• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Hideki Kamiya would have stood in charge of devil may cry?

Would Hideki Kamiya made the Devil May Cry series better.

• Total voters

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Wait in DMC1 Trish said he lost a brother and a mother at the age of 8....

Have you ever considered that it could mean that Vergil walked out on him AFTER the death of their mother?

After all, it is implied in DMC3 that they haven't seen eachother since they where kids.

Maybe Vergil could have simply abandoned Dante in his quest for power and was never heard of from Dante until the events of DMC3.

If you ask me, that sounds just like something Vergil would do.

Agility

"Known"
Sorry but in DMC3 Dante says " It's been neraly a year since we last meant where did the time go" so that meant they most have meant a year before dmc3 which means they did see each other since they where kids.

In the novel they did. That was Gilver Vergil.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Sorry but in DMC3 Dante says " It's been neraly a year since we last meant where did the time go" so that meant they most have meant a year before dmc3 which means they did see each other since they where kids.

Oh, must have forgot that part lol.

Well maybe they could have meant in a "symbolic" way he lost his brother since the 2 never had a brotherly relationship after the death of their mother.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wait in DMC1 Trish said he lost a brother and a mother at the age of 8....unless if Vergil spent many years hiding from them until he was captured...or perhaps he went out to defeat Mundus himself and avenge their mother but lost and yeah..........Nelo Angelo.

The thing is Trish said the public knowledge version of how events went down. She was looking to gain Dante's trust so had she given out classified info, Dante's suspicion would have been arised.

By classified, I mean info that Dante doesn't want floating around. For example, the amount of people that knew Vergil and Arkham were behind DMC3 weren't many.

so it is possible vergil had some misadventures before getting caught by mundus and turned into nelo angelo.

Or even if Vergil was captured after the attack, i think mundus would have raised him like how Starkiller was raised in Star wars the force unleashed.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The thing is Trish said the public knowledge version of how events went down. She was looking to gain Dante's trust so had she given out classified info, Dante's suspicion would have been arised.

By classified, I mean info that Dante doesn't want floating around. For example, the amount of people that knew Vergil and Arkham were behind DMC3 weren't many.

so it is possible vergil had some misadventures before getting caught by mundus and turned into nelo angelo.

Or even if Vergil was captured after the attack, i think mundus would have raised him like how Starkiller was raised in Star wars the force unleashed.

Yeah but Starkiller was never turned into a mindless minion or raising Vergil was too hard so he had to wipe his conscious I guess.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yeah but Starkiller was never turned into a mindless minion or raising Vergil was too hard so he had to wipe his conscious I guess.
their is the dark side ending for the games that says that he did.

But their is no evidence to say that vergil getting mindwiped as a child.
For all we know he got mindwiped as a adult.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
their is the dark side ending for the games that says that he did.

But their is no evidence to say that vergil getting mindwiped as a child.
For all we know he got mindwiped as a adult.
Heh.....whatever.....its a thing of the past....since it seems Vergil unlocked his Devil powers before Dante did(Capcom never gave when he unlocked his DT) so its still possible for Capcom to make a Vergil game that takes place before DMC3 but in Capcom's position I say nah.....anything that doesn't have Dante and if not Dante....Nero in it(as the central playable character) sounds like DLC to Capcom.

People are always talking about having a Vergil or Sparda game but they don't know what they're asking for....to develop a good game it takes time and by Capcom's lazy asses...3-4 years(now 2.5 years) which can obscure from them making any other game that furthers the game's plot and story but just goes back to explain something or fanservice and people have to pay $40-$60(well.......when I first saw DMC4 not so long after its release it was like $25) but instead with DLC we can still get fanservice save Capcom development time for meaningful DMC games and even if its small or short it'll be like $10.....maybe more if companies are feeling well cheap....but if done right can be worthwhile and people have to know this.....DLC is optional....even disk locked content(though cheap and evil its still an option).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Heh.....whatever.....its a thing of the past....since it seems Vergil unlocked his Devil powers before Dante did(Capcom never gave when he unlocked his DT) so its still possible for Capcom to make a Vergil game that takes place before DMC3 but in Capcom's position I say nah.....anything that doesn't have Dante and if not Dante....Nero in it(as the central playable character) sounds like DLC to Capcom.

People are always talking about having a Vergil or Sparda game but they don't know what they're asking for....to develop a good game it takes time and by Capcom's lazy asses...3-4 years(now 2.5 years) which can obscure from them making any other game that furthers the game's plot and story but just goes back to explain something or fanservice and people have to pay $40-$60(well.......when I first saw DMC4 not so long after its release it was like $25) but instead with DLC we can still get fanservice save Capcom development time for meaningful DMC games and even if its small or short it'll be like $10.....maybe more if companies are feeling well cheap....but if done right can be worthwhile and people have to know this.....DLC is optional....even disk locked content(though cheap and evil its still an option).

I think Vergil is a easier sell to the fandom since people tend to like more than Nero who is 50/50 to say the least.

Blame DMC4 for that as they could have done a better job of presenting him to the masses. I think It might be too soon for him to have his own spinoff so I would just regulate him to a supporting role like Raiden in mgs4 and then see how people like him.

Or just give his own anime.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Raiden did basically have his own game because in mgs 2 you play one stage for snake and the rest of the game with raiden. People didn't like him at first but when the series went on everyone thought he was a bad ass which he is lol. But I believe that won't be the same situation with Nero I just wouldn't give him his own game what do you think ?

I'd say give him some OVA's first, and then see how people feel about him. No one liked Nero cause he was the new guy and stole Dante's spotlight, but to me, he wasn't presented that well and had potential but was made wrong.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Raiden did basically have his own game because in mgs 2 you play one stage for snake and the rest of the game with raiden. People didn't like him at first but when the series went on everyone thought he was a bad ass which he is lol. But I believe that won't be the same situation with Nero I just wouldn't give him his own game what do you think ?

I think it depends on whether or not we can turn peoples opinion around on the character.

It was possible with Raiden, could be possible here.

First you gotta figure out why people disliked him in th first place.

But he's probably not gonna get his own solo feature for a while tho. I think Vergil is overdue for one so Nero is gonna be on the supprting character beat for a while.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think aspects of bayonetta might have been brought over or introduced to the series had kamiya stayed

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i think aspects of bayonetta might have been brought over or introduced to the series had kamiya stayed

Such as...???

Personally aspects of Bayonetta seemed to have came to Kamiya when he was making Bayonetta such as the torture moves, using her hair to summon demon limbs, guns on her shoes allowing for gun kick combos, and possibly 360 degree shooting. Can you imagine Dante doing any of those (maybe the 360 shooting)?...........maybe Trish.

If anything DMC would be more like Viewtiful Joe(or better) and maybe Okami(probably better).

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Seriously man, these so called "DMC fans" are ****ing off Kamiya asking stupid questions!
KTUNU.png
A0yaFWQCQAA2Hik2-1.jpg

W3XCo.png
<This :lol:

Top Bottom