMC3, then jumping to DmC made me become a LOT more critical on the aesthetics aspects of the game, and I must say, the level design and plot here plainly SUCK. However the fun I have with the combat makes up for most of it.

Noob's final score for DMC4: 7.8...eh..make it 8/10.Not as good as DmC or DMC3, but enjoyable...just stay away from the story mode.

But then how are you supposed to play it? Also blame Capcom for making the game only 40% complete. It's the reason why no characters get much development. Also Gloria was supposed to be her own character, Gilgamesh, Pandora and Lucifer were supposed to be their own bosses.

crush

But then how are you supposed to play it? Also blame Capcom for making the game only 40% complete. It's the reason why no characters get much development. Also Gloria was supposed to be her own character, Gilgamesh, Pandora and Lucifer were supposed to be their own bosses.

I never heard of that. Are there any concept arts about how they were supposed to be?
(It's a damn shame they used the names of demons and gods of top-notch levels only to be not included in the game.)

I never heard of that. Are there any concept arts about how they were supposed to be?
(It's a damn shame they used the names of demons and gods of top-notch levels only to be not included in the game.)

It's in the Devil May Cry 4 art book and there's a thread about it on this forum showing off Nero's devil trigger.

I'll have to scan my art book when it comes in the mail, but it's all in Japanese. So I'll need someone to translate it. Some kind anonymous person on a image board who was posting it kindly shared what he or she knew was in the book and what the artist and developers notes say.

Also makes sense, because the weapons don't quite match up and Dante can enter Nero's special mission and some of them are unplayable due to Dante's move set.

Nelo_Vergil

i tried to play dmc3(currently on mission 15 i think only 5 deaths so far) the combat compared to DmC is well... very limiting more so then i thought i was. DmC implements all of the known moves into the weapons and since most of the weapons have a wide range it makes group control possible. The fact that each style was implemented into each weapon really adds to the flow especially when going from moveset A on demon weapon to moveset B on angel weapon.

another thing i noticed was the FLOW of DmC was much better. like i said above you can start a pause combo on one weapon then switch and do the second half of the combo on any other weapon. It makes the small amount of moves very dynamic fo some reason i keep tying to do this in DMC3 just to have my combo reset.

Also the lock-on to be annoying like i said this just adds to the feeling of being limited.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Bloody Palace all day everyday!!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
i tried to play dmc3(currently on mission 15 i think only 5 deaths so far) the combat compared to DmC is well... very limiting more so then i thought i was. DmC implements all of the known moves into the weapons and since most of the weapons have a wide range it makes group control possible. The fact that each style was implemented into each weapon really adds to the flow especially when going from moveset A on demon weapon to moveset B on angel weapon.

another thing i noticed was the FLOW of DmC was much better. like i said above you can start a pause combo on one weapon then switch and do the second half of the combo on any other weapon. It makes the small amount of moves very dynamic fo some reason i keep tying to do this in DMC3 just to have my combo reset.

Also the lock-on to be annoying like i said this just adds to the feeling of being limited.

I think the reason it may feel limited is (and I mean no disrespect to anyone with this) that DmC gets it's depth from giving the player easy access to all their moves at the same time where as the depth in DMC (especially 3) is more from advanced techniques such as guard cancelling, buffering for crazy attacks etc that are not so obvious to someone that isn't aware of them. I think it just comes down to the level of play that the games are played at.

For example I feel incredibly limited when I play DmC in comparison to 3/4.

DISCLAIMER:
The level you play at is your prerogative, if you don't wish to do something, whatever. This post was in no way trying to tell people to play the game...Even if they should :troll:

Fran0823

I believe a combination of both DMC's hard-lock and DmC's soft-lock would be AMAZING.

SpawnShooter

I believe a combination of both DMC's hard-lock and DmC's soft-lock would be AMAZING.

Well, DMC does have a soft lock-on that's practically identical. The only thing you're missing is things like double tap inputs.

Bayonetta did it very well.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ If I recall every DMC has always had a soft-lock, attacking without holding R1 usually caused You to swing/shoot at whatever was closest to You.

SpawnShooter

^ If I recall every DMC has always had a soft-lock, attacking without holding R1 usually caused You to swing/shoot at whatever was closest to You.

That's right, or you could just point the control stick and it would attack that enemy. Though you couldn't do the thing where you change what enemy you're shooting like in DmC...but there was lock-on for that.

Fran0823

But wouldn't crowd control come from moveset and not targeting? I don't follow.

I think I got myself confused there...a lot.

I think DmC's auto-targer is better because it targets the character you're facing, even if it's far away, in DMC it attacks the nearest one, unless Im playing very wrong D=

SpawnShooter

I think I got myself confused there...a lot.

I think DmC's auto-targer is better because it targets the character you're facing, even if it's far away, in DMC it attacks the nearest one, unless Im playing very wrong D=

Ah I see what you're saying, thanks for clearing that up.

Top Bottom