• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a Devil May Cry 6?

Who would you have the game’s protagonist?

• New and original character(s)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Legendary Dark Knight Sparda

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Dante

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Vergil

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

windleopard

I like @Ronin's idea of Nero getting some new friends to aid him. Another version of that is him teaming up with these three-
we_fight_too_by_akaitsukiofficial_dcluzb0-pre.jpg

Nice. There is a lot of good to get from this.

How does Lucia react to Nero?

What does Nero think of an artificial demon who turned good?

And we get another badass normal in form of Beryl.

windleopard

My own ideas.

A game starring Trish and Lady taking on various jobs to keep the DMC building open. Since Mundus is still around, he could serve as a possible villain for them.

Nero and Lucia teaming up to fight remnants of the Order of the Sword who are trying to complete Sanctus’ work. Lucia would make an interesting addition because the Order are in some ways foils to the Guardian clan - Both taught the legend of Sparda to their young and were visited by him in the past. But whereas the Guardians stayed true to Sparda’s path of heroism the Order became corrupt. It would be interesting to see how Nero reacts to the idea of an artificial demon with free will and Lucia could always use new friends.

Regular demons I will give you , but demons like berial or bigger wouldn't go down to any level of serum unless it made a human being capable of matching them or being stronger on raw strength

Speed only goes so far if the attacks don't inflict enough damage

That's why you never see lady take down a demon general , as her weapons aren't a match
Well yeah, that's what I mean. The serum would have to make them powerful enough to fight higher level demons. Whether humans are capable of creating such a serum will be down to the writers.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I need good Mythology and literature for next game after William Blake!

How would you picture a Nero adventure next game? It’s his turn to visit the house.

How about CS Lewis?

tehrugger

Banned
If Dante's daughter doesn't appear in DMC6, then the game should end with Patty telling Dante she's pregnant with his child, and Dante looking utterly gobsmacked.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
DMC doesn't really adapt novels like that. It tends to do references more than straight adaptations.

Plus Narnia might not be in the public domain Capcom might not be able to actually use them if they wanted.

At best they would have Dante protect 4 kids with names similar to the kids from Narnia or something.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Maybe a vampiric character, where they don't regenerate health during Devil Trigger.
Instead, they need to damage/kill enemies to regain health during that state.

We haven't had a vampiric character.

How about a new character tribute to Altered Beast? A lycan/zoan character.

Goldsickle

How about a new character tribute to Altered Beast? A lycan/zoan character.
Devil Triggers are the "zoanthropy" of Devil May Cry. X3

I like the concept of temporary or "partial" transformation, like Quadruple S.
Instead of turning completely into a wolf, maybe you can create a mechanic where only a portion of the character's limbs changes into animal claws to save on Devil Trigger energy.

It would be nice if they'd revisit the "customizable Devil Trigger" idea from DMC2.
Maybe put the werewolf amulet for added strength and vampire bat amulet to absorb enemy HP per attack.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd like a Daredevil-like character who possesses demon eyes. Have his eyes possess all kinds of vision.

• X-Ray
  • Heat
  • Cold
  • Night
  • Fear
  • Rage
  • Light
  • Future
  • Dimensional
And his weapon to be a pole weapon like MK's Jade. A Devil Arm from a small pole to a blind man's cane, bo staff, spear, halberd, nunchaku, kusarigama, manrikigama, kali sticks & billy club.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought about a Ninja Gaiden spinoff involving the legend of Momotaro but that can be recycled as a Vergil prequel. Granted its a little more of a downer now.

I wanted to do a game set between two different time periods so having an older Vergil deal with a mistake from his past seems like a good way to go.

Tbh i like the idea of Dante getting seperated spiritually. Exploring what his human and demon halves are like could be fun.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I thought about a Ninja Gaiden spinoff involving the legend of Momotaro but that can be recycled as a Vergil prequel. Granted its a little more of a downer now.

I wanted to do a game set between two different time periods so having an older Vergil deal with a mistake from his past seems like a good way to go.

Tbh i like the idea of Dante getting seperated spiritually. Exploring what his human and demon halves are like could be fun.

How would splitting Dante’s halves work?

A “D” and what would be a good demon name?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How would splitting Dante’s halves work?

A “D” and what would be a good demon name?
You could use Tony for the human half and i could see his demon half coming up with its own name.

Like what's the Italian word for knives? He would use that - its a shoutout for Sparda meaning sword.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
You could use Tony for the human half and i could see his demon half coming up with its own name.

Like what's the Italian word for knives? He would use that - its a shoutout for Sparda meaning sword.

You're right!

Dante
  • Human half: Tony Redgrave
  • Demon half: Pugnale (it. dagger)/Coltello (it. knife)/Lama (it. blade)

I just hope both would be good.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You're right!

Dante
  • Human half: Tony Redgrave
  • Demon half: Pugnale (it. dagger)/Coltello (it. knife)/Lama (it. blade)
I just hope both would be good.
Both are good but not that virtuous. It thought it be fun if both are unwilling to work with the other half.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Both are good but not that virtuous. It thought it be fun if both are unwilling to work with the other half.

That could work someway.

I can picture while Nero is protecting the human world, Dante and Vergil are in Hell spending time together as brothers. Eventually, they'll find some demons are collaborating with some evil humans in entering. Learning that it is for Mundus' revival, the brothers try to stop it. Knowing the Human World will be in danger, Dante decides to have Vergil be sent out if anything would happen to him, and that Nero won't be able to handle it alone.

But question is... how will Vergil use Yamato to separate Dante to save him and bring them back together afterwards?

Ravenash77

Eventually I’d like to see some time traveling. A way to imitate how the DMC games jump all over in terms of timeline. Then maybe a new character could actually meet Sparda before he became a legend. And of course run into Dante and Virgil before they got trapped in hell

Top Bottom