• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a Devil May Cry 6?

Who would you have the game’s protagonist?

• New and original character(s)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Legendary Dark Knight Sparda

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Dante

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Vergil

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In episode 10, we met Baal and Modeus who were Sparda's apprentices. They feel more neutral than good and Baal does cross a line to get Dante to fight him.

In episode 3/4 we meet Brad a demon who falls in love with a human named juliet.

@Picard
Honestly it could be both options. It'd be funny if Nero's short term memory loss was a unintended side effect.

@Goldsickle
Trish might benefit from your idea. Its a way to make use of her shapeshifting abilities in 4.

Granted I'm cool with @Hungry Alien's suggestion of who this new character could be.

Goldsickle

Trish might benefit from your idea. Its a way to make use of her shapeshifting abilities in 4.
I'm not sure about Trish, since her shapeshifting is mostly for disguise purposes and I'm not sure if she can absorb the abilities of other enemies.

I was also randomly thinking of the demon-absorption idea used like Nero's Devil Breakers.
You could keep the absorbed ability for regular attacks or sacrifice it for one powerful move.

Like if you absorb the soul of Marionettes, you can summon a spinning Marionette to slash at the enemy (like a summoned version of Round Trip) or you can perform a "Breakage" maneuver to create the "war cry" that traps every enemy in its range in puppet strings.
May not work on bosses but could still be used to stop powerful attacks or has some sort of "auto-parry" effect.

Or it works like Dante's Style.
Tap on the D-pad to select which "soul" you want to use.

Do cool stuff like absorb the soul of a Blitz so that all your jumps and side-rolls are electrified for easier evades and parries.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not sure about Trish, since her shapeshifting is mostly for disguise purposes and I'm not sure if she can absorb the abilities of other enemies.

I was also randomly thinking of the demon-absorption idea used like Nero's Devil Breakers.
You could keep the absorbed ability for regular attacks or sacrifice it for one powerful move.

Like if you absorb the soul of Marionettes, you can summon a spinning Marionette to slash at the enemy (like a summoned version of Round Trip) or you can perform a "Breakage" maneuver to create the "war cry" that traps every enemy in its range in puppet strings.
May not work on bosses but could still be used to stop powerful attacks or has some sort of "auto-parry" effect.

Do cool stuff like absorb the soul of a Blitz so that all your jumps and side-rolls are electrified for easier evades and parries.
I'm cool with adding those abilities to her in a potential spinoff or retconning her abilities if they remake 1.

I think they might make her more interesting.

Granted making a new character feels cleaner and DMC could use some new blood to me.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

I'd like a character who absorbs demonic power since Nero.

Any ideas on how such a character can be made a reality? Would be nice if it was Nero's battle partner and rival.

Goldsickle

Any ideas on how such a character can be made a reality? Would be nice if it was Nero's battle partner and rival.
I could go back on a previous idea...

A leftover Order Knight who went through the Ascension Ceremony and has nowhere to go when the Order collapsed.
A certain group hunted remnants of Ascended knights, since they're basically demonic but Nero saved them, since these knights sometimes had to go through the Ceremony against their will and it's not their fault they're demonic.

The idea I had in mind is a female knight who uses a chainsaw staff and a gauntlet.
What she does is she rams the chainsaw tip against a demon and then uses the gauntlet arm to punch a blunt section of her staff to force the chainsaw tip deeper.

For firearms, she uses a helical magazine sub machine gun (like the Bizon).
But the sub machine gun has two barrels, where one is being fed by a lower helical magazine (like how you load the Bizon) and the top barrel is fed from a second, upper magazine (like the Calico).

So the gun is sort of a fusion between a PP-19 Bizon and an M950-Calico.

This is opposite of a "Nero rival" idea, since it's more of a "Nero admirer"...
Her double barrelled gun also reflects her admiration of Nero.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I could go back on a previous idea...

A leftover Order Knight who went through the Ascension Ceremony and has nowhere to go when the Order collapsed.
A certain group hunted remnants of Ascended knights, since they're basically demonic but Nero saved them, since these knights sometimes had to go through the Ceremony against their will and it's not their fault they're demonic.

The idea I had in mind is a female knight who uses a chainsaw staff and a gauntlet.
What she does is she rams the chainsaw tip against a demon and then uses the gauntlet arm to punch a blunt section of her staff to force the chainsaw tip deeper.

For firearms, she uses a helical magazine sub machine gun (like the Bizon).
But the sub machine gun has two barrels, where one is being fed by a lower helical magazine (like how you load the Bizon) and the top barrel is fed from a second, upper magazine (like the Calico).

So the gun is sort of a fusion between a PP-19 Bizon and an M950-Calico.

This is opposite of a "Nero rival" idea, since it's more of a "Nero admirer"...
Her double barrelled gun also reflects her admiration of Nero.

We could use a playable "angel" into the mix since Credo & Agnus were only bosses.

How would you picture her DT? Like a butterfly?

What would be a suitable name for her?

Last edited:

Goldsickle

How would you picture her DT? Like a butterfly?
Couldn't decide at all.
I was thinking a cat or something but the idea that she assumes the form of other humanoid demons during Devil Trigger helps with my indecision.

Although there might be a need for a "default" Devil Trigger form or she just covers herself in aura like Trish.

Since the Order was doing all sorts of experimenting, she's probably a separate experiment on humans being able to absorb Demon abilities.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A new demon emerges , a demon so powerful that mundus after eating the fruit, argosax and Abigail had to seal this demon

But the seal breaks and they get free, dante and vergil in hell are the first line of defence against it and they get whooped

Said demon creates generals that make urizen seem like fodder

Nero struggles on the surface against them, trish and lady help him to keep them distracted while dante and vergil recover

Vergil realises who the demon is, he makes a portal to the human world by a ritual with yamato and throws dante through it

Vergil tries to save his family, but he ultimately loses and in his last breath he commands yamato to seek out dante

Yamato finds dante and dante absorbs it and combines it with devil sword dante, with his new found power he fights the demon and kills it, and the sheer effort of it causes him to come to a realisation

Due to this he hands devil may cry over to nero, and dante becomes the emperor of the demon world

Knowing it is the only way he can guarantee that the human world will not face a huge threat

He entrust nero to keep it safe from the demons that break through

The end

Top Bottom