• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could rule the humans

Would you control the humans?

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

EllDawn

I wouldn't want to rule. Too many people annoy me all ready, why would I want to put myself in a position where I have to deal with even more idiots all the time? If they were going to destroy themselves, I'd probably let them.

seraphmaycry

As for pop music, I think what I don't like is the culture and fakeness surrounding it.
It's like brainwashing with music; and then these 'pop stars' become like idols or gods to impressionable children and teenagers who waste their money on whatever these pop stars promote, be it their clothing line, perfume or anything these people are photographed with.

But I think this thing with copying pop stars is to do with the need to fit in and be accepted, and what better way to do in than to emulate people who are shown as beautiful in the media.

Plus it creates a culture of shallow, materialistic, body image insecure teenagers who will be like that as adults and then they become unhappy and depressed.

THAT is what i call poor ideas for a civilazation I HATE U POP CULTURE

oh and you forget it promotes marrying into a rich family which never works and ruins many many lives because people never bother getting educated

and it of course promoted the idea of WOOOO SEX 24/7 WHAT ELSE WO WE NEED? WOOOOOOOOO PARTA

(and getting horribly drunk)

Angelo Moreira

Vergil_Angelo
probably not.I mean I know theres good ppl and bad ppl by nature but thats just a small part of all of us most ppl lack emphaty and a mind of their own so they need education, exemples of leaders or religion to know whats right from wrong.my points is we should let ppl learn from eatch other and not having one mind decide whats best for evryone...good ppl always suffer this way but we should learn from our mistakes they are part of what make us who we are =')

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
most ppl lack emphaty and a mind of their own so they need education, exemples of leaders or religion to know whats right from wrong.
Good point. People are taught how to act. Being polite is taught and not innate. Shame and conscience are also taught. Before the age of 3 (I think) children can lie without the feeling of guilt. It's not until parents tell them it is wrong that a child will associate a negative feeling with lying and not want to lie.

And a conscience is basically knowing the consiqences of doing actions that society deem to be bad.

It's almost worrying in a way that without teaching and social conditioning to be honest and consider the feelings of others, that people can be liars without conscience.

It's the same with other bad crimes. They are crimes with punishments because without the punishment consequence, humans would be more likely to kill and hurt. The worrying thing is, there have been tests done where people were asked if they could commit a crime, but get away with it and have no punishment, would they do it? Quite a few answered 'yes'. :O

And let's face it; from a practical standpoint, if eveyone was able to commit crime and do what they wanted, society as we know it would collapse.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Good point. People are taught how to act. Being polite is taught and not innate. Shame and conscience are also taught. Before the age of 3 (I think) children can lie without the feeling of guilt. It's not until parents tell them it is wrong that a child will associate a negative feeling with lying and not want to lie.

And a conscience is basically knowing the consiqences of doing actions that society deem to be bad.

It's almost worrying in a way that without teaching and social conditioning to be honest and consider the feelings of others, that people can be liars without conscience.

It's the same with other bad crimes. They are crimes with punishments because without the punishment consequence, humans would be more likely to kill and hurt. The worrying thing is, there have been tests done where people were asked if they could commit a crime, but get away with it and have no punishment, would they do it? Quite a few answered 'yes'. :O

And let's face it; from a practical standpoint, if eveyone was able to commit crime and do what they wanted, society as we know it would collapse.
People can have terrible instincts indeed. It takes a lot of education to learn how to hold them in check.
Sometimesf, when someone made me very angry, I imagned myself punching the f***er repeatedly, and I was a moment away from really hitting the guy. I was scared of myself, I've never been an aggressive person, but here the instinct was.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
People can have terrible instincts indeed. It takes a lot of education to learn how to hold them in check.
Sometimesf, when someone made me very angry, I imagned myself punching the f***er repeatedly, and I was a moment away from really hitting the guy. I was scared of myself, I've never been an aggressive person, but here the instinct was.
That's the thing. As people we like to think we are the pinnacle of evolution, of thinking, creating, art, industry and science.
But put a weapon in a person's hand and they would use it, to defend themselves from others, or to kill for fun, or for war.

Inside, people aren't what they think they are. All this civilisation is just a mask for the greed, violence and anger that has to be held back by social conditioning, teaching, laws and punishment.

Everyone has dark thoughts of wanting to hurt others, but it's balanced by being taught kindess, compassion and regard for the feelings of others. At least that's one good thing. Humans have the capacity to reason and try to suppress those instincts that cause harm.

But it's still scary to think that those sort of violent feelings are there, even if they are hidden well.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
All this talk about controlling instincts makes me think about the Equilibrium movie, where humans suppressed their emotions so that they could be ruled only by reason and finally live in peace. But they forgot that compassion, although a sentiment, is a positive one, and so they built a dystopian society instead of a utopian one.

Btw, I had this idea in mind, that in an eventual DmC2 angels could come down on Earth and establish a similar society. Then Dante would have to fight them too, because emotions and feelings make us humans, even if they can become dangerous.
The message would be that human flourishing could be realized only if emotions and reason mitigate each other.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I would enslave all of mankind, then find and seek out the greatest writers, game programers, the team at Capcom JP and NT...and force them to make a DMC5.

Then after that I would vanish...

Top Bottom