• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there hope for a Devil May Cry 5?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
1. This belongs in Devil May Cry General Discussion. So I'll be moving it accordingly.

2. Nice to see another thread go straight down the DMC vs DmC route. This is a surprise.

3. @Bazilican: Dude I've already said about dropping things to you in another thread today. I would suggest just leaving it.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
I'd save the Hunter though. I thought that looked cool, as well as one othe two actually decent boss fights, the other one being Vergil.

Damn, you quote me too quick before I can edit. D=

But yeah, I did like the Hunter too. I don't mean to say the boss battles in DmC were bad, I really like them (more than DMC3's, tbh), it's just their designs were a nada for me.

@LordOfDarkness Soz, I didn't mean to turn it into a DMC vs DmC debate. I'm assuming that's a common thing here.

Last edited:

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

@Bazilican: Dude I've already said about dropping things to you in another thread today. I would suggest just leaving it.

Excuse me?
I didn't start a damn thing. All I said was my own opinion on something in a calm manner like everyone else here, and you choose to rag on my ass over it based on another thread? What am I not allowed to say an opinion here that challenges the Oh-so holy grail of Devil May Cry?
Picking and choosing your targets now.

Some admin you are.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Excuse me?
I didn't start a damn thing. All I said was my own opinion on something in a calm manner like everyone else here, and you choose to rag on my ass over it based on another thread? What am I not allowed to say an opinion here that challenges the Oh-so holy grail of Devil May Cry?
Picking and choosing your targets now.

Some admin you are.

I never accused you of starting anything. It was more like a fair warning considering I already told you and Innsmouth to agree to disagree earlier. I wouldn't call that picking fights because you weren't the only one involved. Neither are you here. Should Neighbird wish to continue this with you, I'd warn him the same way.

Sorry if you view it as a personal attack. It isn't. Believe me if you think I wanted to pick a bone with you, you'd already have an official warning.

I don't expect you to agree, or approve of my methods. I just think this whole idea that everything suddenly has to turn into a DMC vs DmC battle is ridiculous. Members here are turning most threads into just that and it derails those threads.

There's my fight, Bazilican.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'd save the Hunter though. I thought that looked cool, as well as one othe two actually decent boss fights, the other one being Vergil.
I'd say Hunter was good, but he can use more moves. So I really want next DMC to treat bosses with more attention and do like Ninja Gaiden done it. (not third one )

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
and a lousy one at that. But I admit my out of line comment, so I apalogize for that.

There's only so much that can be done, really. Unfortunately when it concerns these differences of opinion there will always be arguments/disagreements. Sorry if you don't personally feel like enough is being done about it. Aside from warning members, locking threads or reminding members that not everything needs to revolve around DMC-DmC, there isn't much else that can be done.

Don't worry about it. It wasn't my intention to seem like I was victimizing you. So my apologies too.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Personally, I'd prefer a Wii U version, not only because I'm a Nintendo boy at heart, but because really, Capcom needs to realize out of all the first party companies, Nintendo are the ones who have been bringing the most success, with Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney, and letting Mega Man into Smash, even dedicating a whole month to Mega may, and the Wii U looks more capable than it's predecessors to meet the standards of a DMC game. It's the perfect opportunity, especially considering Platinum's success on the console means that it's a genre welcomed with open arms.

outoftheblue

Maybe we'll get more sword wielders! More half-breeds! Plus full breeds as angels.

Are you talking about Dmc? Then I have no problem with whatever they come up with, but I would very much appreciate them leaving the angels out of the DMC universe.
It has always been a human survival thing against demon invasion for me. That´s where Sparda came in as a champion and that´s where Dante is right now.
I hope to see a DMC5 soon and to be honest I too would like to see it unfold as a sequel. A post DMC2 sequel. With an postapocalyptic demon invaded world and having Dante breaking a sweat to follow in his father´s footsteps and saving the humans, maybe in alliance with some demon rebellion group.

Veloran

Are you talking about Dmc? Then I have no problem with whatever they come up with, but I would very much appreciate them leaving the angels out of the DMC universe.
It has always been a human survival thing against demon invasion for me. That´s where Sparda came in as a champion and that´s where Dante is right now.
I hope to see a DMC5 soon and to be honest I too would like to see it unfold as a sequel. A post DMC2 sequel. With an postapocalyptic demon invaded world and having Dante breaking a sweat to follow in his father´s footsteps and saving the humans, maybe in alliance with some demon rebellion group.
Angels wouldn't really work because Demonkind basically are angels, but I could see something like God trying to reset the universe as the next big antagonist.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
My headcanon for Devil May Cry when it came to the absence of other supernatural beings like angels and whatnot, is just simply that they don't give a sh!t about what happens to mankind. The god character and angels in this universe have just abandoned humanity.

outoftheblue

@Chancey289 Yes, that´s how I see it too. Humankind has been abandoned so completely, their Savior had to be a demon, because nothing else cared enough to interviene.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Savior was based on Sparda so of course he was demon. And humankind wasn't abandoned. Its just Sanctus wanted to become "saviour like Sparda was", so he released demons in the world to make himself one

outoftheblue

@Innsmouth
I was talking about the whole universe, , where humankind is left alone to fight off demon hordes. When I talked about the savior of Humankind I was refering to Sparda´s rebellion and his fight for humans against his own kind. There were no angels, no god, only a demon who thought humans were worth saving.

Top Bottom