• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've tried to play DMC 4 after DmC again...

aoshi

Dear lord... i don't understand why what i said is apparently so hard to understand.

It would not have been misunderstood if you had put it the right way without offending the rest of the forums(considering you barely know others in the forum). I jus quoted some of your meaningless statements.

I feel that most people on this forum are not good enough at either game to judge them properly.

Otherwise, you have no right to criticize the new system, because you are simply not good enough.

Anyone who would read this would think about chauvenism. If you disagree to it, Does not mean you were'nt.
Example:

I have no right to judge the new system? I can't agree with that at all...

I stated my qualifications and then explicitly said "I DONT THINK IM EVEN QUALIFIED TO PROPERLY ASSESS THESE GAMES".

So you're diplomatic about it???? But still were wrong to say the rest of forums don't deserve to criticize DMC games.

Ok now you are just being an @$$. Distribute the game to the top 10? I clearly said that people who say the new system is clunky should prove that they have played both, are relatively good at both (to determine whether or not they have used all the various nuances of each combat style), and then properly assess them in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner. Its called making an informed critique buddy. Just because I know you have a difficult time understanding words ill put it simply: if you want to properly critique two books, make sure you have fully read both of them.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying you should not critique DmC's combat if you aren't good enough to use DMC4's or DmC's combat systems to their full extent.

As i said before, we live in democracy. Not only people who know intricacies in politics vote to elect a government but common people(over 18 years) are allowed to vote and their say counts too. Which is why your statement on only "good" DMC players should criticize the game is null and void. Deal with it.

Also admitting that you don't lookup good DMC play is contradicting your statement that only "good" DMC players should criticize the game(considering you don't know wat good DMC play is).

MasterBlasterAA

It would not have been misunderstood if you had put it the right way without offending the rest of the forums(considering you barely know others in the forum). I jus quoted some of your meaningless statements.

Anyone who would read this would think about chauvenism. If you disagree to it, Does not mean you were'nt.
Example:

So you're diplomatic about it???? But still were wrong to say the rest of forums don't deserve to criticize DMC games.

As i said before, we live in democracy. Not only people who know intricacies in politics vote to elect a government but common people(over 18 years) are allowed to vote and their say counts too. Which is why your statement on only "good" DMC players should criticize the game is null and void. Deal with it.

Also admitting that you don't lookup good DMC play is contradicting your statement that only "good" DMC players should criticize the game(considering you don't know wat good DMC play is).

First of all, dont bring DarkSlayer54 back into this. I already explained to him that he was not included in the people i was referring to in my original post. He also clearly says he agrees that people should make informed critiques.

I already also stated that my original post was harsh in nature. It is true that I am new to these forums and maybe you know people on here better than me but either way this doesn't change the fact that most people seem to have blind anger towards DmC. Now I was referring to posts that said the new combat system was clunky. So I just said people should only critique the new system if they know enough about each and have used them extensively. I do not fit into this category because in DMC4 I mainly played with Nero. Now again CHAUVINISTIC means that I think I am superior to others on this forum WHICH I NEVER SAID. If you read between the lines and somehow glean that message from what I said then I cannot help you there.

You really want to bring up an imperfect democracy to back up your claim? That is utterly pathetic... I think that we can all agree that a perfect democracy would be one in which all people are well informed about their choices and free to make their own decisions based on that information. Now if you want to take the real world democracy (America especially) into account, people make uninformed decisions all the time. But is this ideal? Of course not. Same thing applies to these games. I am not saying people who don't have enough experience with both don't have opinions that count, they just carry a lot less weight. A person who has played both and is good at them (by which i mean knows and has used the combat extensively) has an opinion that is well informed and therefore is more valuable.

Yes I said I don't look up good gameplay but how exactly does that contradict what I said previously? I clearly don't know what good gameplay is, and therefore shouldn't critique the combat systems right? (This is in accordance with my previous post). SO WHERE EXACTLY DO I MAKE ANY CRITIQUES? I never said anything for or against any opinion on this thread.

My logic is completely sound. Your idiotic rhetoric baffles me. Please stop talking, I wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself further.

aoshi

First of all, dont bring DarkSlayer54 back into this. I already explained to him that he was not included in the people i was referring to in my original post. He also clearly says he agrees that people should make informed critiques.

First, he disagreed. So is my response. You agree that he can disagree but i don't????

I already also stated that my original post was harsh in nature. It is true that I am new to these forums and maybe you know people on here better than me but either way this doesn't change the fact that most people seem to have blind anger towards DmC.

Now you're making unnecessary criticism suffered by DmC. Some people, not "Most" as you claim. Some criticism suffered by DmC is genuine. I can't talk on behalf of criticism suffered as i myself have mixed feelings about the game. But wat does that have any reference to my argument on chauvenism.

Now I was referring to posts that said the new combat system was clunky. So I just said people should only critique the new system if they know enough about each and have used them extensively. I do not fit into this category because in DMC4 I mainly played with Nero. Now again CHAUVINISTIC means that I think I am superior to others on this forum WHICH I NEVER SAID. If you read between the lines and somehow glean that message from what I said then I cannot help you there.

Did i jus not quote you saying that "most of people don't know DMC in this forum????How is that not treating "any" criticism is superior than wats from this forum.

You really want to bring up an imperfect democracy to back up your claim? That is utterly pathetic... I think that we can all agree that a perfect democracy would be one in which all people are well informed about their choices and free to make their own decisions based on that information. Now if you want to take the real world democracy (America especially) into account, people make uninformed decisions all the time. But is this ideal? Of course not. Same thing applies to these games. I am not saying people who don't have enough experience with both don't have opinions that count, they just carry a lot less weight. A person who has played both and is good at them (by which i mean knows and has used the combat extensively) has an opinion that is well informed and therefore is more valuable.

Now you have a problem with democracy????? Try saying it to people who run the government. They will sure change the system. Good luck with that.

Yes I said I don't look up good gameplay but how exactly does that contradict what I said previously? I clearly don't know what good gameplay is, and therefore shouldn't critique the combat systems right? (This is in accordance with my previous post). SO WHERE EXACTLY DO I MAKE ANY CRITIQUES? I never said anything for or against any opinion on this thread.

I mean when you clearly don't know wat good DMC criticism is, you don't get to say who should criticize DMC. You jus don't get it.

MasterBlasterAA

I was just saying that you can't say that the DmC's combat system is clunky when you aren't good enough to use all the combat complexities DMC4 had to offer. I should have replaced "judge" with "criticize". I was directing my statement at people who are comparing DmC's combat to DMC4's combat and criticizing the new system (not people like you, i agree with you). Again, I like both systems, I just want to tell people that you have to be qualified to criticize is all.

Edited my original post

First, he disagreed. So is my response. You agree that he can disagree but i don't????

Now you're making unnecessary criticism suffered by DmC. Some people, not "Most" as you claim. Some criticism suffered by DmC is genuine. I can't talk on behalf of criticism suffered as i myself have mixed feelings about the game. But wat does that have any reference to my argument on chauvenism.

Did i jus not quote you saying that "most of people don't know DMC in this forum????How is that not treating "any" criticism is superior than wats from this forum.

Now you have a problem with democracy????? Try saying it to people who run the government. They will sure change the system. Good luck with that.

I mean when you clearly don't know wat good DMC criticism is, you don't get to say who should criticize DMC. You jus don't get it.

Listen. I am done trying to convince you. Nobody on this thread is taking this much offense to something that is so simple. You cannot judge anything until you are familiar with it. Thats it. None of your arguments make any sense... Change the system? The system is majority rule (Democracy). People make decisions. Decisions are made using information. If you believe it is ok for people to make decisions without being informed thats great. You are apparently just as dumb as the uninformed voter. "Most people don't know DMC on this forum"? Where did I say that... what are you even reading. I said there is a lot of blind anger towards DmC on this forum. Also if you look closely, DarkSlayer54 liked that post above (where I quoted myself). You are an embarrassment to DMC as a whole. I can't believe room temperature IQ people like you are even involved in these discussions. Quit responding.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'd rather find out what kids see in cinnamon toast crunch.

Don't even get me started... I would prefer a reboot cereal any day. Though people would probably scream about how the color of the box has changed, send death threats to General Mills, and complain about how the taste isn't as "deep" or "stylish" as it used to be...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I would prefer a reboot cereal any day.
Thread lightly! I will not have my CTC (part of a nutritious breakfast) rebooted. And why do kids love it? If you have to ask the question then you will never know, it is as simple as that!

In all seriousness, the first game I played after DmC was DMC4, as well. The fact is that DmC just made the flaws DMC4 had much more obvious, it was boring, it was unappealing, and it was squandered potential, everything it was before DmC but just more obvious.

I also played DMC3 and Bayonetta and they are still better than ether of the other 2, responsive, fast, hand numbing, and action packed. In DMC3's case it really works the story and characters well, in a way DMC4 tried, and failed, to achieve. I almost wrote a review for DmC, but with everyone and their grandma doing one I figured there were enough around as it was, and my whole point was that DmC was close to been good but it was the details that keep it from been great.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Thread lightly! I will not have my CTC (part of a nutritious breakfast) rebooted. And why do kids love it? If you have to ask the question then you will never know, it is as simple as that!
12.jpg
This would be the reboot.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Finally started DMC4! Love how the game tries to present a decent story...Im sad it fails so HARD )=.Currently on Mission 15

The gameplay is epic as always, but the level design is boring although not as bad as in DMC3,the backtracking is AMAZINGLY LAZY. I like Nero as a character and hate the fact that he is pretty much canon fodder, really wish to get his background explained.

The combat is a bit faster than in DmC and DMC3, however it feels a bit unatural for some reason and it bothers me.

8/10. would play

For reference
DMC1: 7/10
DMC2: 5/10
DMC3: 9/10
DmC: 9/10

Terrutas

Finally started DMC4! Love how the game tries to present a decent story...Im sad it fails so HARD )=.Currently on Mission 15

The gameplay is epic as always, but the level design is boring although not as bad as in DMC3, I like Nero as a character and hate the fact that he is pretty much canon fodder, really wish to get his background explained.

The combat is a bit faster than in DmC and DMC3, however it feels a bit unatural for some reason and it bothers me.

8/10. would play

For reference
DMC1: 7/10
DMC2: 5/10
DMC3: 9/10
DmC: 9/10
If you really want to enjoy the game, you need to make effort to master the combat system. and play the **** out of bloody palace.

The main campaign kind of sucks, that dice game is notoriously long, boring and pointless. but the combat is near perfection, and is worthy of a lot of praise.

Here's a tip for dice puzzle whatever number is facing up when its idle hit it with you buster arm. It will always land on that number that was facing up, it's not randomized when you hit it and let it roll manually. You only need to hit it once by the way.

Terrutas

Here's a tip for dice puzzle whatever number is facing up when its idle hit it with you buster arm. It will always land on that number that was facing up, it's not randomized when you hit it and let it roll manually. You only need to hit it once by the way.
Yeah that's known. However it doesn't change the fact that it only slows you down and bores you to the extent that you want to gouge your eyes out.
Kinda like Dee Ehm See.

aoshi

Listen. I am done trying to convince you. Nobody on this thread is taking this much offense to something that is so simple.

Since when is making an argument an offense? If there is anything that is offending, its your sophomoric,immature and ego-driven responses that fails to make any point.

You cannot judge anything until you are familiar with it. Thats it. None of your arguments make any sense... Change the system? The system is majority rule (Democracy). People make decisions. Decisions are made using information. If you believe it is ok for people to make decisions without being informed thats great. You are apparently just as dumb as the uninformed voter.

It's your chauvinistic take on criticism that does not make sense. Criticism are subjective as they get. Its a no-brainer that to give a fair criticism , knowledge is necessary. People don't jump off their bed on a fine morning, decide to buy a console or configure their PCs , buy DmC , then bitch about it by joining the forums. Though DmC has an ESRB rating of mature, its an action/adventure game with more emphasis on fantasy elements like demons and angels that anyone who plays Teen rating games would pick it up. So it would be obvious that criticism presented by them would be in comparison to their knowledge(Which may not be wide) and lets face it fantasy too is as subjective it gets. The reason forums is to discuss subjective critcism and arrive at a conclusion on wats really a pro or a con.Such criticism are not intentionally bad and is not even a subject of serious scrutiny.Anyone can disagree to it but you can't claim they have no "right" to submit them. Jus as you can't claim "right to vote" cannot be subjective. Whether anyone exercises that right or not, they still need to pay taxes. So people would give thought in electing people to whom they give their money. Jus as any gamer pays to buy a game and expects it to be good. Which is why there are so many reviews like IGN, gamespot and metacritic that give consumer the choice to buy the game. You are arguing based on criticism submitted by fans which can be subjective. There are fan-forums that allow it jus as this forum.

Though you are enforcing well-informed criticism, you yourself are not giving one.

I said there is a lot of blind anger towards DmC on this forum.

Now, I am not defending this forums but am making an argument that you yourself are not making a "well-informed" critcism on forums. The hate on DmC is an old story which was in 2011/2012 and now we are in 2013.Game is out. Reviews have been submitted on DmC and have been given a fair review with a list of pros and cons.

DmC review by chaos raiden

Vergil's downfall is out. DmC's sales is being discussed with data.

DmC sales discussion

You are calling people should not make criticism without being well-informed but you yourself are bitching no different than blind DmC hate. Can you get any more hypocritical than that?

You say you prefer "constructive" criticism when you have been all along trolling with a no-brainer, chauvenistic argument that criticism has bad apples. Its not even the subject of discussion. You don't make any constructive comparison between DMC 4 and DmC.

I will now IGNORE you which i should have done earlier since you have nothing valuable to offer.

Top Bottom