• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would you create a Devil May Cry 0: Tale of Sparda?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There must be a way to make a good DMC game that tells of Sparda.

How would you tell Sparda on how he betrayed his race and how his first adventure was like? In the end, time skipped and he meets Eva at the end of the game.
  • Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid)
latest

• Leon Belmont or Gabriel Belmont (Castlevania)
latest

latest

• Jonathan Joestar (JoJo: Phantom Blood)
latest

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

How would you create a Devil May Cry 0: Legend of Sparda?​

Well, I wouldn't for a start. Most prequels don't turn out well - especially when it concerns incredibly epic-scale stuff like wars that are better off left to the fans' imaginations. I really doubt in a single video game the DMC Dev crew could bring to life a satisfying portrayal of Sparda going against the entire forces of Hell and winning.

Buuuuuuut
...since I have nothing better to do, here's what I would advise. Rather than starting off with the climax of Sparda vs Mundus I would have them as younger upstart demons who are tired of the eternal chaotic violence of the Demon World and decide to bring Order by ruling it with Mundus as the charismatic leader and Sparda as the powerful general. Over the course of the game we really get to feel the bromance between Sparda and Mundus as they win battle after battle. However, towards the end of the conquest Sparda ends up interacting with a bunch of humans and starts to question if he does what he does because he's a demon or if he has free will and subsequently any real liberty. At the end of the game Mundus successfully becomes the Demon King but a fracture has permanently formed between him and Sparda with the latter deciding to secretly build up a human resistance whilst also looking into ways to split apart the world so that the species can live apart.

Basically drawing on the Gungrave anime, I know. But what can you do, there aren't much better villain-to-hero stories in anime.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
In all honesty, I wouldn't even try. Sparda's better off if he stays a mystery imho. I feel like if it were done you'd have to explain how he died and (while I have my own theory) I can't think of anything the fanbase would find satisfying

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd probably just do "Tales of SPARDA" instead. Just a bunch of adventures Sparda had throughout the years. He fought with King Arthur, hung out with Sun Wukong, witnessed the rise of Yomaguni, and found El Dorado.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
In all honesty, I wouldn't even try. Sparda's better off if he stays a mystery imho. I feel like if it were done you'd have to explain how he died and (while I have my own theory) I can't think of anything the fanbase would find satisfying
This. Plus, I prefer to moving forward than constantly going back.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd probably just do "Tales of SPARDA" instead. Just a bunch of adventures Sparda had throughout the years. He fought with King Arthur, hung out with Sun Wukong, witnessed the rise of Yomaguni, and found El Dorado.

That'll work! That way, there will be various spin-off games that tell some of Sparda's adventures.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Capcom is in a lose lose situation when it comes to Sparda. No matter what, there'd be a chunk of the fanbase that would throw **** at them.

On one hand, you the "it would ruin the mystery" folks. On the other, you got the people who've always complained that Sparda is more of a plot device than an actual character.
And I've seen people riding both horses as well, as nonsensical as that is.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd probably skip his rebellion and go straight to how he and Eva met. But after how Nero/Kyrie were handled in 4, I don't really trust Itsuno and Bingo to do it justice.

If I had to cast Sparda, I'd pick Robin Atkin Downes.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd probably skip his rebellion and go straight to how he and Eva met. But after how Nero/Kyrie were handled in 4, I don't really trust Itsuno and Bingo to do it justice.

I'd go with JDF as Sparda! Perfect!

D

Deleted member 41833

I don't have much to say, but I just think it would be cool seeing what the gameplay would look like to able to use both rebellion and the yamato.

BlackAngel

Or hand it to people who wrote The Witcher 3.

Top Bottom