• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

if there is a DMC 5 proper by capcom....

The Final Offer

Ah, the one in Nocturne then. A cocky, yet still quiet badass who appreciates subtlety (from time to time).

You're right, it never existed in the games themselves. Maybe in SMT3: Nocturne, but not within official canon.

The others are newbs and don't know much of anything about Dante like us. :D

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
How is his DMC3 form his 'original' form?
It's the Dante most people reference when they describe Dante in his "definitive state"...not to mention the fact that it was the one utilized for both versions of MvC3.
Anyway still beats DmC Dante in my opinion.
Weren't we talking about the old series? Wasn't that the whole point of this thread...a sequel to the original chronology? That was my assumption. Don't see where DmC comes into all this.
I agree with the rest of what you said. Except for the assumption that all fanfiction is bad, that is.
My mistake. I meant bad fanfiction-esque plots. If I at anytime implied that all fanfiction was bad, I sincerely apologize. There does exist good fanfiction.
Also, lol at the people saying they hated old Dante. If you hated him then why did you even play the games? I assume the only Dante you sort of like is DMC1 Dante, but then... again, why play DMC2, 3 and 4? Makes no sense.
So...wait.
If I don't like the main character, I shouldn't be able to play and enjoy the games? Well, gee...I suppose that's the ONLY reason anybody picks up a Devil May Cry game, isn't it....because of their insatiable love for Dante? It's not like any of us plays the game for, I dunno...the GAMEPLAY or anything.

And whoever heard of people enjoying a game, despite hating the main character? I guess people who played games like Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Rising, despite harboring some distaste for the lead character, must be absolutely insane. Why are they even playing the game?

Let me whisper a revelation to you, so grab onto your bedpost and don't waste this magic moment:

There are people...out there....who like Devil May Cry...but....GASP...don't like Dante.

I know...you're probably picking up the remnants of your brain from the ground. It truly is a mind-blowning secret that's impossible to comprehend...just think of the agonizing seconds of intuitive thinking and common sense that took to uncover.

Meg

This whole thread got so off topic so fast; I forgot what it was supposed to be about. I had to go back and reread the OP. :cautious:

THAT SAID! I think Capcom will go back to Dante. I'm sure Nero will play a supporting role. I think a nice way to do it is to either give Dante 13-15 missions and Nero 5-7 (basically, the opposite of DMC4). Or have Nero be purely an NPC in the main story, but have him be playable in Bloody Palace. And maybe even give him a 5-ish mission ministry of his own. (Like with Vergil's Downfall.)

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Already said, but yeah: 1's/Nocturnes' Dante Personality, 2's Dante Design, 4's Combat, and 3's Weapon Verity.
DmC sold 800k copies in the time it should've sold 2.2 million... at least I think it was 2.2 million.
You where close, Capcom's Original Sales Estimate was made in May 2012 with 2.0 Million Shipped Units. Later (Supposedly before DmC's Launch, on December 2012) they had revised said Estimate to 1.2 Million Shipped, and has clamed they Shipped 1.15 Million during said Fiscal timeframe. (No Idea how PC/Digital did.)

Dantenevercries

what do you mean BS...are you guys serious

DMC 4 combat system with Dante is probably the most in depth combat system in character action games..

DmC is good but its not as good as 4....

you guys saying "bullsh*t" lol tells you never played DMC 4

Top Bottom