• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interview with the Capcom and NT staff: "This is the same Dante - just younger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

No game-producer reveals the entire thing over night. And I am sure they still have alot to work on so they can't show everything, and they may even make some last minute changes before the game's release.

Patience is a virtue.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
Very true, but I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to reveal a little bit more just to cool the fires a bit.

About the interview itself though, I'm a bit happier knowing that this is basically the same Dante. I just hope he likes pizza and strawberry sundaes like the old Dante. Especially since I think it would make him interesting in that he's a rebel/outlaw type, but still enjoys the simple things. I also hope he gets his red coat.

Asmodaius

It's not that long time ago the first trailer was released. There's only been like a week or so. You could go do something else for a month, then come back and see the news update, then the wait won't seem so long. ^^

Cuervo

Asmodaius;276583 said:
It's not that long time ago the first trailer was released. There's only been like a week or so. You could go do something else for a month, then come back and see the news update, then the wait won't seem so long. ^^

I agree.

Like the team has said, they are in phase 1 of the creation process. This most likely means that they have the visual look and story established.

This won't be finished until early 2012 at least, IMO. We're not going to be told everything at once! We'll have to wait. :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Personally, it sounds like there are 'too many chefs in the kitchen'.

I hate the wait and see stuff too... I'll only really be happy when i see the finished version...

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
Looks like there's going to be a big character change on dante in plot of the game.It's kind of promising in storywise but the gameplay is still a big mystery...

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Nice interview, it sounds very promising. Like everyone else I hate waiting but what can ya do? I'm sure it won't be released for another couple years at most. I'm looking forward to it!

VirgilTheart

Very big fan of character development and great plots, so this interview sounds quite promising. :) Let's just hope that a lot of effort is put into the gameplay too, though. ^_^

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Okay...so that IS supposed to be the SAME Dante...just younger? But wait, he smokes? He smokes before age 19??? DMC3 Dante was 18/19. That's a perfect message to send out to the majority of teenage gamers. "Our main character is a non-adult smoker"

Also...to point out that his hair (yes...I'm still bothered by the hair...say I have OCD, I don't care) is brown/black with a white patch because he has not matured or something is stupid...his father had white hair. It should be hereditary at birth, not something that changes over time. Have you ever seen someone with brown hair grow platinum-blonde hair? Noooo.

This better be one helluva good reimagining, because that interview just dropped my expectations on a game that I was slowly managing to get excited for.

Ugh.

Asmodaius

BlueDevil;276655 said:
Okay...so that IS supposed to be the SAME Dante...just younger? But wait, he smokes? He smokes before age 19??? DMC3 Dante was 18/19. That's a perfect message to send out to the majority of teenage gamers. "Our main character is a non-adult smoker"

Also...to point out that his hair (yes...I'm still bothered by the hair...say I have OCD, I don't care) is brown/black with a white patch because he has not matured or something is stupid...his father had white hair. It should be hereditary at birth, not something that changes over time. Have you ever seen someone with brown hair grow platinum-blonde hair? Noooo.

This better be one helluva good reimagining, because that interview just dropped my expectations on a game that I was slowly managing to get excited for.

Ugh.

Yes, this Dante smokes, and yes, he is a teenager. Why does everything have to be so politically correct? Alot of youngsters drink and smoke and do drugs (did I just say "youngsters"? Damn, I feel old...) and so on, because they want to be cool or have some issues of some sort - Dante reflects that in this DmC! He obviously has some issues and problems, and thus he's attending to smoking... The message from this trailer is not that he is a cool teen who smokes, but that he is a troubled boy with issues.

I don't say that smoking is a good thing, on a contrary, I am a non-smoker myself, but it's part of his character.

You want a white-haired guy with a huge sword and guns to kick some demon butt - but a patch of white hair in his otherwise black hair seems unrealistic to you? I don't get it...

moseslmpg

Seems like not even Capcom knows what is going on with this game. it is a reboot, but actually, it is a prequel, so it isn't a reboot? It is an origin story before DMC3's origin story?

Tameem admitted Dante was what defined the series, but then said he had to be changed anyway? But actually he sort of stays the same, even though they changed him?

And Itsuno was really nice to reassure us with the "we don't know how this game will turn out." Well who does? Aren't these people making the game? VB is right, there are too many chefs in the kitchen.

This interview is comprised almost entirely of fail. The only non-fail part is the interviewer.

Edit: Asmo, yes it is unrealistic for black hair to change white. Even for a guy who hunts demons in a red leather jacket. The only explanation is that he dyes it, but that is a stupid idea since I don't see when he would have the time to go to the salon and get his hair, eyebrows and eyelashes done. The only real question that remains is: does the carpet match the drapes? Only time will tell.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I'm not saying that the patch of white is unrealistic. I'm saying that I find it...for lack of a better word...wrong that it would start that way, if they are going with the normal story. They said it was a reimagining, but it seems as though they're keeping elements from the main story at the same time, so if his father is (I'm not saying he is) Sparda in this one too...the SAME Sparda from the originals...you know...with White hair, one would think that the color would be hereditary, and carry over.

Like I said, you don't see people with brown hair going platinum-blonde all of the sudden.

But this also brings up my other point...it won't annoy me if this is a DECENT reimagining. I mean, I doubt they'll really tick me off with the hair in the end, because they're changing so many other things that it's becoming its own game, but for now...with the LIMITED info that they're giving us, which allows us to be more OPEN minded about the game, I have my reasons to complain.

Like I said...I'm a tad OCD about these things.

As for the whole smoking issue, it's obvious that that discussion will achieve nothing for either of us, so let us just agree to disagree :]

I DO want to play this...I'm just pointing out that if they're trying to tie this in with the other 4 games, there are already a couple of small issues that annoy me.

EDIT: Thank you moses...that is, in a super nutshell, what I was trying to say about the hair x_X'

Asmodaius

moseslmpg;276669 said:
Seems like not even Capcom knows what is going on with this game. it is a reboot, but actually, it is a prequel, so it isn't a reboot? It is an origin story before DMC3's origin story?

Tameem admitted Dante was what defined the series, but then said he had to be changed anyway? But actually he sort of stays the same, even though they changed him?

And Itsuno was really nice to reassure us with the "we don't know how this game will turn out." Well who does? Aren't these people making the game? VB is right, there are too many chefs in the kitchen.

This interview is comprised almost entirely of fail. The only non-fail part is the interviewer.

Edit: Asmo, yes it is unrealistic for black hair to change white. Even for a guy who hunts demons in a red leather jacket. The only explanation is that he dyes it, but that is a stupid idea since I don't see when he would have the time to go to the salon and get his hair, eyebrows and eyelashes done. The only real question that remains is: does the carpet match the drapes? Only time will tell.

I'm not sure what it is you don't understand.

It is a Dante younger than what he has appeared before in past games and it is explaining his origins. However, it is a re-envisioned version of the whole Devil May Cry world and Dante's story. That doesn't mean that everything has to be different from what it used to be, but rather that this is a story told by a new author with his visions and ideas of how the story should be told.

And when a gaming company says something like "we don't know where this is headed" it usually means that there can be changes along the way that they didn't expect from the start. It is a work in progress. Like an artist making a painting. They have an idea of how it should be like, but things can happen underway which twists their original concept.

And... that reply you made for me just had my mind go places I don't want to officially post on this forum. ;3

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Asmodaius;276672 said:
And... that reply you made for me just had my mind go places I don't want to officially post on this forum. ;3

Bahaha, such a dark place we would all go, eh?

Anyway...I'll be happy once we see gameplay. Show me a clip of this dude kicking butt in the game, and NT and Capcom will win some Brownie Points from me.

Asmodaius

BlueDevil;276673 said:
Bahaha, such a dark place we would all go, eh?

Anyway...I'll be happy once we see gameplay. Show me a clip of this dude kicking butt in the game, and NT and Capcom will win some Brownie Points from me.

You said it, bro. ;P

moseslmpg

Asmodaius;276672 said:
I'm not sure what it is you don't understand.
Because i just read what was in the interview,which contradicts regular logic.
It is a Dante younger than what he has appeared before in past games and it is explaining his origins. However, it is a re-envisioned version of the whole Devil May Cry world and Dante's story. That doesn't mean that everything has to be different from what it used to be, but rather that this is a story told by a new author with his visions and ideas of how the story should be told.
Before they said it was a reboot, now they are basically saying it is a prequel. Well it can't be both. If this is our Dante, the real one, it is a prequel and it fits into the canon before DMC3. If it is a reboot, this is its own canon and is not related to the real Dante. They are giving mixed messages.
And when a gaming company says something like "we don't know where this is headed" it usually means that there can be changes along the way that they didn't expect from the start. It is a work in progress. Like an artist making a painting. They have an idea of how it should be like, but things can happen underway which twists their original concept.
He said they didn't know how it would turn out, which indicates to me that either he does not trust in the competence of the people making the game or they do not have a full vision of what the game will be, and both of those options are discomforting. Either that or he means he doesn't know how it will be received, but that sounds dangerously close to caring about fans rather than simply about money so it can't be the case.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that all of his extra costumes should involve more creative ways to conceal his body rather than reveal it. Please, for the love of keeping food down, do not give him a shirtless costume, Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom