• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how long do you think it's gonna be before the next DMC gets announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Final Offer

**** i'm sorry i meant "why dont you" typing mistake
but I dont get what you're trying to say with the GIF

DmC was in my opinion very far from it's roots, which is alright because it was a reboot. But it failed so now it must go back to it roots.

Why dont you tell us what you think they are?

You can't even explain what those "roots" are...
slap-10.gif

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
You can't even explain what those "roots" are...
slap-10.gif
I can, I just wanted to see what you thought we meant by roots
By roots I mean the dark, gothic setting of the original DMC. The demonic environment of that castle. The enemies who looked demonically intimidating but not grotesque. Dante's original character, where he was mature but still had a cocky side to him. where the protagonist is a well designed and feared individual

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I never found anything anime ish about DMC3. It's just highly stylised, that's it.

Oh please.

The over the top anime moves, the anime diolage, the anime-like attire coupled with the over the top anime weapons.

I get DMC3 is everyone's favorite game, but that doesn't mean people have to be so in denial.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh please.

The over the top anime moves, the anime diolage, the anime-like attire coupled with the over the top anime weapons.

I get DMC3 is everyone's favorite game, but that doesn't mean people have to be so in denial.
I get that you don't like it but you don't have to label it what it's not.

It's over the top video game style and very Japanese, but as I said, Japanese doesn't equate to anime every single time; All chickens lay eggs but not all eggs are chicken eggs. Seriously, Japan makes other stuff besides anime and DMC3 is a product of those things, go watch Versus and tell me that's got less common themes and elements than some anime of your choosing, which I bet you won't find one with more similarities than this movie.

That was Versus (2000) and if you feel like more examples are needed Aragami (2003) and Death Trance (2005).

The Final Offer

It's over the top video game style and very Japanese, but as I said, Japanese doesn't equate to anime every single time; All chickens lay eggs but not all eggs are chicken eggs. Seriously, Japan makes other stuff besides anime and DMC3 is a product of those things, go watch Versus and tell me that's got less common themes and elements than some anime of your choosing, which I bet you won't find one with more similarities than this movie.

That was Versus (2000) and if you feel like more examples are needed Aragami (2003) and Death Trance (2005).

Dude, DMC was even made into an anime.

The darn thing is anime inspired. Even the stories.

Inuyasha, Bleach, etc.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dude, DMC was even made into an anime.

The darn thing is anime inspired. Even the stories.

Inuyasha, Bleach, etc.
And they also made one of Supernatural, doesn't make it and anime, now does it?

InuYasha is not an inspiration of DMC's nor vice versa, those are just common themes of Japan. What are the common variables white haired (common in asian cultures to signify otherworldly-ness) half demon (yeah, those are common every where) who has his father's sword (father's sword is just as common) and wears red (Japan's color for most protagonist).

They have commonalities but that's as far as the inspiration goes. I'll admit, there are a lot of them but I ultimatly can't find any concrete statement where someone said 'oh, yeah, we love InuYasha, that's where Dante came from.'

Last edited:

The Final Offer

InuYasha is not an inspiration of DMC's nor vice versa, those are just common themes of Japan. What are the common variables white haired (common in asian cultures to signify otherworldly-ness) half demon (yeah, those are common every where) who has his father's sword (father's sword is just as common) and wears red (Japan's color for most protagonist).

They have commonalities but that's as far as the inspiration goes.

Are you going to mention the issue between brothers?

Also the voice actor for Ichigo and the voice actor for Orohime (sp) doing the same exact storyline as in Bleach in DMC4?

It's not like these things are problems for me. I'm just saying, they're more anime than whatever you're claiming them to be.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Are you going to mention the issue between brothers?
Forgot about that one. Again, still a common theme in Japanese fiction. Twins at odds? Not that rare.

Also the voice actor for Ichigo and the voice actor for Orohime (sp) doing the same exact storyline as in Bleach in DMC4?
As for Johnny Yon Bosch, in this case I say what of it? He's done most animes I know, doesn't really mean anything. He's credits are way to vast to count that little coincidence as anythin. You think the staff of Japan knew that when they auditioned him? Orehime's voice actress also played Lady, is there a deeper meaning to that, too? Because I doubt the Japanese staff knew about that one ether.

PS: I don't argue DMC4's anime... ness, just 3's.

The Final Offer

Forgot about that one. Again, still a common theme in Japanese fiction. Twins at odds? Not that rare.

As for Johnny Yon Bosch, in this case I say what of it? He's done most animes I know, doesn't really mean anything. He's credits are way to vast to count that little coincidence as anythin. You think the staff of Japan knew that when they auditioned him? Orehime's voice actress also played Lady, is there a deeper meaning to that, too? Because I doubt the Japanese staff knew about that one ether.

PS: I don't argue DMC4's anime... ness, just 3's.

Listen, I'll cut the s*** now, the trend Devil May Cry games have are taking from anime shows. This trend may have started with Itsuno becoming director of DMC 2-4. Anyways, he's huge on eastern works. Have you ever played Project Justice?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Woah woah now, I know everything there is to know about the Bleach storyline, huge fan here that still follows the newer chapters, and the only thing DMC4's storyline had in common with Bleach was Kyrie getting kidnapped and Nero went to save her, other than that nothing about those 2 storylines are even remotely "exactly the same"

If thats the case than we might as well say Bleach copied mario since Daisy was kidnapped and Mario went to save her.

Not to mention the countless others games,movies,tv shows etc that have the same story basis.

Now on to the topic's question, I think maybe another year or so we will hear something.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Listen, I'll cut the s*** now, the trend Devil May Cry games have are taking from anime shows. This trend may have started with Itsuno becoming director of DMC 2-4. Anyways, he's huge on eastern works. Have you ever played Project Justice?
Never owned a dream cast. On the other had have you seen Versus? how 'bout Sky High? Aragami? Azumi? Death Trance? Alive?

Has anyone here ever seen any of these movies? Hell, I'll take Tokyo Gore Police even if that one is a tremendous stretch. I keep bringing up how those films share all those commonalities to DMC3 yet...

You want to know where DMC3's style of story came from go watch one or two of these movies, they are the best of what Japan's B-movies have, cream of the crop, anything else and you are scraping the bottom of the barrel and it reeks.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Just to add a bit on to my previous post, I meant Pauline not Daisy lol, got them mixed up.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

Where in Versus do they start riding missles as surfboards and using electric guitars as weapons?

Also I can label it what I please.

Suparnatural wasn't an anime based T.v. series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom