• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could rule the humans

Would you control the humans?

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Good point! I'm not sure where helping others becomes helping yourself. I guess it's a case of 'needs of many are greater than needs of a few'. I've heard that being said to justify that situation.

As for doing it again. If it can be done once by justifying it with 'needs of many are greater than need of a few' then maybe they would do it again with the same reason?

And then it is back to being on a slippery slope:p

Regardless of what you choose to do, morale or no, you'll be criticized for it. "You had the power, why didn't you do what needed to be done?" or "He's a monster that sacrifices lives for his cause on a whim"

As LysseC says, it's a complicated, nothing can ever be as simple as black or white in terms of morality.

And hell this is a discussion based on the event that you're wanting to do what's GOOD for everybody.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Hmm. I'd give them a DMC5.
Then your job as ruler is to talk some sense to Capcom and make them pull the finger out of their butts.:p

Regardless of what you choose to do, morale or no, you'll be criticized for it. "You had the power, why didn't you do what needed to be done?" or "He's a monster that sacrifices lives for his cause on a whim"Either way, someone will be upset.

As LysseC says, it's a complicated, nothing can ever be as simple as black or white in terms of morality.It is complicated and has moral shades of grey too.

And hell this is a discussion based on the event that you're wanting to do what's GOOD for everybody.
I'd say it is impossible to do good for everyone.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
my leadership isn't complete without this of course
35r22g.jpg

Onecrazymonkey1

I really love toy story but now I'm officially creeped out.:ermm:

Why would I even want to save humanity in the first place just so they can bask in their ignorance and behave like lobotomized infants throwing dangerous temper tantrums? (who am I kidding, it sounds like LA already). Any who If I did rescue the lab rats I would feel the weight of all the destruction I caused put on my shoulders and would have to rule them. I don't really think I could sail off into the sunset from a post apocalyptic setting I caused, sip a piña colada and then pat myself on the back like I did a good job. I have had some great practice with the sims 2 after all so I think I would be able to handle it, besides I haven't accidentally killed a sim in a while. In all seriousness though, after I felt they were intelligent enough to handle themselves (probably never) I would bow out from the picture. In all reality I prefer to keep to myself and don't want that kind of spotlight put on me....which is why I wouldn't try to save them in the first place.

So yeah if I got drunk enough to think saving the human race would be a good idea I would rule.....otherwise I'd let them burn.

I'm sorry if that's mean, please don't judge me!

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
charming real charming i would control humans just to kill the annoying people and trust me there's quite a few but then there wouldn't be any time left to do anything fun like play devil may cry.
Actually that's because in sims I never give a damn about anyone all I wanna do is to get my sims married lol

Top Bottom