• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could rule the humans

Would you control the humans?

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

berto

I Saw the Devil
If you could be like Mundus and rule/control the humans, how would you do it? Would you even want to control the humans?

As for me, I wouldn't want to control humans. It's too much work. It's like playing The Sims games or SimCity but not being able to turn the game off.:p
Plus I don't like the idea that I'm controlling people in secret.
'The Humans?' What are you a Vampire or a moppet?

No, I would not rule 'the humans' because once they found out 'they' are been ruled 'they' would throw a hissy fit and try to take me out.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
'The Humans?' What are you a Vampire or a moppet?
I wish I was a vampire....sometimes:lol: Not sure what a moppet is though.>_<
I was doing the topic more from the perspective of Mundus, Dante and Vergil...so I guess that's why I put 'the humans'. Thinking about it, I guess it does sound weird. :p

No, I would not rule 'the humans' because once they found out 'they' are been ruled 'they' would throw a hissy fit and try to take me out.
But if they didn't find out you'd be fine. I get where you're coming from though. No point in risking an uprising. ;)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The scenario is assuming you're in Dante/Vergil's shoes, to what extent you're in their shoes is left to you. Some choose to assume the scenario meaning if you were nephilim.
Yeah that's what I meant when making the topic. I guess I didn't convey that well enough though>_<

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Yeah that's what I meant when making the topic. I guess I didn't convey that well enough though>_<

I don't think it's a bad idea to leave some room for personal interpretation, although i don't think the scenario really works if you're simply human.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I don't think it's a bad idea to leave some room for personal interpretation, although i don't think the scenario really works if you're simply human.
Yeah, it wouldn't. You must put yourself in Vergil/Dante/Mundus' perspective.
This made me think, btw, that there is a great difference between having the power of controlling mankind, and having the wisdom to use this power for doing what's good for mankind. Probably being a nephilim gives you the power, but it not sure that this automatically gives you the wisdom... And that's the problem we were talking about before.
Just a little (and semi-pointless) precisation that crossed my mind...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah, it wouldn't. You must put yourself in Vergil/Dante/Mundus' perspective.
This made me think, btw, that there is a great difference between having the power of controlling mankind, and having the wisdom to use this power for doing what's good for mankind. Probably being a nephilim gives you the power, but it not sure that this automatically gives you the wisdom... And that's the problem we were talking about before.
Just a little (and semi-poitless) precisation that crossed my mind...
Like a sense of just because you have power does not mean you know how to use it well.

It's like being very physically strong, but you also have to be strong mentally to know when it is the right time to use that strength.

As seen with Dante and Vergil, they are both nephilim, they have power, but they both have different ideas for how to rule mankind.

LysseC

Like a sense of just because you have power does not mean you know how to use it well.

It's like being very physically strong, but you also have to be strong mentally to know when it is the right time to use that strength.

As seen with Dante and Vergil, they are both nephilim, they have power, but they both have different ideas for how to rule mankind.
Exactly.
So my question is: does responsibility come from power, or from "wisdom" (in the sense i used it before)?
...Mh. I'd say it comes from power, and it asks for wisdom. In the sense that since you have power, you have a moral responsibility to learn how to use it well.
...Unless being nephilim comes with superior wisdom... But it wouldn't seem so, or else Dante and Vergil wouldn't have been in disaccord.

Terrutas

...So what you guys are saying that THIS:

d0e.gif

Would be your new world order? Welp. Time to organise the resistance!
http://puu.sh/2EWeF

Friendly warning, try to turn down the volume as quickly as you can.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Exactly....Unless being nephilim comes with superior wisdom... But it wouldn't seem so, or else Dante and Vergil wouldn't have been in disaccord.

Vergil doesn't seem to think so, he comes across as thinking humans are mindless next to nephilim and it's that arrogance and his little bitch fit regarding Dante's fondess for humanity over the achivement of his goals leads me to believe he'd eventually make that dive down the slippery slope.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
If I ruled humanity...either 1) the world wouldn't know it (cuz I don't like to go outside, so they'd never see me and I'd be absolutely clueless as to wtf my subjects were doing with their lives) or 2) the world would explode (because I don't like to go outside and I'd be clueless about wtf my subjects were doing). Eitherway...doom. Lots and lots of doom I forsee in my rule.

LysseC

Vergil doesn't seem to think so, he comes across as thinking humans are mindless next to nephilim and it's that arrogance and his little bitch fit regarding Dante's fondess for humanity over the achivement of his goals leads me to believe he'd eventually make that dive down the slippery slope.
Yes, you are right. Vergil does have this tendency of thinking he is superior in wisdom, and this could be the cause of his slip. (Let us just ignore the outcome of his fight with Dante, for simplicity)
This is what NT tries to convey. I would personally like to see him come to see his mistake, in time. That's because I am a fan of him, but I would have really found it challenging for us to see such a character. It would have been less common than the usual "I want the best for mankind but take the wrong steps in searching for it" villain...

Onecrazymonkey1

Totally NOT judging you, but... Woah! That was pretty harsh! Never seen you so angry before... :ermm: *is worried for you*
However, There are times in which I really understand what you feel..

I've had a bad day don't worry, plus I would definitely save people from the DMC/DmC board! I was also being facetious through most of the post lol.

But regardless of power or wisdom and responsibility etc. human beings need direction or else there would be complete anarchy. Even if people have the option to vote instead of having a dictator there is never complete freedom to do what you want. There are always rules in place as there should be. At the end of DmC there is no one to control, not a dictatorship or democracy from the way I understand it and that's dangerous.

one crazy monkey is now one angry monkey
This party is getting Crazzzzy!

LysseC

I've had a bad day don't worry,
Oh, I'm sorry! :(

plus I would definitely save people from the DMC/DmC board! I was also being facetious through most of the post lol.
Gee, thanks! :p

But regardless of power or wisdom and responsibility etc. human beings need direction or else there would be complete anarchy. Even if people have the option to vote instead of having a dictator there is never complete freedom to do what you want. There are always rules in place as there should be. At the end of DmC there is no one to control, not a dictatorship or democracy from the way I understand it and that's dangerous.
And... agreed. ...Like always. :p

This party is getting Crazzzzy!
LETS ROCK!! :troll:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If I ruled humanity...either 1) the world wouldn't know it (cuz I don't like to go outside, so they'd never see me and I'd be absolutely clueless as to wtf my subjects were doing with their lives)
Be like Mundus and get security cameras and TV screens where you live. Then you can see what happens.^_^
or 2) the world would explode (because I don't like to go outside and I'd be clueless about wtf my subjects were doing). Eitherway...doom. Lots and lots of doom I forsee in my rule.
For me it would be accidental doom:blush: Kinda like playing SimCity and it all goes wrong very quickly.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
like when a meteor hits an you realize you don't have enough fire stations.... or a nuclear meltdown :(
Yes, that sort of situation!:p

Just thought. If you guys were like Dante, Vergil or Mundus and people were protesting and complaining in a big way, how would you deal with it?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
For me it would be accidental doom:blush: Kinda like playing SimCity and it all goes wrong very quickly.

Hmm...cameras could, work...then I could hire someone to watch them and keep an eye on things while I wrote and gamed and played fetch with the cat. *starting to warm up to the idea*
Ah. XP That would be why I don't play SimCity anymore. >_>

Just thought. If you guys were like Dante, Vergil or Mundus and people were protesting and complaining in a big way, how would you deal with it?

Not my actual strategy, but bribing people free cookies and candy and food seems to solve a lot of problems with people...just sayin'. *innocent face* >_>

Top Bottom