• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I've contacted Ninja Theory for an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
So you get to pick one statement, and we argue on that then?
Your after arguing? Sorry i only want to discuss things.

Go argue with yourself :)

If sitting down at my computer chair is putting in an effort than count me out, i can't be bothered with such trivial labor.:p

sweet news:cool:
The recent caption competition that Angel did.

What did it ask of the partcipants?

humour and creativity.

And only those who have put big effort into it will have good chance of winning.

Do you understand that, because if i have to tell you that, then i doubt that you do...

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The recent caption competition that Angel did.

What did it ask of the partcipants?

humour and creativity.

And only those who have put big effort into it will have good chance of winning.

Do you understand that, because if i have to tell you that, then i doubt that you do...
Humour and creativity yes, but its not like a race or anything. And it was really fun to just read through all the submissions from all the people. Im not taking anything away from Angels contest designs but, it was a silly little topic and anyone with a little sense could of made an interesting little caption. I honestly didn't take it like it was a contest because it was so silly hehehe but since there can be a winner, i guess someone has got to judge but i happen to think they all were actually funny.
If submitting a caption for that competition took you more than 5 minutes to make, then i would say, take another 5 minutes just to put in a little effort.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Humour and creativity yes, but its not like a race or anything. And it was really fun to just read through all the submissions from all the people. Im not taking anything away from Angels contest designs but, it was a silly little topic and anyone with a little sense could of made an interesting little caption. I honestly didn't take it like it was a contest because it was so silly hehehe but since there can be a winner, i guess someone has got to judge but i happen to think they all were actually funny.
If submitting a caption for that competition took you more than 5 minutes to make, then i would say, take another 5 minutes just to put in a little effort.
As i said you have to put a effort. And that effort may earn you something. But you did something even if it was 5minutes. Which is why someone winning a DMC HD copy through this site hasn't been given it for free.

What you think of the competition is your opinion, and has nothing to do with what i am replying to you about.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well maybe the next contest will require effort ( hopefully wrestling a pitbull)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
As i said you have to put a effort. And that effort may earn you something. But you did something even if it was 5minutes. Which is why someone winning a DMC HD copy through this site hasn't been given it for free.

What you think of the competition is your opinion, and has nothing to do with what i am replying to you about.
Fine. sitting at a computer is effort. gotcha.
But it would of been more of a competition if photoshop was required or some kind of production value was needed. But she just said, type it it at the bottom.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Before every human created something:
a painting, blue prints over a flying thing, a gun, a dress, a story, a game etc.

They had to go through a or MANY thought processes.
And that's where the effort lies.

The caption contest did not require alot of effort because the rewards was not appealing to many people.
Therefor many people including myself did not completely commit ourself to our entries. But get this through your head, i had to think before i came up with what i decided what to have as caption.
And i tried to be original, funny, and also do it in a way that DMC fans could understand (a DMC reference).

Now if the reward for Caption contest was DMC HD copy, i gurantee you then over 20+ people would take part in it. And the more participants the bigger effort you have to put into your entry.

mrrandomlulz

Before every human created something:
a painting, blue prints over a flying thing, a gun, a dress, a story, a game etc.

They had to go through a or MANY thought processes.
And that's where the effort lies.

The caption contest did not require alot of effort because the rewards was not appealing to many people.
Therefor many people including myself did not completely commit ourself to our entries. But get this through your head, i had to think before i came up with what i decided what to have as caption.
And i tried to be original, funny, and also do it in a way that DMC fans could understand (a DMC reference).

Now if the reward for Caption contest was DMC HD copy, i gurantee you then over 20+ people would take part in it. And the more participants the bigger effort you have to put into your entry.
nope you just have to destroy all the rest of the competition with a laser shooting pogo stick , as soon as the competition starts i shall use mine

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
But it would of been more of a competition if photoshop was required or some kind of production value was needed. But she just said, type it it at the bottom.

the competition was about the persons creativity and sense of humor not their ability to use Photoshop so there would be no reason for make all entries require a computer program not everyone has that costs money to get if you don't want to download it illegally.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
the competition was about the persons creativity and sense of humor not their ability to use Photoshop so there would be no reason for make all entries require a computer program not everyone has that costs money to get if you don't want to download it illegally.
I know, thats what Angel said right off the bat. Maybe in the next competition, the admins might actually make us work for the game. At least require some of our time, especially for a game. If i were to sit down at put in 20 hours of effort on the next competition, kinda ridiculous but for DMC HD, its priceless.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I know, thats what Angel said right off the bat. Maybe in the next competition, the admins might actually make us work for the game. At least require some of our time, especially for a game. If i were to sit down at put in 20 hours of effort on the next competition, kinda ridiculous but for DMC HD, its priceless.
10 hours of work = gives a person enough cash for around 5 DMC HD copies.

So why waste 20 hours on a competition for 1 copy?

Well i'll try my best in the next competition, regardless if the prize is the HD collection. I just want to have a little fun:D
That's what everyone who took part in Caption contest aimed at. Having fun.

But i guess sitting on a computer isn't fun o_O

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
10 hours of work = gives a person enough cash for around 5 DMC HD copies.

So why waste 20 hours on a competition for 1 copy?

That's what everyone who took part in Caption contest aimed at. Having fun.

But i guess sitting on a computer isn't fun :confused:
Thats what i was saying from the first post...............

its a merry go round with you

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Thats what i was saying from the first post...............

its a merry go round with you
picard-facepalm.jpeg

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
CoolDemon, I still don't see what your issue is? They didn't say "we're giving you these games, you HAVE to be positive about us, you can't have an opinion, you can't be freethinkers etc." They were like, hey, we want to give the FANS what they want and give them a chance to own the game by just putting a little effort instead of paying (as the way we're using "free" is in relation to cost in currency). Now, just because they gave them to Steve doesn't mean they are trying to buy us. And seriously, some competitions require effort, some don't. Some require more effort than others. Since we don't know the competition, we can't determine that at this moment in our lives. Sure, we can ASSUME that it will take a lot of effort. But we can also ASSUME that giant cupcakes will fall from the sky with panda shooting lasers in order to harness our planet core for nuclear fusion. Do you see what I'm saying? All of this is based on assumptions. The only thing we KNOW is that they will be interviewed and they are giving Steve copies of the games to distribute as he sees fit (which lucky for everyone, is through some fair competition).

mrrandomlulz

Wait the mods were already given some copies
I will laugh my butt off if they find major glitches before release date and the winners of the contest have the crappy glitched beta copies XD
633666221520909328-EpicFailure.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom