• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

if there is a DMC 5 proper by capcom....

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Tim's Australian, mate.
Don't insult the scottish. There are many scottish actors who pull off awesome american accents (dude from xmen). Tim is too much of a newb though (sorry Timmy!) He didn't do his country proud.

+ I'd wager Tameem was looking at Dante art on a fan girl site. Gay cowboy....yep...I've seen it. I wouldn't call it gay but....yep. he was looking in the wrong corner of google.
Oh my bad, australian. Only briefly heard him talk normally and it was for one of the bts interviews, probably should have just looked it up
How did you misinterpret what I just said TOO!?

How!?

You took the example of the differences of visuals the wrong way.
You took what the PR said the wrong way.
You took the interviews ABOUT THE COMBAT the wrong way.
You took what Final Offer had to say to you the wrong way.
I took a glance at your posting history and did a ctrl+f for the words "misinterpret" and the phrase "didn't read my post"

have you ever considered that everyone else can read just fine, and it's you that are the problem?

Lambs.

So, because Tameem and whomever else organized that discussion posted pictures of Anime Dante in Western culture and made great examples as to why he doesn't suit the theme they are going for. You are claiming he's talking trash about Dante's character design? When Ninja Theory was PUSHING for designs that looked like the original and CAPCOM said no!

What's worse is that you're saying that gay is a negative thing? What does his sexuality have to do with anything? Dante could be bi or a virgin for all YOU TWO know. Insulting people who aren't straight? You're out of line, both of you.
you mean when ninja theory pushed for these designs? Yeah, they totally look just like the original. Wait, didn't I already link those exact two links, under this exact context?

Nah it's okay, it happens. You probably missed them while you were freaking the **** out because you thought we didn't read your posts. Also, if you have an issue with gay being used as an insult, take it up with tameem because he's the one who said it, not me.

Seriously though, you need to take like 10 deep breaths and just get off the computer for like a week, because you're hitting some sort of frenzy mode and it's pretty unattractive

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Aw...I was having a good morning as well.

Right, keep it nice or keep it off the boards, gaiz. Have to point out though that no one so far has been even remotely homophobic, so that accusation needs to stop now. Referencing external sources that may contain someone else's attitude towards homosexuality is not representative of the poster's views, just those of the interview they have cited.

So please try to keep it at least civil and now I have to go bleach my brain to get rid of the image of someone peeing bees for the rest of their life...

The Final Offer

They called Dante a gay cowboy! Let's flip the **** out.

Lol

What is this world coming to?

As for you Kam, you didn't listen nor did you read when Ninja Theory claimed to have over 100 designs for Dante.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
In the first article, two games are specifically named as reasons why capcom made no money: RE6 and DmC. Of the two games, only DmC was outsourced to a western developer. Ninja theory did such a terrible job, capcom literally lost faith in every studio that isn't in japan

Maybe they should have asked Croteam. "This party's getting seriously crazy."

The Final Offer

Also, if you have an issue with gay being used as an insult, take it up with tameem because he's the one who said it, not me.

You know why I quoted you already. I'm certain. But for the sake of keeping everything organized.

Referencing external sources that may contain someone else's attitude towards homosexuality is not representative of the poster's views, just those of the interview they have cited.

His **** talking our favorite character didn't stop there, he even went and released a pretty insulting series of pictures bashing on dante.

Calling dante a gay cowboy
(THIS^ is considered by Kam himself as BASHING DANTE. Take a moment, let the word "gay" sink in. Now let's think about the context. Now let's notice the next link and how Dante is yet again, standing next to men. He's not considered a gay fighter though or anything gay there. He's considered out of place...for the first time Kam sees what this entire showcase is all about and still STILL misses the point.)

Dante looks out of place and not cool
(Kam thinks Dante looks out of place and not cool. Therefore, it is bashing....because they didn't get his good side. )

Comparing dante to weeaboo cosplayers
(Kam considers cosplayers weeaboo.)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weaboo

He just keeps going
(Kam is so sensitive, he takes anything that has to do with Dante over the top. Funny, weaboo suits his behavior here.)

Seriously, an entire gallery of **** just like this
(Kam does not like this example of Ninja Theory's direction. Kam even forgot why this is being shown. Kam is angry and is throwing a tantrum. Should consider his own advice.)

Remember how tameem once mentioned they initially tried to make dante look like classic dante, and capcom threw the ideas out? Well in that same gallery was also their original dante designs.

He looks just like classic dante!
(Kam is so upset Ninja Theory didn't present all of their designs, he makes a sarcastic joke about what he could find.)
DMC3 dante didn't have a shirt either!
(Kam thinks that wearing no shirt is somehow trademarked to his boo Dante.)

Bear in mind, this was directly after a bunch of NT employees (not sure if tameem was one) basically said that old fans couldn't see past the hair color and they were stupid for it. Then they release this "classic dante" series of designs where literally the only similarities are his hair color. The hypocrisy was staggering.

In short, these are his views. The spread of false accusations is real people, it's even affecting the moderators.

How many people drunk off of Virility am I going to run into next!?​

Last edited:

The Final Offer

That, or electroshock therapy.

I mean, that's what I would've done at this point...

I'm beginning to think alot of people whom hate on DmC are getting nervous and are lashing out, because of the next game show (TGS) could reveal DmC 2 or nothing at all. It'd be hilarious if Ultimate DmC is the announcement.

Kam

They called Dante a gay cowboy! Let's flip the **** out.

Lol

What is this world coming to?

As for you Kam, you didn't listen nor did you read when Ninja Theory claimed to have over 100 designs for Dante.
Dude, I was at that conference. I was there on an expo pass and a buddy loaned me his full access pass for a few hours and I stopped by the panel. Every time they mentioned old dante, they had this sideways little sneer on their faces and they kept waiting for the audience to laugh, at one point his name was actually spoken in finger quotes, to imply that he wasn't even worthy of being a real character. They were beyond pleased with themselves for the brokeback mountain shop, accompanied with a comment to the lines of "we really wanted to avoid this" and another pause waiting for us to laugh.

Of the hundreds of designs for dante, the ones they highlighted were on display because they felt they were the truest ones to classic dante, and those are their words. Out of all those hundreds of designs, this and this were the ones they thought closest to what fans wanted.

The talk was supposed to be about building a world through art, but instead it was ninja theory making a bunch of gay jokes and bashing on everything that wasn't angsty teenage street punk culture. Even people who weren't familiar with DMC were insulted, though personally I just felt bad for the artists because they're obviously really good, but the ass clowns who speak for ninja theory were doing everything they could to give them a bad name.

But yeah, TL;DR you're so wrong that talking to you more would just feel like bullying you, and no amount of calling me a gay basher is going to restore any of your dignity. Ignored and out, peace

The Final Offer

Let me make up a story about going to GDC. Let me bring this up with my exit post. Haha!

This is what I imagined a gay bashing loser would do.

To make everything all the more fantastic, is that he links gamefaq. LMAO!

Kam

oh yeah, and since I've got this sneaking suspicion my credibility will be brought into question, I figured now was a good time to finally get around to uploading my GDC photos. Unfortunately I wasn't there as a tourist so I didn't take many, and the ones I did take were for fun, so sorry in advance that none of these pictures include me holding a timestamped post-it and a copy of my driver's license

You can go ahead and reverse image search any of this if you want, you aren't going to find anything because these have never been uploaded anywhere else until just now, I didn't even facebook them. I'm sure one of you will find a good reason to doubt them though; "those can't be real because you hate the gays".

But seriously, if he actually says that, please send me the screencaps. I've got him on ignore, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good laugh

Gallery

Last edited:

Kaim Argonar

You know I'm actually okay with Nero. Yes he needs a lot of fleshing out but he's okay. That being said, I would hope they go back to Dante as the lead while Nero being secondary to the plot. Also would like Dante to be more akin to DMC1/SMT Dante because he was my favorite.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dude, I was at that conference. I was there on an expo pass and a buddy loaned me his full access pass for a few hours and I stopped by the panel. Every time they mentioned old dante, they had this sideways little sneer on their faces and they kept waiting for the audience to laugh, at one point his name was actually spoken in finger quotes, to imply that he wasn't even worthy of being a real character. They were beyond pleased with themselves for the brokeback mountain shop, accompanied with a comment to the lines of "we really wanted to avoid this" and another pause waiting for us to laugh.

Of the hundreds of designs for dante, the ones they highlighted were on display because they felt they were the truest ones to classic dante, and those are their words. Out of all those hundreds of designs, this and this were the ones they thought closest to what fans wanted.

The talk was supposed to be about building a world through art, but instead it was ninja theory making a bunch of gay jokes and bashing on everything that wasn't angsty teenage street punk culture. Even people who weren't familiar with DMC were insulted, though personally I just felt bad for the artists because they're obviously really good, but the ass clowns who speak for ninja theory were doing everything they could to give them a bad name.

\
Can you show visible proof that you were actually there? If not I would assume you're talking nonsense and making up things to further back something up.

edit: nevermind saw it.
Still I could care less since I more or less feel the same way about Classic Dante.

Top Bottom