• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I have a major complaint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Staff, can you please limit sigs to certain sizes?

The sizes of sigs here are out of control. Sigs shouldn't be that damn big. People with these big ass sigs need to get warned or deducted rep or something.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
tell the people to use spoiler tags? then they are kept small, but allowed to be bigger, like my bigger ones are.

Other than that, there isnt alot that can be done

Esura

Vauxchen;136479 said:
tell the people to use spoiler tags? then they are kept small, but allowed to be bigger, like my bigger ones are.

Other than that, there isnt alot that can be done

Actually....ALOT can be done.
People with sigs exceeding the appropriate sizes can be warned or deducted rep or temp ban. Many forums I've been to done it. I wouldn't bitch about this if I knew there was nothing we could do.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i dont think a ban would be necessary really, or rep deduction, as rep doesnt really do much

Esura

Vauxchen;136484 said:
i dont think a ban would be necessary really, or rep deduction, as rep doesnt really do much

Well Im tired of these big ass sigs distorting the pages.

You are awfully passive on this situation. I thought alot of ppl was annoyed by these big ass sigs.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
its only the ones that widen the whole page beyond what it should be, sigs that only change the one post(like mine) i consider okay, but i dont mind long/wide sigs much, becuase i dont see many

Esura

I miss the days when sigs were banner-like and nicely forum-friendly. Now sigs are wallpapers :lol:

Esura

Dude, if I knew all of their names I would of stated it in OP. I only know 1 off the top of my head and it is Vergilissexy.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Sheesh, it's really not that big of a deal. The only one that seems to have a problem with it is you so far. Now if it was every other person then yeah, it'd really be a big problem. No offense, but what you should worry about is the more important issues that are going on in the forum.

And not to toot my own horn but I know damn well that im one of the most well behaved people in this forum, and for you to make a topic saying I and a few others should be banned for it is rediculous. Yeah I know it's alittle big, but I made sure that they didn't make the pages any wider. And just so you know, every forum is different. So don't expect people to get banned or whatever just because they made a sig too big.

Besides, I don't keep em there that long, I plan on changing it soon.

Esura

Vergilissexy;136613 said:
Sheesh, it's really not that big of a deal. The only one that seems to have a problem with it is you so far. Now if it was every other person then yeah, it'd really be a big problem. No offense, but what you should worry about is the more important issues that are going on in the forum.

And not to toot my own horn but I know damn well that im one of the most well behaved people in this forum, and for you to make a topic saying I and a few others should be banned for it is rediculous. Yeah I know it's alittle big, but I made sure that they didn't make the pages any wider. And just so you know, every forum is different. So don't expect people to get banned or whatever just because they made a sig too big.

Besides, I don't keep em there that long, I plan on changing it soon.

I never said you should be banned ( I like you anyway :) ).
I never said nothing was wrong with you.

Your name was the 1st that came to mind. I only mentioned banning (temp one at that) as a last resort

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Alright then. I had planned to take the Wesker one off soon anyways, it's time has expired for now. And the only reason I made the "Dying words" sig big is because of the backround I had to use, plus there was alot of people to put in it.

Keaton

Premium
I have no problem with large artworks in the signature sections - provided it doesn't exceed 600px wide.

When a signature exceeds 600wide it distorts the site.
If its long then it doesn't do anything but take up room on a thread - hence harmless (aside from load times).

I am more than willing to encourge people to use a conventional size of 600x250px or whatevr, but in my eyes so long as it doesn't exceed 600wide by 1000px high...it doesn't matter.

If you feel that signatures are causing a problem Esura you can always hide signatures from your view in the Options Menu :)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ok let's not name and shame here ;)

Personally huge sigs irritate the hell out of me because asides from anything else they make the place look damn untidy and the majority of looooong sigs are not only insanely ugly but also require a lot of scrolling down to get to the next post. Mercifully visitors cannot see these monster sigs but I may consider altering the size options of how big a sig can be - I'll need to speak with Steve about it though.

If anyone does have a sig which is overly wide so that the banner of the forum is distorted, please either resize it or place it in a spoiler tag. Until a decision has been made regarding sig sizes, it may be worth opting to not view sigs. Wish I could also use that option but sadly I have to keep tabs on what some people are putting in their signatures so that we don't end up with crap everywhere.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
^ i know im gonna sound like a nooob....... how do u do spoilers ...... i know im should be shamed ....

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Gasp! :lol:

Just put [.spoiler]whatever it is[./spoiler] but remove the .'s before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom