• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've contacted Ninja Theory for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
You got a great site that promotes Devil May Cry. Surely that deserves few copies of DMC HD and DmC for competitions? If i was working with Capcom with DmC project in any kind of job i would go to Capcom and say "DevilMayCry.org is a great DMC community, and it's also good for marketing reasons that we sponsor their competitions".

So i honestly don't see it as you pushing your luck, though i may feel otherwise :p
But try Steve, and if they say no - it's all good. Perhaps they will say "Sure we will provide copies of DMC HD and DmC but on one condition: the competition(s) must promote DMC".

They really would be fools in my eyes if they don't take advantage of such opportonity to sponsor one of the best DMC sites. It's cheap way of advertising the game.

How is it good for marketing at all? Really? You bash them in every thread, they wouldn't promote through us hahahaha

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Another question

What exactly does the D-pad control?
Will the "secret missions" effect the main plot?
How diverse is the soundtrack? And will there be an OST?
Will the environments, like cars, still be able to be used to throw around?
What was the most exciting part about working at the studio that created Avatar?
How exactly will firing ebony and ivory work, considering the gun cool down system?
Are there any actors/ voice actors that were on Enslaved/HS involved with DmC?

and just a yes or no question.
Is there going to be taunts?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
How is it good for marketing at all? Really? You bash them in every thread, they wouldn't promote through us hahahaha
You'd be surprised. Chucking out freebies to your biggest enemies can actually alter their perception of you or at least get them to back down. Either way, it's all publicity for them - they can't really lose. If they accept and give us something for free, everyone will sing their praises. If they don't (which is highly likely), there will be plenty who will accuse them of being tight-fisted but they will still be talked about regardless. Aside from the negativity, of course, they get yet another mention in the media. Another bunch of threads made about them. People linking to those threads via Twitter, Facebook, other forums, articles, blogs etc.

Personally I reckon if they give us a freebie of any kind it's a really generous act towards a relatively unknown fansite. If they don't, I can completely understand that and have no issue with it. It's their product, their choice - just giving us an interview is enough for me.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi guys,

Just wanted to chime in and remind that, as mentioned on the previous page, we're not accepting anymore questions just now. I'm in the process of emailing Capcom with 12 fan-submitted questions, and I feel that that figure is more than enough. You'll have to wait until the interview goes live before you find out just which questions were chosen, though! :p

I'm really amazed by the excellent question submissions, by the way. So much so that I threw out all of my own questions, simply because they were crap in comparison!

I think you guys will be very pleased to learn of what questions have been put to Ninja Theory.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Terrific news, folks: Capcom's Adam Merrett has confirmed that not only has he been able to forward on the questions to Tameem and Alex Jones, but that Capcom will provide us with a "good handful" of promotional copies to give away, of both DmC and Devil May Cry HD Collection. I'm absolutely thrilled by the news and I hope you guys will be too.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Terrific news, folks: Capcom's Adam Merrett has confirmed that not only has he been able to forward on the questions to Tameem and Alex Jones, but that Capcom will provide us with a "good handful" of promotional copies to give away, of both DmC and Devil May Cry HD Collection. I'm absolutely thrilled by the news and I hope you guys will be, too.
Wow this may even make us an official site :D
but then we might get too many members for members to get to know eachother as well as the members here do :( as for the promotional copies of the game, they obviously saw how handsome my avatar was, its the reason the ladies love me

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It won't make us official ;) But it's a generous thing for them to do and both Steve and I were very pleasantly surprised that they said yes. Considering how small a site we are, it's really good of Capcom to do this for our little community.

For those who may be in some confusion about how Capcom are now involved, it's their PR side that are forwarding stuff onto Ninja Theory on our behalf. NT got back in touch with Steve to check that Adam had emailed him regarding the interview, so they have clearly given it the go-ahead themselves, just via Capcom's PR guy. I know some of the CU members have expressed confusion in PMs to us as they thought we'd mislead them but that's not the case - NT will be interviewed, not Capcom :)

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Terrific news, folks: Capcom's Adam Merrett has confirmed that not only has he been able to forward on the questions to Tameem and Alex Jones, but that Capcom will provide us with a "good handful" of promotional copies to give away, of both DmC and Devil May Cry HD Collection. I'm absolutely thrilled by the news and I hope you guys will be too.

That's great!

StuntXL

I'm assuming they might give you guys an embargo? Or they'll probably send you guys their answers on a certain specific date? I'd be surprised if they replied back instantly. More than likely they'll go over their answers with a finely teethed comb over a period of time, go over with all the parties involved as to what information's allowed to be revealed, and then decide on a date that they think will be best for maximum exposure to possibly coincide with some of their marketing for the game.

If I'm wrong then even better, we'll get our info sooner. There's been a huge drought of info since TGS about DmC.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
PR points for capcom and ninja theory +1 also i had a question about the interview, if ninja theory/capcom replies back today, is steve going to have the interview up today?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm assuming they might give you guys an embargo? Or they'll probably send you guys their answers on a certain specific date? I'd be surprised if they replied back instantly. More than likely they'll go over their answers with a finely teethed comb over a period of time, go over with all the parties involved as to what information's allowed to be revealed, and then decide on a date that they think will be best for maximum exposure to possibly coincide with some of their marketing for the game.

If I'm wrong then even better, we'll get our info sooner. There's been a huge drought of info since TGS about DmC.
We honestly don't know at this stage but it's still cool they've agreed to let us interview them. I'm guessing here, but perhaps the reason we're going through the PR guy rather than direct to NT is to perhaps filter out anything that they may deem unsuitable to answer prior to NT seeing it? I don't know...the questions picked have been worded carefully and presented in a way that doesn't imply bias in either direction so hopefully as many, if not all, will be answered fully.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
This place feels so formal now heheheheh
And i know this Forum isn't official but! it's the first site that comes up when looking for DMC info.
So in my eyes, thats official :p

Great job to the admins for making this interview possible too! you guys rock

Meg

Wow that's very generous of them to offer copies. My props to NT/Capcom. :)

I've actually found my opinion on NT slowly changing from disgust to apathy and now a growing respect. Oh, I disagree with them in many ways, but they seem to be decent people that stick to their guns and I can respect that.

Even though DmC looks crappy so far. *trollface*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom