• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Hideki Kamiya would have stood in charge of devil may cry?

Would Hideki Kamiya made the Devil May Cry series better.

• Total voters

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Kamiya's a pretty proud guy, and his integrity probably wouldn't let him mix his great work with the work of the same company that stole what was his in the first place and changed it.

The thing is, they never really "stole" anything from him, DMC was always owned by Capcom to begin with.

He was merely just a guy who worked for Capcom who happened to turn what was meant to be RE4 into a popular series.

He hasn't even spoken out against the series until now which obviously means he wasn't to against what Capcom was doing with DMC2,DMC3,and DMC4.

It wasn't until DmC was revealed that he started to show regret for not being in charge of the series.

And why wouldn't he use DMC3?

it IS the most popular entry to the series he created.

Kamiya really doesn't strike me as the guy to ignore something that could be used to make his work even better out of sheer pride, especially something that moved the series he created to a higher level.

You make it sound as if he is a headstrong guy who would poop on and disregard other games simply because he did not make them which isn't the case.

I'm sure he would be perfectly willing to take cues from DMC3 if he felt it would make a better DMC game.

After all, as I said, it is generally believed the DMC3 brought the series he created higher rather than lower.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
"No, the game was better without him." Say what? Is that even a statement? OF COURSE he is the creator of all Devil May Cry series except that little emo kid who tries to copy exactly like the REAL Dante! Hideki Kamiya shouldn't have let Ninja Theory interrupt Kamiya's game and reboot the entire series! :'(

Agility

"Known"
"No, the game was better without him." Say what? Is that even a statement? OF COURSE he is the creator of all Devil May Cry series except that little emo kid who tries to copy exactly like the REAL Dante! Hideki Kamiya shouldn't have let Ninja Theory interrupt Kamiya's game and reboot the entire series! :'(

I don't think he's a copy of DMC Dante.

I mean, he's the ****ing Demon Killer Dante.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It was never his desition to make. The creation might be his and his team's but the ownership is Capcom's.

It's not really fair and out of all the game franchises DMC has the tragic fate of been handed to too many different people giving it a lack of contenuety. Each eteration is mearly another take on the work rather than a solid progretion.

Let me ask you something. You are aware that Kamiya and his team only worked on the original title right? Reading your statement it sounds as though you think that he is respincible for all of the titles in the franchise.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Seriously? Kamiya worked on DMC1 and that's it. He didn't have a say in it being rebooted. I see some still call him "emo" even though he's clearly got more life in him then an emo at all.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
According to a friend on the NT forums, Kamiya would have focused on other characters besides Dante for the other games.

So we would have got different versions of certain characters like Vergil or Nero. Storyline might have had more of a focus because kamiya is there to give it a direction.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That would have been better for the series picture Vergil having his own game that would be sweet.
You do know that......for the original DMC1 Vergil was supposed to have been captured and corrupted by the age of 8 rather than what happened to him in DMC3 so unless if Kamiya brought Vergil back with some form of dues ex machinima his only game would be him working for Mundus or something tragic.

Nero.........he'll probably be renamed Rodin or something.

But guessing by Bayonetta's storytelling.......I doubt it wouldn't be much better...or maybe it was just Bayonetta.....Okami appears to have the best writing out of all Kamiya's works...you can't take Viewtiful Joe seriously its just mindless entertainment meant to be enjoyed like South Park.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
so unless if Kamiya brought Vergil back with some form of dues ex machinima his only game would be him working for Mundus or something tragic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Vergil ever CONFIRMED to be dead after his last battle with Dante?

All I remember is him screaming and disappearing after the fight.

It was never confirmed that he was dead or not after DMC1 If I remember correctly.

So if Kamiya was still in charge he could have easily made a sequel to DMC1 staring Vergil who by then would not be under the control of Mundus since Dante defeated him.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Vergil ever CONFIRMED to be dead after his last battle with Dante?

All I remember is him screaming and disappearing after the fight.

It was never confirmed that he was dead or not after DMC1 If I remember correctly.

So if Kamiya was still in charge he could have easily made a sequel to DMC1 staring Vergil who by then would not be under the control of Mundus since Dante defeated him.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

I'm sorry I figured a guy bursting into flames and the sad tone set after Dante realized he just fought and slayed his own brother was enough to convince many Nelo Angelo died during the battle.

Besides its like the butterfly effect...you don't know whats going to happen.

I mean if Kamiya was still in charge of DMC he wouldn't have made games like Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and Bayonetta and sure those games were improvements of DMC(1) you can say but the concept and ideas that many says makes those games better than the DMC series weren't ideas he would've got if he still worked on DMC(like Okami's paint brush features or Bayonetta's torture attacks...okay maybe that one or Bayonetta's 360 shooting and her well unique and wicked combos unless if Kamiya turned Dante into Bayonetta or created someone like Bayonetta in DMC and made them playable...but those concepts he made for Bayonetta he got from making Bayonetta which wouldn't have happened if he still worked on DMC). He would still be working for the Resident Evil team and that would've conflicted with the Resident Evil and DMC schedule and I guess that is why Capcom gave RE & DMC to separate teams. Hell so even RE would've been affected by this...when considering how DMC would've ended up....its not just about DMC or Kamiya anymore you gotta put Capcom and its other titles into consideration.

Its not just how DMC would've been different its how Kamiya would've been different as well...Kamiya is kinda the way he is now due to all of the past events and things he went through as well as his works preceding DMC(1). But I do say this though I think if Kamiya was in charge DMC might've been a co-op or being able to switch characters like Viewtiful Joe. As for Okami outside its gameplay(which is obvious for a Hack n' Slash game...I think almost any hack n' slash beat em up hybrid game can be similar to DMC like God of War & Ninja Gaiden) I find nothing else similar between Okami and DMC.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok, look. Here are the facts. Kamiya was never going to get to direct his own sequels, Capcom had 'em there to make franchises, not to work on the projects he wanted. Kamiya now has no affiliation to Capcom and therefore no access to his previous works. Capcom no longer makes their own games, now they subcontract western developersfor any and all their franchises to increase production time.

Bottom line: It'd just not ganna happen. There are too many elements in place, all pushing against the tied. Even if Kamiya wanted it to happen it's just not looking good, even back on the development of DMC2 there was just no way Capcom was going to let him make the sequel. They're too money oriented.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm sorry I figured a guy bursting into flames and the sad tone set after Dante realized he just fought and slayed his own brother was enough to convince many Nelo Angelo died during the battle.

The him bursting into flames and disappearing proves nothing since him being able to "burst into flames and disappear" seems to be something he can do at will as shown in this video at 13:33

The only difference with his final battle against Dante is that he was obviously affected by the latest battle with Dante as evidenced by the removal of his helment so his "flaming and disappearing" act was more intense and emotional.

The sad music does not attribute to his supposed death since Dante has had to fight and defeat his brother 3 times now who was controlled by the King of Demons.

The situation was sad enough to warrant that sad music.

Doesn't mean that Dante killed his bro.

In fact, Dante's nonchalant attitude after the battle hints that he did not kill him since he did not seem all that broken up after having to slay his controlled brother.

All I was saying that nothing was set in stone at that moment.

Fans where merely left to think of how the true outcome of the battle played out and whether vergil was dead or just disappeared in anguish.

So him coming back after DMC1 would not be all that "Dues ex" since nothing regarding Vergil's death was confirmed after that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The him bursting into flames and disappearing proves nothing since him being able to "burst into flames and disappear" seems to be something he can do at will as shown in this video at 13:33

The only difference with his final battle against Dante is that he was obviously affected by the latest battle with Dante as evidenced by the removal of his helment so his "flaming and disappearing" act was more intense and emotional.

The sad music does not attribute to his supposed death since Dante has had to fight and defeat his brother 3 times now who was controlled by the King of Demons.

The situation was sad enough to warrant that sad music.

Doesn't mean that Dante killed his bro.

In fact, Dante's nonchalant attitude after the battle hints that he did not kill him since he did not seem all that broken up after having to slay his controlled brother.

All I was saying that nothing was set in stone at that moment.

Fans where merely left to think of how the true outcome of the battle played out and whether vergil was dead or just disappeared in anguish.

So him coming back after DMC1 would not be all that "Dues ex" since nothing regarding Vergil's death was confirmed after that.

Heh you might be right but if that was the case then why didn't Capcom or Hideki Itsuno just make a sequel with Vergil confirmed alive after DMC(1) rather than just kill him off and plus the island exploded if Vergil was still alive he would've been caught in it as well.

Plus why did after being beaten for the second time did Mundus declared Vergil was defeated(which can easily be interpreted as being killed)? If Vergil was still alive and he just teleported away he could've just teleported back to Mundus so why didn't he and why did Mundus made a big deal about him losing the battle since he already lost before?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think its easier just to bring Vergil back after his death and play with that.

I think nero might have been brought in as Dante and Trish's actual son to play on what he said at the end of DMC1.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I know that but I was only stating my opinion. I know Vergil was to be corrupted but none of that actually happened. If Vergil did actually have his own video game I think I speak for both of us when I say if he did work for mundus or something tragic we wouldn't know if the game would be good or not.
.............................huh????

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
True, we know the order of events we just don't know when they happens.

Plus it's not like he was Nero Angelo all the days of his life.

Wait in DMC1 Trish said he lost a brother and a mother at the age of 8....unless if Vergil spent many years hiding from them until he was captured...or perhaps he went out to defeat Mundus himself and avenge their mother but lost and yeah..........Nelo Angelo.

Top Bottom