• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've contacted Ninja Theory for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I got an idea for a competition , a laser gun fight underwater with no
scuba gear :D
Well, that was Steve's first suggestion but for some crazy reason I think we ultimately decided it probably wouldn't be for the best... ;)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
'Allo,

Quick update: I'm just waiting on some clarification from Capcom regarding how best to manage the dishing out of prizes -- it sounds like I'll be receiving the copies and manually forwarding them onto you guys -- but I'm itching to kick off a contest very soon. First up, we'll be holding a competition for copies of DMC: HD, and, further down the line, we'll be doing the same for DmC.

I'm not sure how many copies there will be to give away, but it's sounding like a very generous amount. I'm really very pleased by how supportive both Capcom and Ninja Theory have been.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
See, guys, Capcom and Ninja Theory aren't such bad guys as people make them out to be.
Yeah the only thing I do not like is the bigger CEO's and some of their PR .
oh and by the way
Is this interview going to be done by video with someone repeating our questions from a sheet of paper
or are they going to email the answers to us
PS: derp, i forgot to do my trademark " random unnecessary google image" :( i now must cry in shame

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
'Allo,

Quick update: I'm just waiting on some clarification from Capcom regarding how best to manage the dishing out of prizes -- it sounds like I'll be receiving the copies and manually forwarding them onto you guys -- but I'm itching to kick off a contest very soon. First up, we'll be holding a competition for copies of DMC: HD, and, further down the line, we'll be doing the same for DmC.

I'm not sure how many copies there will be to give away, but it's sounding like a very generous amount. I'm really very pleased by how supportive both Capcom and Ninja Theory have been.

Great news Steve!
Say, if someone outside the UK wins a copy of either game, will you send it to him as well and charge for the shipping, or will it be a UK only contest? I'm only a 4 hours flight away :p

Steve

Admin
Yeah the only thing I do not like is the bigger CEO's and some of their PR .
oh and by the way
Is this interview going to be done by video with someone repeating our questions from a sheet of paper
or are they going to email the answers to us
They'll email their answers over and I'll post them on the front page.

Say, if someone outside the UK wins a copy of either game, will you send it to him as well and charge for the shipping, or will it be a UK only contest? I'm only a 4 hours flight away :p
Good question! I was thinking about the very same thing earlier today. I really, really would be against charging the winners with shipping costs - it would no longer be a free copy, then, you know? When I think contests, I think "all expenses paid" and all that jazz. If someone from the UK were to win a copy, it would only cost me about a fiver to have it sent First Class Recorded delivery anyway, seeing as how I am a UK resident myself.

ReRave

smug jerk
Good question! I was thinking about the very same thing earlier today. I really, really would be against charging the winners with shipping costs - it would no longer be a free copy, then, you know? When I think contests, I think "all expenses paid" and all that jazz. If someone from the UK were to win a copy, it would only cost me about a fiver to have it sent First Class Recorded delivery anyway, seeing as how I am a UK resident myself.

Seeing how I will win anyways, I might as well just help you out and calculate shipment fees to southern Germany for you. I'd be more than happy to pay them myself though, if it means a free copy of the game. That's like what? 10 €uros for a brandnew video-game I've been wanting for almost two years?

Steve

Admin
Seeing how I will win anyways, I might as well just help you out and calculate shipment fees to southern Germany for you. I'd be more than happy to pay them myself though, if it means a free copy of the game. That's like what? 10 €uros for a brandnew video-game I've been wanting for almost two years?
That's really very generous of you! However, we're stubborn so-and-sos and we'd at least try to make sure you that you didn't have to pay shipping. I'll have to look into just how much it'll cost to ship abroad to those far, faraway places at the opposite end of the planet, but I'm confident that we won't have to exclude anyone -- or any countries, rather -- from future contests.

Another thing I need to broach with Capcom is the topic of region compatibility. My wife mentioned it earlier, and it hadn't occurred to me before then, but I'll have to ask Capcom if they'll be sending over an equal share of PAL and NTSC copies of the games - or if they're region free. You don't want to receive a foreign copy of the game which won't play on your console, now, will you? :p

ReRave

smug jerk
Another thing I need to broach with Capcom is the topic of region compatibility. My wife mentioned it earlier, and it hadn't occurred to me before then, but I'll have to ask Capcom if they'll be sending over an equal share of PAL and NTSC copies of the games - or if they're region free. You don't want to receive a foreign copy of the game which won't play on your console, now, will you? :p
What? They didn't remove that on the PS3? Well, I'd much prefer an UK-version of the game, since I hate german dubs (well, more like dubs in general). Looking forward to it, they didn't say when that is going to happen, did they?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!

If I were to win, then the shipping would cost about 5-7 pounds to ship the item to my house. That's a very low amount of money that I am more than willing to pay. (I live in Israel)

Steve

Admin
What? They didn't remove that on the PS3? Well, I'd much prefer an UK-version of the game, since I hate german dubs (well, more like dubs in general). Looking forward to it, they didn't say when that is going to happen, did they?
That's correct, yeah, PS3 games are, to my understanding, totally region-free. However, most Xbox 360 games are not, and there's every chance that one or two winners might want a copy of the game for Xbox 360.

In the email I sent to Capcom earlier today, I asked whether or not they would require creative control over the contest(s) and also if I might be able to get one started nice and soon. If I hear back from Adam Merrett today, I will let you know all the details. :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
See, guys, Capcom and Ninja Theory aren't such bad guys as people make them out to be.
exactly, capcom and ninja theory are being extremely generous by doing this, and i know all the members appreciate all the things they are doing for us. thank you capcom, ninja theory, and steve for making this happen :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
That's right people. Because Capcom/Nt provided with copies of DmC and DMC HD, it's time for everyone on DevilMayCry.org to speak positively about DmC, NT and Capcom..

No exceptions.

We have offically been bought...

ReRave

smug jerk
That's right people. Because Capcom/Nt provided with copies of DmC and DMC HD, it's time for everyone on DevilMayCry.org to speak positively about DmC, NT and Capcom..

No exceptions.

We have offically been bought...

Yeah, **** those scumbags, for buying us with games, that half of the fan-entourage doesn't want. Jeez man...

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Yeah, **** those scumbags, for buying us with games, that half of the fan-entourage doesn't want. Jeez man...
Noone has received games except Steve (it's not for himself even). And anyone on this site must earn the right to win a copy.

E A R N

So you have to make a effort.

So i don't see how i have received any game for free, or will if i win a competition.

In litterature there is a story of a doctor who found out that a beach was bad. I think it was toxic. Because the beach was good business, they gave a dam about that.

They sacrificed the truth for money.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Noone has received games except Steve (it's not for himself even). And anyone on this site must earn the right to win a copy.

E A R N

So i don't see how i have received any game for free, or will if i win a competition.

In litterature there is a story of a doctor who found out that a beach was bad. I think it was toxic. Because the beach was good business, they gave a dam about that.

They sacrificed the truth for money.
We don't earn them silly, We use bribes involving kittens, they only said no bribing them with money, so we shall bribe them with kittens
funny-pictures-cat-offers-you-money-to-stay-quiet2.jpg

>:3

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon

E A R N

If sitting down at my computer chair is putting in an effort than count me out, i can't be bothered with such trivial labor.:p

'Allo,

sweet news:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom