• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring the heavenly realm to DMC 5 : God and angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy777

Heavens declare His Glory
DreadnoughtDT;271841 said:
For Angel Arms, I was thinking that they could be purified Devil Arms. You take a Devil Arm, replace the demonic soul with essence of light (not a soul, but pure essence) and BAM you have an Angel Arm.

That's cool.
But where would the essence of light come from? From the user or some item or an angel who gives part of its essence?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Freddy777;271979 said:
That's cool.
But where would the essence of light come from? From the user or some item or an angel who gives part of its essence?

It can be taken from either an angel's corpse, or given willingly by a living angel.

And if you take it from the corpse, it tends to be unstable and create massively powerful but also massively unstable weapons.

Freddy777

Interesting, an angel's corpse. I figure angels would be very tough to kill, since angels are beings of strength. But it would be one heck of a guy to defeat an angel.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Freddy777;271996 said:
Interesting, an angel's corpse. I figure angels would be very tough to kill, since angels are beings of strength. But it would be one heck of a guy to defeat an angel.

And the guy would get one heck of a weapon after the ordeal. Provided it doesn't blow up in his face. Literally.

Freddy777

Considering that Dante will probably use an "angel arm", does that mean thst Dante killed the angel?
Maybe, it's a dead or imprisoned angel that Mundus defeated and this angel willingly gives his unstable, yet powerful essence to Dante.

"I have the Power"
BOOOM:wacko:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Freddy777;272004 said:
Considering that Dante will probably use an "angel arm", does that mean thst Dante killed the angel?
Maybe, it's a dead or imprisoned angel that Mundus defeated and this angel willingly gives his unstable, yet powerful essence to Dante.

"I have the Power"
BOOOM:wacko:

I was thinking Dante could get one of the more stable Angel Arms, and a villain gets one of the stronger Angel Arms. They fight, and during the fight the villain's weapon grows more and more unstable until the inevitable kablam, in which case Dante basically packs up and leaves with whoever/whatever is important to him at the time.

moseslmpg

How would AAs work differently then DAs?

and angel corpses...that actually sounds pretty good. Nice and brutal and dark.

Freddy777

Well, since angel arms are "purified devilarms", as dreadnought said, and since they get a power boost, the angel arms wouldn't be much different other than making the attacks more powerful. They probably would be more graceful and faster as well, concentrating more on precision rather than unfocused destruction. And since it has essence of light, it would be very effective against demons.

But I'm not sure, what do you think Dreadnought?

moseslmpg

Sounds very unbalanced. And it doesn't make snese how purifying DAs could make them more powerful, since demons are less powerful than angels (according to you).

That also doesn't make sense to me, seeing as how it makes more sense for demons to be associated with strife and war and thus have more raw power than angels.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
How about the AA forms are only temporary, then?

The demon soul is replaced by pure light essence, that's how it becomes more powerful.

And angels are stronger than demons, by far. Light has always been known to overpower the dark.

moseslmpg

Being temporary is alright.

And I don't think your rationale really holds up. Just because light is "stronger" than darkness doesn't necessarily means angels are more powerful than demons in every aspect, especially if you consider demons to be fallen angels. Presumably, fallen angels aren't any less powerful than regular angels, they just use their powers for evil.

If you are using the rationale that angels are so much more powerful than demons, then there are 2 problems:
1. They are basically overpowered and unstoppable, since the only thing that could stop them would be a more powerful angel.
2. There is no reason they shouldn't have been able to manifest in the world directly and kill all the demon and make everything right in the first place.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;272137 said:
Being temporary is alright.

And I don't think your rationale really holds up. Just because light is "stronger" than darkness doesn't necessarily means angels are more powerful than demons in every aspect, especially if you consider demons to be fallen angels. Presumably, fallen angels aren't any less powerful than regular angels, they just use their powers for evil.

If you are using the rationale that angels are so much more powerful than demons, then there are 2 problems:
1. They are basically overpowered and unstoppable, since the only thing that could stop them would be a more powerful angel.
2. There is no reason they shouldn't have been able to manifest in the world directly and kill all the demon and make everything right in the first place.

Alright, then what if they're mostly equal, with neither having a definite advantage over the other? That way, it would be more fair.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

Add god to anything and it instantly becomes utter failure.

It is the very essence of failure compressed into one word.

inb4 this turns into a religious debate

hue hue hueheeueu

Freddy777

Scientifically speaking, when there is light, the darkness flees to the corners or anywhere that the light does not shine on. Where there is an absence of light, darkness prevails. So darkness never overcomes light.

And since certain demons are called "fallen ones", that means they fell from some former position.
Since they are "fallen angels" that means they lost the battle against the good angels. Now, that doesn't have to mean that the good angels were more powerful (although it could), maybe the good angels had numbers on their side.
Now, b/c these demons fell from their former position, they probably lost certain other powers that made them equal in strength with the good angels, but now they are not.

Anyways, this is just one idea to explain why the demons are weaker than the angels. They both could just be the same in strength.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Perhaps it is like Freddy said, it's a strength in numbers sort of deal. There are, incidentally, more "good" humans than "bad" to become angels/angel vessels. It's just the bad seem to get more recognition.

LeeRain

The gameplay solution to the angelic playable character problem. I was actually refering to my gameplay solution at the very bottom of page 3 and at the very top of page 4.

Some people were responding saying they didn't want another playable character, as they thought there were too many already. So I came up with a solution and hopefully it satisfies. If not: improvements or better ideas anyone.

And sorry if I'm taking too much space. I'm recently new here, so thanks with help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom