• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how long do you think it's gonna be before the next DMC gets announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Capcom at this point seems to be F*cking around and not saying anything. But remember, this is just like with DMC3 to DMC4. Nothing was mentioned until a full year and a few months after its release. So I assume that there won't be anything until then. Plus I doubt they'll drop one of their most (though not a lot) profitable series so soon. Unless of course they decided to create a new series from the gameplay of Devil May Cry.

As long as Kamiya doesn't get his hands on Devil May Cry (seeing as how retarded Bayonetta is) then I'll be curious as to how it will be.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Capcom at this point seems to be F*cking around and not saying anything. But remember, this is just like with DMC3 to DMC4. Nothing was mentioned until a full year and a few months after its release. So I assume that there won't be anything until then. Plus I doubt they'll drop one of their most (though not a lot) profitable series so soon. Unless of course they decided to create a new series from the gameplay of Devil May Cry.

As long as Kamiya doesn't get his hands on Devil May Cry (seeing as how retarded Bayonetta is) then I'll be curious as to how it will be.
I actually want to see what kamiya would do to DMC. Dont forget, he did give us DMC1. Plus, there is no scope for kamiya to turn DMC into bayonetta. I highly doubt he is gonna make dante swing his "sword" around while wearing a g string and pose like a gay model after every combo. I think it should be interesting to see how kamiya re visits DMC. What I wouldn't like would be DmC2. I just thought that the reboot didnt do the franchise a justice. It was a good game but definitely not a DMC game.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Capcom did say they want more DMC in 2015, then again that was before the f**k up ended up being the worst selling game in the series so maybe they changed their minds on that or maybe they didn't and we are getting DMC5 in 2015.

I also would like to see Kamiya return to DMC or even Itsuno because DMC needs to be crazy and stylish again, it would be DMC heaven if they both worked on it.

Bazilican

I actually want to see what kamiya would do to DMC. Dont forget, he did give us DMC1.

Kamiya didn't make DMC1 alone. He had help in crafting it from characters to story and even gameplay. Some of that help that had a big factor in making DMC1 are either at Capcom or have passed away.

Also DMC1 was good for its time, not for now.

I could care less what anyone says; a DMC by Kamiya would be bastardization to the already bastardized original series.

rocketvergil

Kamiya didn't make DMC1 alone. He had help in crafting it from characters to story and even gameplay. Some of that help that had a big factor in making DMC1 are either at Capcom or have passed away.

I could care less what anyone says; a DMC by Kamiya would be bastardization to the already bastardized original series.
He wouldn't be making DMC 5 alone either. Plus, the guys who played DMC1 are the guys who will be playing DMC 5 so there is no issue of not right for this era.

berto

I Saw the Devil

only one person has died. the othets, mikami and kobayashi, are at their own studio and at capcom respectively. kobayashi, however, is one of the people responsible for dmc4 so it's not as thought his contribution helped that game so much he'd be indespensible. the rest of them are in fact at platinum, most of the people who made the original dmc mad bayonetta.

it's ok if you don't care what anyone says and you hate bayonetta and you think kamiya will screw it up and this and that. i, on the other hand, think that at this point the game needs to get back to its roots and it can't do that by constantly changing what it is and who knows better what that is than those who created it.

Bazilican

only one person has died. the othets, mikami and kobayashi, are at their own studio and at capcom respectively. kobayashi, however, is one of the people responsible for dmc4 so it's not as thought his contribution helped that game so much he'd be indespensible. the rest of them are in fact at platinum, most of the people who made the original dmc mad bayonetta.

it's ok if you don't care what anyone says and you hate bayonetta and you think kamiya will screw it up and this and that. i, on the other hand, think that at this point the game needs to get back to its roots and it can't do that by constantly changing what it is and who knows better what that is than those who created it.

By those who created it, you mean Kamiya?

Because unless Capcom is sill too anal to let some of their workers work with Kamiya, then I don't see it going back to its roots at all. All I'd see would probably see a parody of what DMC1 was like.

and in my opinion, DMC lost its roots at DMC3. It went from survival horror with actual scary-looking creatures to over the top anime nonsense with uninteresting enemies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I certainly didn't mean the cast of Monty Python. Not just him, though, the people who made it are more than the director, it's the composer, the artists, the programmers, and the lot. In an ideal world Mikami would be there, too, since the atmosphere of the game came from his hand (well, him and Sugimura but nothing to be done about that).

Because unless Capcom is sill too anal to let some of their workers work with Kamiya, then I don't see it going back to its roots at all. All I'd see would probably see a parody of what DMC1 was like.
There is that half empty attitude about the prospect you seem to love.

So, Capcom will send their producers, directors and developers to London on a biweekly basis on a plain but they won't send them across the pond for a few. That might not be to far off from the truth, unfortunately. Just the same, to brush it off as a parody of the original is a far stretch of a prospect you've not seen even on page, specially considering that those are the people that created the original. If those that created the original don't have what made it what it was then who?

and in my opinion, DMC lost its roots at DMC3. It went from survival horror with actual scary-looking creatures to over the top anime nonsense with uninteresting enemies.
Why does everyone keep saying 'anime' about DMC3? It's absolutely Japanese but it most certainly isn't anime. It's a Japanese constitution to the flavor of a B-action movie of the Ryuhei Kitamura variety. Is anime the only thing out of Japan people watch anymore? They make other things besides video games and anime. DMC4? Yeah. But 3? No, not anime.

Edit: Oh, and to answer the question of the thread, if they don't announce it this year or next then there might not be anything to announce any more. After that I think we might get a courtesy announcement saying they'll discontinue the franchise if we are lucky and they're feeling generous. If not, they'll just OniMusha it and we'll never hear of it again.

Last edited:

rocketvergil

I never found anything anime ish about DMC3. It's just highly stylised, that's it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok folks. Explain what the "roots of DMC" are.
Resident Evil 2. Maybe 4, since that's what it started out as. What ever the origin was I think that with the proper tone, characterization and atmosphere we can get a good title. The combat is a given but the rest are just taken for granted. These things matter, the create the experience, they are not replaceable nor are they trivial, specially in an action game founded in horror survival.

The Final Offer

Resident Evil 2. Maybe 4, since that's what it started out as. What ever the origin was I think that with the proper tone, characterization and atmosphere we can get a good title. The combat is a given but the rest are just taken for granted. These things matter, the create the experience, they are not replaceable nor are they trivial, specially in an action game founded in horror survival.

katt-williams-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom