• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring Vergil back

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

Darth Angelo;262771 said:
I keep getting visions of a Liquid-Ocelot style awakening for Vergil inside Nero. With the arm and the sword and the ghost I could bury my head in the sand but that looks like the most obvious direction it is going in.
I feel you there. That was actually what I thought would happen in DMC4. I fully expected Vergil to bust out of the giant vagina in the Savior after Nero got sucked in, and be like "Guess who's back, bitches."

Either that, or I had (foolishly) thought that Dante and/or Nero would actually go into a Hellgate and find Vergil trapped in Hell, and the next game would be some epic team up or something.

I even held out hope that at the end, Vergil would come out of nowhere, take the Yamato back, and be like "Don't ever let that nub touch my sword again, ya heard" to Dante, as he pincushions him with phantom swords.

There were so many possibilities and they just ignored them. At this point, Ocelot is the most likely, but it still doesn't explain where Nero came from. I actually think the Ocelot thing makes more sense in DMC, since it explicitly deals with souls and ghosts and whatnot, although it is not impossible with nanomachines. If you've seen some of Dan Dennett's talks, you know what I mean.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Nanomachines = answer to everything. Evar.

I seriously almost headwalled at Locelot/Liquid Ocelot/Oceliquid/whatever when I first slammed MGS2 into my PS2, eagerly awaiting awesomeness. Everything was going just fine until then.

The idea works infinitely better in DMC. Although my eyes are still glistening with horror at the Ocelot comparison. I'm still reeling from MGS4. Please, be humane.

moseslmpg

I don't think nanomachines or possession should have any role in Vergil's comeback, but with Nero, it seems like that might be the case.

I'm thinking, he is in Hell, escapes after an epic battle, finds himself in some random place n the human world, becomes a wandering swordsman for a while and goes and studies with various connections to Sparda's past, and eventually ends up becoming the ruler of Hell until the DMC universe's Apocalypse arrives.

The way I see it, Vergil comes back as an anti-hero, rather than the anti-villain he was before. He is still stoic, he is still after power in the long run, but he is less foolish, more battle worn. I see him as operating on an underground level with seedier contacts and jobs than Dante knows of or will agree to take (like killng babies :p), and most likely interacting with the "outcasts" of Hell, such as hybrids and defectors.

All of this could be achieved in a subseries on PSN/PSP. The possibilities are just endless.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Devil Bane;262840 said:
Liquid was never brought back from the dead.Ocelot was faking the whole thing via nanomachines,years of self hypnosis and years of study around Liquid's character.The arm was just a "tool" to fool the rest.He had fooled everyone,even himself for his plan to work,but in the end,as he was ready to die from FOXDIE he regained conciousness and confessed to Snake some things and Snake worked the rest out.ANd then they fight the last battle.In a dramatic matter that mirrored their parents.For Snake Big Boss and for Liquid The Boss.And once again the Snakes won.This time though not bitterly.It wasn't a sweet victory either though...

No need to explain it to me after pretending I hadn't heard it for about 2 months I spent a long time trying to make sense of it and eventually realised thats what was going on. Bit of a let down to be pefectly honest and totally ruined what was the most epic final fight I think I will ever see. I didn't fantasize about Solid vs Ocelot since the end of MGS2 I fantasized about Solid vs Liquid and stupid realism stood in it's way :(

moseslmpg

Woah, I didn't know that spoiler. That's even worse than if it was actually true. At least we know that can't happen with Nero because we know for sure that he has Sparda blood in him.

Vergil is dead

Attention all you Vergil Fans, He is dead and should stay dead. For all those who are new to this DMC3 was a look into the past. DMC cronologicly happened after it just look at the ending those three dots are the eyes of Mundus. This is for those who are debateing the plot of DMC5. You just introduced a few new characters includeing Nero and Kerie. Explain them more move off of the older ideas. Antoher character you can explore is Lady or even Trish you have lots of options to exploit so exploit one

Darth Angelo

Vergil is dead;264974 said:
Attention all you Vergil Fans, He is dead and should stay dead. For all those who are new to this DMC3 was a look into the past.

Exactly that was never meant to go anywhere as far as a sequel is concerned it was just a safe bet story wise. Time to let go and move on.

Nice name btw.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Attention all you Vergil Fans, He is dead and should stay dead. For all those who are new to this DMC3 was a look into the past. DMC cronologicly happened after it just look at the ending those three dots are the eyes of Mundus. This is for those who are debateing the plot of DMC5. You just introduced a few new characters includeing Nero and Kerie. Explain them more move off of the older ideas. Antoher character you can explore is Lady or even Trish you have lots of options to exploit so exploit one

Speak for yourself. People should be able to speculate about whatever they like concerning DMC5 or any of the characters... that's kinda what a forum is for.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
@ Moses : Really?Well...I found it more awesome than anything...then again,this is coming form the man that not only encouraged Kojima about his decision to make Raiden the main character of 2 but also the guy who thanke dhim for life for finally making Raiden the star of his own game...without Snake that is.And as a ninja.

@ Darth : Er...MGS,anyone?And it was one of the best fights the MGS series has.But anyway...we got more precing matters like the topic.

And yeah...nothing on that...hurry up Koba.We hate waiting...

moseslmpg

No he isn't, and no he shouldn't. You haven't presented any evidence supporting either case. If you want to push your agenda, make your own thread. The purpose of this thread is not to decide if Vergil should come back, but how he should.

DB: No, it is pretty horrible. If it was all just an act, then MGS just becomes incredibly, ridiculously stupid. Still, I had no real issue with Raiden because I knew Kojima knew what he was doing. The same cannot be said for Kobayashi.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

did you sign up just to annoy Vergil fans. with that username and the fact that the first post you made was to say Vergil should not come back in a thread devoted to how to bring back Vergil. there is no way you signed up for friendly discussion and debate. i personally feel sorry for you.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
@ moses : Ok,suit yourself.Everyone's to hius own opinon.

Now back to the thread...yeah...still nothing...

moseslmpg

It is just very very unrealistic, that' my issue. It doesn't even have the trappings of futuristic pseudoscience to back it up. I'm disappointed in Kojima if that is the truth.

Although, I can definitely see how Kobayashi could pull that with Nero. And I would be even angrier then.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^So...just because he used one of the oldest tricks in the books,spiced with his own pseudoscience and nanomachines to make it believeable in the game,it's lame?Ok...opinions.

Though I have to agree on the Koba subject...if he wnts to troll us hard,he would follow Kojima's footsteps and make it worse for us.

moseslmpg

The problem is that the "trick" is literally impossible. It is like Light Yagami levels of precision and foresight. I hate light Yagami too. That's my only issue.

I really don't hope they do that with Nero. It would make even less sense. Maybe Nero was just some guy that needed a kidney transplant, and in DMC5 Dante will wake up in a bathtub of ice.:p

Darth Angelo

Devil Bane;265036 said:
@ Darth : Er...MGS,anyone?And it was one of the best fights the MGS series has.But anyway...we got more precing matters like the topic.

And it made so little sense (as cool as the fight was) they had so make up a load of rubbish and explain how it was all some big trick. Biggest letdown ever..
One of the main reasons why I am so against the return of Vergil is because it seems like it's heading in the same direction i.e Nero will be consumed and pretty much be no more and I actually like Nero. And this is DMC they don't really need to worry about making sense.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^The fight back in MGS[MGS is the Metal Gear Solid for PS] made little sense?Ok...

@ Moses : Ah,it's ok,I mean,I too and others of course,have tricks that we hate for our own reasons.I liked L thought.And N.

As for Nero : That's the last thing everyone wants.Then again...we are against Koba and quite unlike Kojima,no one has sent him any death note or threating letters...quite weird,huh?

moseslmpg

Hey can some of the anti-Vergil people give me a list or reasons they think Vergil should not come back? And I don't mean things like "his story has been told," because that is a tautology.

I want to consider them for my own theory of how he should come back.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Quite obviously his part has been played. DMC3 was almost made to show Vergil is dead and wasn't gonna come back. At least, that's how I see it. That, and Vergil has nothing left to contribute to the series. If he comes back, it would be just for the sake of coming back, and that is what I despise. He needs a GOOD reason, and not because he wants Yamato back or some cheap crap like that. (Nero would kick Vergil's ass anyway. Yamato is HIS now, so Vergil should just suck it up and deal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom