• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there hope for a Devil May Cry 5?

Frazz

General gamer
Okay.....I might have been wrong. A lot. ;_;

Nope. No hope. Classic DMC is dead and gone, and all we're getting is DMC4SE. Best case scenario, they might give DmC another try.

So! Who here is a pretty good artist lol?
Reading that with the terrible google translation was very painful but like you say it seems that all hope is gone for a DMC5 happening soon:( I was beginning to let the e3 'hints' for DMC5 bring me in but it seems that that is all hype for the special edition...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@The Good Gentleman mah... that can very well be just PR bull***8 to incentive people to buy the Special Edi... wait...

What? DMC4SE is coming with a survey in order to decide the future direction of the franchise?!!!

Wha... what the... WHAT THE F***?!!! CAPCOM, ARE YOU GODDAMN BLIND???

HAVE YOU F*****G HAD A LOOK AT DMC4'S RECENT SALE ACHIEVEMENT???

DID YOU F*****G SEE THE DAMN INTERNET EXPLODING IN JOY AT THE NEWS OF SPECIAL EDITION???

ARE YOUR BRAINS THAT COVERED IN BULL'S CRAP THAT YOU CAN'T REALIZE WHICH DIRECTION FANS WANT THE FRANCHISE TO GO???

FANS SPOKE WITH THEIR WALLETS MULTIPLE TIMES!!! I THOUGHT YOU AT LEAST COMPREHENDED THAT LANGUAGE!!!

A survey? A survey?!!!

vqjmv7.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Frazz

General gamer
@The Good Gentleman mah... that can very well be just PR bullsh8 to incentive people to buy the Special Edi... wait...

What? DMC4SE is coming with a survey in order to decide the future direction of the franchise?!!!

Wha... what the... WHAT THE F*CK?!!! CAPCOM, ARE YOU GODDAMN BLIND???

HAVE YOU F*CKING HAD A LOOK AT DMC4'S RECENT SALE ACHIEVEMENT???

DID YOU F*UCKING SEE THE DAMN INTERNET EXPLODING IN JOY AT THE NEWS OF SPECIAL EDITION???

ARE YOUR BRAINS THAT COVERED IN BULL'S CRAP THAT YOU CAN'T REALIZE WHICH DIRECTION FANS WANT THE FRANCHISE TO GO???

FANS SPOKE WITH THEIR WALLETS MULTIPLE TIMES!!! I THOUGHT YOU AT LEAST COMPREHENDED THAT LANGUAGE!!!

A survey? A survey?!!!

vqjmv7.gif
Considering the bureaucracy of this we probably won't see a new DMC for about four or five years... another miserable and long wait for a new DMC that nearly kills me... great and I thought that after the DmC fiasco Capcom would want to get a DMC5 out ASAP!

Judge

@The Good Gentleman mah... that can very well be just PR bullsh8 to incentive people to buy the Special Edi... wait...

Wha... what the... WHAT THE F*CK?!!! CAPCOM, ARE YOU GODDAMN BLIND???

HAVE YOU F*CKING HAD A LOOK AT DMC4'S RECENT SALE ACHIEVEMENT???

DID YOU F*UCKING SEE THE DAMN INTERNET EXPLODING IN JOY AT THE NEWS OF SPECIAL EDITION???

A survey? A survey?!!!

I think you might be being a bit over the top with this. Capcom are probably waiting until DMC4 SE comes out to make their decision. They can't go with what certain fans might or might not think at the moment.

All I can say is be patient. I'm sure theres a good possibility DMC4 might conitnue.

Frazz

General gamer
I think you might be being a bit over the top with this. Capcom are probably waiting until DMC4 SE comes out to make their decision. They can't go with what certain fans might or might not think at the moment.

All I can say is be patient. I'm sure theres a good possibility DMC4 might conitnue.
The thing is that fans of DMC who didn't like DmC have been waiting SEVEN YEARS for a sequel and if they start DMC5 development at the end of this year then the game could be four years away. That would mean a DMC sequel could be released ELEVEN years after the previous instalment! That's a hell of a lot of waiting my friend. They should have asked us what we wanted in a DMC 5 years ago... After DmC released they should have done a DMC5 based survey!

Khundy

Berserker
Capcoms been screwing up since the 3rd gen, I dont see them fixing everything all at once. I'm still suprised and happy about the special edition. I've been playing 3-4 for the last 7 years on and off again and I have no problem playing them till I'm an old man barley able to jump cancel.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
@Foxtrot94
Language. Just changing one letter isn't enough.

That's a bit curious. This is a Devil May Cry forum, and bad-language-no-good is censor-worthy? I think it's safe to assume most people here are over 18.

Besides! Offensive language is just words. The only reason why hell is considered more offensive a word than heck is because some jackasses a long time ago simply decided it so. Words are just bubbles that pop - completely innocuous. But thoughts and intentions? Those be your enemies of peace.

Thank you. Thank you. My book's out next week. :3

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's a bit curious. This is a Devil May Cry forum, and bad-language-no-good is censor-worthy? I think it's safe to assume most people here are over 18.

Besides! Offensive language is just words. The only reason why hell is considered more offensive a word than heck is because some jackasses a long time ago simply decided it so. Words are just bubbles that pop - completely innocuous. But thoughts and intentions? Those be your enemies of peace.

Thank you. Thank you. My book's out next week. :3
It's in the rules we've all agreed to follow when we clicked on the signup button. If you can't say on TV you can't type it here.

The Good Gentleman

I don't read the rules. Rules read me.
AwesomeFaceSmugSmall.png

Buy my book next week, the "Progressive Stimulated Happy Place" by Dr. Hans Magnus. It'll teach you take your happy place, shove it, and make a better one.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Let's wait till e3 before deciding to write Capcom off.

I'm not saying to hope blindly I'm just saying pace yourselves

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've already said it a dozen times, I refuse to get my hopes up. If it happens I will be ecstatic, but every year without news have left me skeptical and a bit jaded, so until I see an official announcement I ain't celebrating nothing.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'm gonna go off-topic, so how's the h/s-beat em up genre in general? any upcoming game you guys might know of? i mean the 3D stuff, not the classic 2D or 2.5D

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
oh well, since we know that DMC5 isn't happening and DmC2 isn't happening in nearest time either, franchise can officially be considered dead I guess.

The Good Gentleman

i'm gonna go off-topic, so how's the h/s-beat em up genre in general? any upcoming game you guys might know of? i mean the 3D stuff, not the classic 2D or 2.5D

Well...if you've got a Wii U, Bayonetta 2 is probably the best game in the genre to date. Platinum is also teasing something, so who knows. Ninja Theory's got Hellblade coming out. Final Fantasy Type-0 is hardly a stylish action game, but the combat is absurdly fast-paced that it'll probably still catch you off guard, so it's at least a decent enough substitute.

Top Bottom