• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"i dont need you anymore" quote

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I feel they didn't a dress that enough cuz it didn't seem like he even had problem with it in the first place. Unnecessary character development probably

scionicspectre

I always imagined his 'shadow' was something he turned to for reflection, to contemplate his life and bury his sorrow. It was the one place he could reside to take solace and hide from himself, giving him that carefree, callous attitude. After meeting Lady he began to learn what he was fighting for, and by the time he confronted her in the library he no longer had a need for that part of himself.

He had no more questions to ask of himself- he knew what he had to do.

Goldsickle

Dante and Doppelganger used to be BDSM buddies, where they did stuff like bondage, etc.

Doppelganger ties up Dante and left him as part of an abandonment play but forgot all about him, so Dante rethinks about the whole BDSM thing and decided to quit.

When he meets Doppelganger again, he says "I don't need you anymore" to severe ties.

But the abandonment only made Doppelganger horny and drives him to envelope Dante in his "darkness" (if you know what I mean!).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Outside of unwillingness of people to put some thoughts in what they see, shadow is generally treated as suppressed thought representation. Personally I think it's has to do with his unwillingness to accept himself for what he is. Like his inability to use DT in the beginning. After he "awakens" hense the name of DMC3 Dante's Awakening, this part of him he suppressed is not longer needed and becomes part of his power.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I really wish Capcom themselves would explain it instead of leaving us these overly vague hints as to what Dante could be talking about...

scionicspectre

I really wish Capcom themselves would explain it instead of leaving us these overly vague hints as to what Dante could be talking about...

While I agree with you, and I hope the 'shadow' makes a comeback, I think we can all agree that Capcom has much bigger mysteries to solve within the canon than a DMC 3 exclusive character. ;) I think everyone knows what I'm talking about.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
While I agree with you, and I hope the 'shadow' makes a comeback, I think we can all agree that Capcom has much bigger mysteries to solve within the canon than a DMC 3 exclusive character. ;) I think everyone knows what I'm talking about.
Yea if I had to choose between them explaining Nero or doppelganger I would choose nero

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Wat did Dante mean when he told doppelganger "I don't need you anymore"
Well, a Doppelganger is like an evil twin, it would be the dark side of Dante, or in this case, the demonic side of Dante. Dante says the Doppelganger is there to ask him some questions, but he already answer them himself. Maybe since he awoke his demon self he was asking himself things like: "What am I going to do? Will this change anything in my life? What would my father do?"
After he defeats Lady he says that now thanks to her he knows what he needs to do. He knows what is right and what is not, he accepts his demonic side because someone else accepts it too, someone accepts him.
But that's just my theory.

Top Bottom