• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a Devil May Cry 6?

Who would you have the game’s protagonist?

• New and original character(s)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Legendary Dark Knight Sparda

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Dante

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Vergil

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

slap_maximillian

Legendary Lord
I'm feeling like Dante and Vergil should just go on a massive ultra-nightmare run through Hell, wiping out all the demons while rebuilding their relationship. Mundus should definitely be an Aku-esque villain, trying to stop them from emptying Hell and getting out. For the OST, I'm thinking something akin to Masami Ueda's work on DMC1 or Masato Kohda's on DMC2, just to evoke the raw feel of those games.

Meanwhile, Nero, Nico, Lady and Trish could have a Metroid Prime Hunters-type plot happening in the human world, with loads of hunters competing for an unspecified jackpot (the DMC crew could be looking for a way to get Dante out of Hell). This would probably be a team-building thing plot-wise, since they haven't really worked together a lot. For the OST, I'd ideally have an early Hideki Naganuma-esque OST, with lots of fast-paced, sample-heavy electronic and trip-hop to make it stand out from the Hell sections.

I know that would be a massive five characters (especially in a DMC game), but since at least three of these characters are in DMC5 (at most, if the Ladies' Night DLC rumours are true, all of them), it wouldn't be that hard to get the movesets together.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
new storyline for nero with brand new villains, that ends up with Dante and Vergil returning from hell and preparing for DMC7

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Vergil became the character I'm most interested in so I don't mind him getting the spotlight/solo adventure.

V was more convincing as a new character than Nero which is ironic given the big reveal. So I'm interested in a new cast being the focus that is disconnected from the existing one.

I'm open to a crossover game with either DmC, Ninja Gaiden/DOA, Bayonetta, or Darkstalkers. Darkstalkers should just be made canon to DMC and it would be mutually beneficial to both series.

I'm up for a Sparda title especially one showcasing how he and Eva met and got together etc.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Obviously they will continue whit Nero, and they make vergil return to stay, so we will have dante nero and vergil as main character in the next game, probably a new character but maybe not... Since dmc 5 is not a true ending to the series but actually a new beginning i dont think they will not continue this plot established with 5 since they finally make a game after eleven year, a game that sold well, so newcomer are also attached to Nero and dante so I doubt they will take them out

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any good Nero adventures? Be nice to introduce demon hunters to join him. He needs his own team. Each with their own unique talents.

So far Nico.

New hunters
  • A blind devil hunter who possesses demon-like eyes after losing his human ones.
  • Inspired by Nevan, a musician who possesses demon weapons based on instruments. Like not just a guitar. But also a wind instrument, drums, piano & violin.
  • A devil huntress who's also a contortionist. Inspired by Voldo.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about Vergil being forced by Dante to go back to the human world and aid his son as a chance for them to bond and redeem himself.

Dante this time will be brainwashed and to be saved.

Nero will need his own crew. Any ideas?

Goldsickle

Whatever they pull in 6, whether it's a new character or not will revolve around a new gameplay style.
So probably they think up of a gameplay mechanic and then write a story around it.

DMC3 introduced Styles, DMC4 introduced grapples and real-time Style-swapping, DMC5 introduced Breakers and summoned devils that fight for you.
Maybe DMC6 will introduce "no Styles cluttering, no lock-on dependency anymore!".

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It would be kind of cool if you played DMC6 from the opposite side as a demon , have you climb the ranks throughout the game beating generals

Eventually become the ruler of hell and have the final fight be against Nero , and then Dante and Vergil

But instead of being destroyed by them ye stalemate and agree to a deal , since you only like to fight worthy opponents

You won't try to invade the human world and enslave humanity, and they won't interfere with you're ruling in the demon world

The end

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like @Ronin's idea of Nero getting some new friends to aid him. Another version of that is him teaming up with these three-
we_fight_too_by_akaitsukiofficial_dcluzb0-pre.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
I'd say scrap Patty and bring in a male OC instead.

Granted I rather Nero interact with a new team of hunters than existing characters.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Ronin
I'd say scrap Patty and bring in a male OC instead.

Granted I rather Nero interact with a new team of hunters than existing characters.

I agree. What would you picture joining Nero's team? Anything unique to the table? It's not like Nero & Nico can build auditions or anything... can they?

Dante's DMC crew
  • Dante: Half-breed demon hunter from Sparda's bloodline
  • Trish: Demon with lightning powers resembling Dante's mother Eva
  • Lady: The walking artillery
Nero's DMC crew
  • Nero: Dante's nephew with a very powerful arm (both bionic & demonic)
  • Nico: Nero's armsmith & artist

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I agree. What would you picture joining Nero's team? Anything unique to the table? It's not like Nero & Nico can build auditions or anything... can they?

Dante's DMC crew
  • Dante: Half-breed demon hunter from Sparda's bloodline
  • Trish: Demon with lightning powers resembling Dante's mother Eva
  • Lady: The walking artillery
Nero's DMC crew
  • Nero: Dante's nephew with a very powerful arm (both bionic & demonic)
  • Nico: Nero's armsmith & artist
You mean hold auditions.

Technically yes but we dont know what demon hunters are like in DMC.

I'd say we'd create 3 more character with distinct skillsets who are chasing the same threat as Nero. All 4 of them would be chasing the threat unaware of the other 3. So when they do meet up they decide to set aside their differences and teamup.

Nero worked better as a team player/his brother's keeper than him trying to be a loner so I'd play into that.

He'd be the one trying to make a team out of the cast.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm thinking of a new DMC story to feature Nero as the now hero. Have Credo return as one of the antagonists revived by a new demon lord. Make Credo the Deathstroke of DMC.

Plus Nero & Nico need to expand their group with new hunters as Nero's hired to lead a team against a new breed of demons.

tehrugger

Banned
- Dante's daughter is introduced and is a playable character

- Nero gets a Devil Sword Nero

- Vergil gets a Devil Sword Vergil

- Dante returns to the human world

- Vergil decides to remain in the demon world and bocome its ruler. But not before telling Nero about his mother.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
- Dante's daughter is introduced and is a playable character

- Nero gets a Devil Sword Nero

- Vergil gets a Devil Sword Vergil

- Dante returns to the human world

- Vergil decides to remain in the demon world and bocome its ruler. But not before telling Nero about his mother.

• Save Dante's daughter for 7 or 8
  • Maybe in this game or next
  • Same as #2
  • Perhaps if Dante's captured maybe for next game as Nero needs to shine
  • Rather he explore both worlds on his own after saving Dante and the world with Nero. He'll be at his son's side if needed.

windleopard

Super soldier serum still wouldn't put men on par with demons though
It would depend on how powerful it was. If it is more powerful than the stuff that gave Captain America his powers, it would certainly work.

Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue had technology developed by normal humans to kill demons. And humans in DMC have been hinted to be a lot more powerful than demons give them credit for.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Regular demons I will give you , but demons like berial or bigger wouldn't go down to any level of serum unless it made a human being capable of matching them or being stronger on raw strength

Speed only goes so far if the attacks don't inflict enough damage

That's why you never see lady take down a demon general , as her weapons aren't a match

Top Bottom