• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how long do you think it's gonna be before the next DMC gets announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Where in Versus do they start riding missles as surfboards and using electric guitars as weapons?
So you've seen it? And you still don't see the paralleles?

Plus, I've seen Batman riding missiles, not exactly that unique. Surf boarding? What anime is that from?

Also I can label it what I please.
Oh, yes, very true, and I can label you a sarcastic German giant from the mining town of Johanngeorgenstadt but it wouldn't be true, now would it? But I can if I want :kiss:!!

Suparnatural wasn't an anime based T.v. series.
Nor was DMC and anime based video game.

edit: Johanngeorgenstadt is a real mining town in Germany.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
So you've seen it? And you still don't see the paralleles?

Yeah I have. Versus is less anime camp and more J-action film. Meanwhile DMC3 was more anime mixed with actual anime campiness. The only parallel is that Versus didn't try to be as overly anime camp as DMC3 is.

Oh, yes, very true, and I can label you a sarcastic German giant from the mining town of Johanngeorgenstadt but it wouldn't be true, now would it? But I can if I want :kiss:!!

Exactly, so don't call me out on it just because I call it as such.

Nor was DMC and anime based video game.
Um yeah it was. DMC3 was based off of an anime in any form you see it. All one would need to do is animate the entire game and it would fit right in with Sengoku Basara and Kill la Kill.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Keep it cool, guys - I know you've more or less got it back on topic but please try to remain civil.

Ta :)

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Hmm, well I personally think that Capcom would announce DMC5 during this year's E3 2014 event since Itsuno-san mentioned 'Devil May Cry 5' and Capcom wants more of 'Devil May Cry' in 2015. I would be screaming out loud excitingly like nobody else on earth if Capcom AT LEAST show a small teaser trailer about 'Devil May Cry 5' with some demonic voice mentioning that name. We've been waiting for so very long to see the original Dante back in action. I also would actually accept if Sparda would be the main protagonist for the next DMC game instead of Dante. Hehe :D

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Oh please.

The over the top anime moves, the anime diolage, the anime-like attire coupled with the over the top anime weapons.

I get DMC3 is everyone's favorite game, but that doesn't mean people have to be so in denial.
what do you mean by anime moves?
How can dialogue be anime ish?
ANIME WEAPONS!!!! how the **** can weapons be anime ish?
What is anime attire?

It's all very weird when all this is coming from a guys who has always had perverted pictures of an anime girl as his dp :/

rocketvergil

Are you going to mention the issue between brothers?

Also the voice actor for Ichigo and the voice actor for Orohime (sp) doing the same exact storyline as in Bleach in DMC4?

It's not like these things are problems for me. I'm just saying, they're more anime than whatever you're claiming them to be.
Sean bean acted in game of thrones and golden eye movie, So GOT must be inspired by golden eye!!! -__-

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah I have. Versus is less anime camp and more J-action film. Meanwhile DMC3 was more anime mixed with actual anime campiness. The only parallel is that Versus didn't try to be as overly anime camp as DMC3 is.
No, it's Japanese camp. Those things you shove off as 'anime' is something very present in their media, all of it. If you think that it all originates from anime then your perspective of it is rather skewed. The associations you're making are provably because Japan's most popular media export is anime and so you provably think that the source of all of Japan's camp is anime since it'e where you see it the most.

That, however, is not the case. Japan's camp expands to all their media, movies, video games, anime/manga, those power ranger shows, children's programming, and literature, no different from how American archetypes are all over the place, movies, books, cartoons, comics, and TV, not exclusive to one; That logic would be the equivalent to claiming all American camp originates from cartoons and when a movie is or game is campy it is immediately translated to 'cartoony,' which is also inaccurate because 'camp' and 'cartoon' are not synonyms with one another, they are compatible and something cartoonish can be campy and vice versa, but not exclusively so.

Exactly, so don't call me out on it just because I call it as such.
You make it sound like you just want to state things and irrelevant of truth or false you don't want to question on them. Are you going to tell me that you are not wrong because it's your opinion and opinions are subjective and therefore nether right nor wrong?

Um yeah it was. DMC3 was based off of an anime in any form you see it. All one would need to do is animate the entire game and it would fit right in with Sengoku Basara and Kill la Kill.
Um, nah, it wasn't. Can you bring me a quote where some one in the staff said so? They aren't shy about it, the DMC4 staff talked about Black Lagoon and how much it influenced them. I don't have the link on me but the director once commented how he liked Hollywood movies but the action director, Yûji Shimomura, preferred Asian cinema, like Kung-Fu movies, so now you know, the acrobatics are not anime, they are wire-fu stylized.

The Final Offer

Sean bean acted in game of thrones and golden eye movie, So GOT must be inspired by golden eye!!! -__-

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey-1.gif

berto

I Saw the Devil
On a related subject, what happens if they game doesn't get announced? There have been small hints here and there that there is a definite interest in making it but what if doesn't get made? Where do thing go from there? Things will get real quiet, real fast around here, but beyond that how will people react? How will you react?

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
No, it's Japanese camp. Those things you shove off as 'anime' is something very present in their media, all of it. If you think that it all originates from anime then your perspective of it is rather skewed. The associations you're making are provably because Japan's most popular media export is anime and so you provably think that the source of all of Japan's camp is anime since it'e where you see it the most.

That, however, is not the case. Japan's camp expands to all their media, movies, video games, anime/manga, those power ranger shows, children's programming, and literature, no different from how American archetypes are all over the place, movies, books, cartoons, comics, and TV, not exclusive to one; That logic would be the equivalent to claiming all American camp originates from cartoons and when a movie is or game is campy it is immediately translated to 'cartoony,' which is also inaccurate because 'camp' and 'cartoon' are not synonyms with one another, they are compatible and something cartoonish can be campy and vice versa, but not exclusively so.
That may be true, but its quite obvious where DMC3 gained its inspiration from. DMC3 had as much of an anime flavor in it as J-movies have their campiness. But it doesn't take much to obviously see that Capcom had anime tropes and anime themes in mind when making DMC3 from Dante's character to Vergil's architect anime antagonist.

I know you're trying hard to defend what you like, but the way I see it will always be as such; DMC3 was based off of anime.

You make it sound like you just want to state things and irrelevant of truth or false you don't want to question on them. Are you going to tell me that you are not wrong because it's your opinion and opinions are subjective and therefore nether right nor wrong?

I never said I was right or wrong. All I said was that DMC3 was all anime, and you decide to challenge that statement as a way to convince me that I'm wrong.

Um, nah, it wasn't. Can you bring me a quote where some one in the staff said so? They aren't shy about it, the DMC4 staff talked about Black Lagoon and how much it influenced them. I don't have the link on me but the director once commented how he liked Hollywood movies but the action director, Yûji Shimomura, preferred Asian cinema, like Kung-Fu movies, so now you know, the acrobatics are not anime, they are wire-fu stylized.

Yeah, and? Just because they got an action director to choreograph the acrobatics doesn't mean DMC3 wasn't still inspired by anime.

Look, if you don't like how I see DMC3 as an anime-based game then end the discussion here instead of dragging it on to feed your justifications on a favored game that I'm never going to agree on.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Look, if you don't like how I see DMC3 as an anime-based game then end the discussion here instead of dragging it on to feed your justifications on a favored game that I'm never going to agree on.
If you really wanted to end it there you would've led with this and not taken the time to counter all of the other points.

As a point of interest and relevance, I am not 'defending' the game, 'anime' is not a negative cogitation to me, simply an additive like any other. I would argue with someone claiming a blues song is not blues but rock, which happened during my typography class. I simply do not agree with the observation and think it's inaccurate. I'm adamant because I think it spreads a false image of the game it begets misconceptions of what it is and it's foundations.

seraphmaycry

Hmm, well I personally think that Capcom would announce DMC5 during this year's E3 2014 event since Itsuno-san mentioned 'Devil May Cry 5' and Capcom wants more of 'Devil May Cry' in 2015. I would be screaming out loud excitingly like nobody else on earth if Capcom AT LEAST show a small teaser trailer about 'Devil May Cry 5' with some demonic voice mentioning that name. We've been waiting for so very long to see the original Dante back in action. I also would actually accept if Sparda would be the main protagonist for the next DMC game instead of Dante. Hehe :D

plus, video games usually only have a few a year or two wait between announcement for the next, the only problem is just how frigging long it takes to make them.

so mid this year or VERY early next seems quite likely, games take between 2-3 years soooooo.... about 2016/2017

berto

I Saw the Devil
plus, video games usually only have a few a year or two wait between announcement for the next, the only problem is just how frigging long it takes to make them.

so mid this year or VERY early next seems quite likely, games take between 2-3 years soooooo.... about 2016/2017
You guys are been overly optimistic. Yes, they wanted more DMC for 2015, yeah, Itsuno said he'd like to make a next gen DMC game, but these are not absolute.

Capcom made that statement when they were still outsourcing their games and wanted to produce more for less and charge just as much. Do to their financial standing they would have to reschedule their entire line up to determine what can and cannot be produced. With the amount they have in the bank I doubt they'll have the same confidence that they had when they made that statement.

The Final Offer

You guys are been overly optimistic. Yes, they wanted more DMC for 2015, yeah, Itsuno said he'd like to make a next gen DMC game, but these are not absolute.

Capcom made that statement when they were still outsourcing their games and wanted to produce more for less and charge just as much. Do to their financial standing they would have to reschedule their entire line up to determine what can and cannot be produced. With the amount they have in the bank I doubt they'll have the same confidence that they had when they made that statement.

Wait, you have access to the Capcom bank account?

Please give us your source.

rocketvergil

I also think think that adapting to next gen is gonna set them back atleast a year

berto

I Saw the Devil
Is this like that time people said Nintendo was going bankrupt? Lolz
Not quite. 152 million is good enough to make a few games, but it wouldn't be enough to make a council, nor support it. If Nintendo only had 152 million they would be selling assets.

Capcom won't fall under, I don't believe that, but they will have to rethink their strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom