• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there hope for a Devil May Cry 5?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hate it all you want, I loved it and hope I'm right.
Generic and uninspired is The Evil Within in a nutshell. Just a quilt patchwork of horror related crap with no focus or substance. Most importantly, it no way shape or form was it scary. They call Shinji Mikami the father of survival horror, but he really was never good at the horror part. Subtly absolutely escapes him.

Plus, it was basically like RE4 but without the B-movie camp mixed with splatterhouse violence that made RE 4 work.

As a big horror fan, The Evil Within does horror so wrong on so many levels. Eff that game. Ugh, why I was excited I can't remember now.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Generic and uninspired is The Evil Within in a nutshell. Just a quilt patchwork of horror related crap with no focus or substance. Most importantly, it no way shape or form was it scary. They call Shinji Mikami the father of survival horror, but he really was never good at the horror part. Subtly absolutely escapes him.

Plus, it was basically like RE4 but without the B-movie camp mixed with splatterhouse violence that made RE 4 work.

As a big horror fan, The Evil Within does horror so wrong on so many levels. Eff that game. Ugh, why I was excited I can't remember now.
Seriously? I tell you that I like it and you lecture me?
Like I said, you can hate it all you want, I love it and I hope I'm right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What does that have to do with DMC5 anyway?
Nothing, it's just that in the page with that list of E3 events where Del Toro is going to the Bethesda conference and the Sony conference. Bethesda published the Evil Within and I want a sequel and if Guillermito was involved I'd be super happy.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't believe it. Capcom delivering DMC to Platinum? Not gonna happen.

In the remote possibility that it does happen, well... 2010 all over again for me. I'd be worried as hell for the franchise.

berto

I Saw the Devil
2010 all over again for me.
2010? What happened then?

edit:
I am also having to agree. The odds are beyond slim of P* getting the DMC ok from Capcom. As far as I know the P* crew parted in good terms with Capcom but they are still a bussiness and it's very unlikely that they'd let P* freelance for them.

As it is I'm skipticle of a new DMC at all, much less that it'd be a P* game. If that were so this E3 would be the S*** but I will not get my hopes up.

berto

I Saw the Devil
DmC trailer.
Forehead-Slap.jpg

Right! Seems so obvious not that you actually type it out.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
so, if the thing with platinum really is about devil may cry, is it going to be another reboot? and i thought you guys favor platinum games..

berto

I Saw the Devil
so, if the thing with platinum really is about devil may cry, is it going to be another reboot? and i thought you guys favor platinum games..
I am. But that's like finding out that there really is a Santa Claus; You want to believe with all your heart that it will happen but deep down you know you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

berto

I Saw the Devil
For me, it kind of is, yes. DMC has certain standards when it comes to combat after DMC3 and 4, and I don't trust Platinum to be able to top that.
And you don't think that P* can deliver up to their standards? They've more than delivered with Bayonetta 1 & 2 and no one knows action like they do.

I feel that platinum games would actually do it justice.
They are the fathers of the game. They might not be able to replicate the experience of the original game without Mikami but bringing the level of gameplay of Bayonetta with the production values of a Capcom title and it would be something squee worthy.

Top Bottom