• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I GOT HOME BETA!

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
FURREAL?!

But I'm dead serious, what are you talking about?:lol:

Good job on the lulz though. Pretty funny.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
No, I'm dead serious.

I got accepted for the Playstation@HOME closed beta. Playstation@HOME is essentially, to me, like The Sims simulator. Its where you can meet with other PSN users and watch trailers, play games, chat etc. Its pretty fun. I made a sexy Asian avatar (FYI I'm not Asian :lol:)

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well, i told you first Esura!

anyways i also got accepted into the closed beta for Home

Home is the sim-like social network, that allows you to customize an avatar, also customize our own personal Home,

of course there are many other features as well as, playing a game while on Home, and playing pool or bowling, or watching a movie in a movie theater, i guess it's kinda like a game but also like a "you" that can get out and go places without actually leaving your home

Home is in a Closed Beta right now, me and Esura are accepted and we're so excited!!!!!

Also Home is only for the PS3.....

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
yeah it's so sweet, but seeing as there really is much to do....either it's still fun :)

Esura

I consider HOME to be an opposing force to 360's blatant-rip-off-of-Miis system . Graphics on HOME are phat tho!

And Chob was hanging with me and my Metal Gear Online buddies. Listen to anime and hip hop music while dancing.

Esura

chob101;144285 said:
yeah it's so sweet, but seeing as there really is much to do....either it's still fun :)

Well it IS a beta.
It'll prolly have hella stuff by release tho.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;144294 said:
I consider HOME to be an opposing force to 360's blatant-rip-off-of-Miis system . Graphics on HOME are phat tho!

They said the Mii system was a huge influence and credited nintendo accordingly and Nintendo were flattered as Microsofts avatar system is an improvement on it. Although i hated the Mii's and wasnt interested in the Avatar update to the NXE (all the other features are superb though) its actually been done better than i thought and not as bad as i first thought it would be. Home wasnt exactly a new idea and Sony had the idea from an existing PC product called Second Life so they did no different. Although nothing wrong with taking an existing popular idea and expanding on it with new features and its an interesting idea & nice to see them finally nearly getting to finish it. Just hope Sony can fix the bugs they had with it a few months ago and get it working as id like to see what its capable of and what other features it has besides the Sim like stuff.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Nice one! Getting an invite to the private beta? Sweet! Never had the chance to beta test anything, myself, but it definitely must be quite rewarding to know that your feedback will help ensure that Home is released nice and stable. Wonder when we can expect it to officially go live.

Esura

@Steve-O :lol:
Dunno, but I know it wont be a flop like some Xbots and Wii-tards are expecting it to be. Hell, I even didnt think Home will do well but....my god it has like Gears 2-like graphics and I met hella ppl on it. You can tell that Sony put extra care in this. Now I'm SOOO excited for its release.

@ D2
Nothing wrong with taking a little from something to make better, hell I encourage it, but COME ON, its like they imported the Miis system from Nintendo and added a few bs tweeks. And how do you hate Miis, yet like the NXE? To me they are the EXACT same. But once again, ppl eat this shnit up though, as long as its made by Microsoft. Sony slightly rip from something (a la motion control) and Sony is now desperate. This is why I hate mainstream gaming media like IGN, GamePro, etc. now. Microsoft bought them all out. Sony and (to a lesser degree) Nintendo seems to always be under scrutiny despite Wii's major high sales.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Lord Esura;144349 said:
And how do you hate Miis, yet like the NXE? To me they are the EXACT same.

Meh, the interface is nice, it's cleaner than the original Xbox Dashboard, all Andy was saying is that he disliked both the Miis, as well as the Xbox Live Avatars not having any real appeal, it's fair enough really, I dislike the avatars myself, but I personally find myself liking the new dashboard layout, sure, the 360 is ripping a lot of things off, but that's the way business works, modify what's popular for your own personal gain and profit, if it works for someone else, then it's going to work for you.

Anyways, I'm not standing up for Microsoft in any way or form, I'm not standing up for anyone, actually, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are all as bad as each other.

But I digress....Heavily, congratulations on getting into the Beta, I've only been a part of one Beta test before, there's always something...Nice, knowing that your feedback and ideas will go towards improving the system when it goes public.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;144349 said:
And how do you hate Miis, yet like the NXE? To me they are the EXACT same. But once again, ppl eat this shnit up though, as long as its made by Microsoft.

I disliked the Mii idea for being so childish and i dont really like the avatar idea either but its been pulled off better than i thought. They arent the exact same thing as Microsoft has used them much more with their online interface and they are much more interactive. I like the NXE because of the huge list of new features it has and quite like the new sleek layout it wasnt just the addition of avatars that came with it and they arent the NXE's most attractive feature in my eyes in the slightest. I couldnt care less about the avatar system although you arent forced to use it and its merely a choice but all the other features are great & really happy about cross game group private chat being brought in at last.

Lord Esura said:
I know it wont be a flop.

Well Second Life was released to the public in 2003 and im pretty sure thats still going so its a good bet it wont flop.

Lord Esura said:
You can tell that Sony put extra care in this.

Well they should have its been in production since early 2005.

Lord Esura;144349 said:
This is why I hate mainstream gaming media like IGN, GamePro, etc. now. Microsoft bought them all out. Sony and (to a lesser degree) Nintendo seems to always be under scrutiny despite Wii's major high sales.

If the performance was the same on most multiformat games then the sites wouldnt scrutinise. They pick up on things like more glitches, frame rate tears, frame rate issues, graphical anomalies and such as the console was deemed and touted to be more powerful. They only scrutinise because they have found reasons to and usually give evidence of their reasoning too. Most is usually confirmed by the developers saying they are releasing patches to fix bugs. Not the consoles fault its the developers not being able to use the tools correctly (still after the time its been out). Destroy All Humans was cancelled recently as they couldnt get it to run correctly (no great loss to PS3 and probably a blessing as the game looks rubbish anyway).

Angelo Credo;144371 said:
Meh, the interface is nice, it's cleaner than the original Xbox Dashboard, all Andy was saying is that he disliked both the Miis, as well as the Xbox Live Avatars not having any real appeal, it's fair enough really, I dislike the avatars myself, but I personally find myself liking the new dashboard layout, sure, the 360 is ripping a lot of things off, but that's the way business works, modify what's popular for your own personal gain and profit, if it works for someone else, then it's going to work for you.

Anyways, I'm not standing up for Microsoft in any way or form, I'm not standing up for anyone, actually, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are all as bad as each other.

But I digress....Heavily, congratulations on getting into the Beta, I've only been a part of one Beta test before, there's always something...Nice, knowing that your feedback and ideas will go towards improving the system when it goes public.

Exactly my point. +rep

Also as this topic is about Home you should maybe give us some more details about what they have shown in the Beta. As main details ive got in my lists are quite old now and were sent to me some time ago so probably had some newer things since i was last notified.

Gikoku Harakami

Hot Dog and a Shake
Lord Esura;144294 said:

Lord Esura;144349 said:
@Steve-O :lol:
Dunno, but I know it wont be a flop like some Xbots and Wii-tards are expecting it to be. Hell, I even didnt think Home will do well but....my god it has like Gears 2-like graphics and I met hella ppl on it. You can tell that Sony put extra care in this. Now I'm SOOO excited for its release.

Nothing wrong with taking a little from something to make better, hell I encourage it, but COME ON, its like they imported the Miis system from Nintendo and added a few bs tweeks. And how do you hate Miis, yet like the NXE? To me they are the EXACT same. But once again, ppl eat this shnit up though, as long as its made by Microsoft. Sony slightly rip from something (a la motion control) and Sony is now desperate. This is why I hate mainstream gaming media like IGN, GamePro, etc. now. Microsoft bought them all out. Sony and (to a lesser degree) Nintendo seems to always be under scrutiny despite Wii's major high sales.

Diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of the brain..

Your delusional fanboyism is almost funny, but more sad if anything. NXE was never meant to be a direct competitive jab at Sony's HOME, it's nothing more than an interface overhaul with extra fancy additions for the better/worse (depending on how you look at it).

HOME on the other hand is an obvious clone of Second-Life, and a virtual sim. It's definitely nothing that hasn't been done before for the past decade (especially on the PC platform). It's rather illogical to bother comparing NXE & HOME.

.. and ... lol, you really think MS & Nintendo paid off game sites? Oh noooo, it's a conspiracy!! D: those rotten bastards!

Esura

I would share my BETA wisdom but in the Terms of Service Im not allowed cause it's a closed beta, but what they dont know wont hurt right? :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;144394 said:
I would share my BETA wisdom but in the Terms of Service Im not allowed cause it's a closed beta, but what they dont know wont hurt right? :D

Id give it 2 weeks max before all the details are plastered all over games sites anyway. :lol:

Thats usually the way it works in the world of gaming and media.

Esura

Gikoku Harakami;144393 said:
Diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of the brain..

Your delusional fanboyism is almost funny, but more sad if anything. NXE was never meant to be a direct competitive jab at Sony's HOME, it's nothing more than an interface overhaul with extra fancy additions for the better/worse (depending on how you look at it).

HOME on the other hand is an obvious clone of Second-Life, and a virtual sim. It's definitely nothing that hasn't been done before for the past decade (especially on the PC platform).

.. and ... lol, you really think MS & Nintendo paid off game sites? Oh noooo, it's a conspiracy!! D: those rotten bastards!

Eh.....I'm not sad. Its not a conspiracy theory either, its a fact. Also, I only said Microsoft pays off ppl.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;144396 said:
Eh.....I'm not sad. Its not a conspiracy theory either, its a fact. Also, I only said Microsoft pays off ppl.

Its only a fact in fanboys eyes and to the impartial gamer its just noticable as to why they have scrutinised people. Make it sound as if Microsoft are spoken about to be Golden Boys and do no wrong. :lol:

People have already complained that US got price cuts for Xbox Live products when Europe never gets anything. US gets all features (Netflix) and media movies long before Europe. Also US has games content before Europe on Xbox Live and its cheaper. Down to licensing issues granted but still Microsoft arent exactly praised for this on sites and we arent happy with it. :lol:

Top Bottom