• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a Devil May Cry 6?

Who would you have the game’s protagonist?

• New and original character(s)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Legendary Dark Knight Sparda

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Dante

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Vergil

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Eventually I’d like to see some time traveling. A way to imitate how the DMC games jump all over in terms of timeline. Then maybe a new character could actually meet Sparda before he became a legend. And of course run into Dante and Virgil before they got trapped in hell
@meg5493 was saying DMC2 felt like it was gonna do time travel.
@Ronin came with a character who travels through time.
I thought about having her be one of Sparda's exes who was set in a trap by Mundus or another villian.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Who wants to see Mundus have offspring who'd takeover his work in conquering the human world? Since Dante sealed Mundus, a son or daughter should take the throne and accomplish what Mundus failed to do.

Wish to see V's style implemented into their playstyle.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Who wants to see Mundus have offspring who'd takeover his work in conquering the human world? Since Dante sealed Mundus, a son or daughter should take the throne and accomplish what Mundus failed to do.

No no no no and no. Enough with sons and offspring. Son of Vergil, son of Mundus, daughter of Dante. It's cringy and unimaginative, familial stories need to stop.

Hungry Alien

No no no no and no. Enough with sons and offspring. Son of Vergil, son of Mundus, daughter of Dante. It's cringy and unimaginative, familial stories need to stop.
THANK YOU

For real, why does everyone want DMC to be Boruto ? The serie has a chance to start anew with the end of DMC 5, and the worst thing that could happen is DMC diving again into bad scenario and familial drama. It need to grow and actually be interesting.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
THANK YOU

For real, why does everyone want DMC to be Boruto ? The serie has a chance to start anew with the end of DMC 5, and the worst thing that could happen is DMC diving again into bad scenario and familial drama. It need to grow and actually be interesting.

TRAITOR!!!!!!

Hungry Alien

TRAITOR!!!!!!
Come at me bro

WearyFixedGharial-size_restricted.gif

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Wish to see V's style implemented into their playstyle.
I'm not against familial themes but I can't see Mundus having kids.

Plus he could create life like Trish so what's the need for a child?

I get the need for anthromorphising the supernatural/fantastic but there is a limit to how human you should make things.

Hungry Alien

Mundus won't have offspring. He can create demons, and have no problem killing those who fail him. And I would prefer Mundus to be back himself instead of some wannabe Mundus "son".

But again, DMC need to get out of the familial drama in DMC 6.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
People long for the familiar and are wary of when changes are introduced too quickly to their favourite series. It's the bane of all franchises that run too long and fall into creative bankruptcy.

DMC6 will be the litmus test where we'll see if the Devs really care about the 'verse's long term future going forward.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh come oooooon, can't you recognize banter? He even posted the Stormtrooper gif!
You'll see in time. You and him will get into an arguement and you'll see what I meant.

I've gotten along with some people here, and that includes yourself, so just wait and learn on your own.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and delete some posts, but I don't like him, and I see it as his way of goading people into arguments. I was actually helping Ronin. He seems ****ed at Alien, hence how he clicked anger reaction on Alien's post. But I digress, I'll clean it up. Happy?

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The mobile game introduced a hunter's guild so I'd probably expand on that.

I'd focused on how the average hunter deal with demons being a public fact (if they weren't already).

You could even expand that towards the criminal underworld.

Hungry Alien

The mobile game introduced a hunter's guild so I'd probably expand on that.

I'd focused on how the average hunter deal with demons being a public fact (if they weren't already).

You could even expand that towards the criminal underworld.
Oh I like this. Maybe with the Red Grave City incident, governments will take demonic threat seriously and start their own guild of devil hunters. Also I'd like to see how governments handle the presence of demon. Will they annonce their existence publicly or will they try to hide them from the public ?

That could be an interesting take, especially with Nero. If government try to control demon hunters by imposing rules, how will Nero react ? For an exemple : imagine Nero accepted the proposition of being registered in a demon hunter guild. He sudently have to follow rules, which are at first not a problem and he agree with it. Until at one point, he is supposed to cooperate with others and works with other hunters. Everyone has a task to achieve, and Nero easily do his part. But then, one group get overwhelmed by demons. Nero wants to go help them, but the plan need him to stay where he is. Nero know he's far more powerfull then most hunters, and could go save the endangered group without compromising the mission, but is still held back by rules. That could be an interesting take on Nero.

Even for how the demon info are handled. Imagine Nero finally breaking out of the plan and saving the others, but then having the coordination of the team ruined because he didn't obeyed. The leader would hold a grudge on him, and try to manipulate informations to make him look like a threat. When he find out, Nero would burst out of rage and confront his leader about it. It would have consequences on Nero's life, like having his payment cut off. Nero would then have to decide between bending and following rules, but have no repercussions on his personal life, or just going out in solo, but face financial issues since the payment method have changed, and is now handled by government. And of course, he would start to think about a non legal approach with financial stability...

This would bend well in the begining of the story, right before the event launching the story forward (I don't have a name for that kind of event, my english is flawed :frown:)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Oh I like this. Maybe with the Red Grave City incident, governments will take demonic threat seriously and start their own guild of devil hunters. Also I'd like to see how governments handle the presence of demon. Will they annonce their existence publicly or will they try to hide them from the public ?

That could be an interesting take, especially with Nero. If government try to control demon hunters by imposing rules, how will Nero react ? For an exemple : imagine Nero accepted the proposition of being registered in a demon hunter guild. He sudently have to follow rules, which are at first not a problem and he agree with it. Until at one point, he is supposed to cooperate with others and works with other hunters. Everyone has a task to achieve, and Nero easily do his part. But then, one group get overwhelmed by demons. Nero wants to go help them, but the plan need him to stay where he is. Nero know he's far more powerfull then most hunters, and could go save the endangered group without compromising the mission, but is still held back by rules. That could be an interesting take on Nero.

Even for how the demon info are handled. Imagine Nero finally breaking out of the plan and saving the others, but then having the coordination of the team ruined because he didn't obeyed. The leader would hold a grudge on him, and try to manipulate informations to make him look like a threat. When he find out, Nero would burst out of rage and confront his leader about it. It would have consequences on Nero's life, like having his payment cut off. Nero would then have to decide between bending and following rules, but have no repercussions on his personal life, or just going out in solo, but face financial issues since the payment method have changed, and is now handled by government. And of course, he would start to think about a non legal approach with financial stability...

This would bend well in the begining of the story, right before the event launching the story forward (I don't have a name for that kind of event, my english is flawed :frown:)
Its usually called "the inciting incident".

Top Bottom