• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how long do you think it's gonna be before the next DMC gets announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
AT LEAST show a small teaser trailer about 'Devil May Cry 5' with some demonic voice mentioning that name.
I hope it's the female voice again, the female voice saying Devil May Cry in DMC1 and 4s titles are my favorites, the way it was combined with a demonic male voice in DMC 2 & 3 was cool too, but I want the female voice back, the DmC voice was lame.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
And you all the ones after. If you want to find blame for the fiasco then it is yours and mine, two to tango.
tumblr_mrt21bE3nL1r3sb0mo1_500.gif

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oui mon capitan.

So a DMC game on the next gen.

You talk about the who, the if's, and the one or the other (who will direct, will it even get made, and which of the two iterations will get made), but has anyone considered the ramifications of making a DMC game for this generation? DLC for everything that should've already been in there, micro-transactions, a 'let's please everyone' approach to the development, and considering that DMC4 sold the most they might get the impression that that is the route they should follow when it comes to design and aesthetics.

We definitely want one but will it be all we want it to be? Resident Evil fans are still banging their heads over 6 (I liked it but I know why they're mad at it). Can Capcom deliver with what they have in all respects or are we stuck with a... undesirable(?) product? So far all I've seen for 4 and little 'm' are reworks and polishings of the previous title, so all we got to look forward to a more refined version of DmC?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Oui mon capitan.

So a DMC game on the next gen.

You talk about the who, the if's, and the one or the other (who will direct, will it even get made, and which of the two iterations will get made), but has anyone considered the ramifications of making a DMC game for this generation? DLC for everything that should've already been in there, micro-transactions, a 'let's please everyone' approach to the development, and considering that DMC4 sold the most they might get the impression that that is the route they should follow when it comes to design and aesthetics.

We definitely want one but will it be all we want it to be? Resident Evil fans are still banging their heads over 6 (I liked it but I know why they're mad at it). Can Capcom deliver with what they have in all respects or are we stuck with a... undesirable(?) product? So far all I've seen for 4 and little 'm' are reworks and polishings of the previous title, so all we got to look forward to a more refined version of DmC?

Well doing a DMC game for the current generation could be more cost effective but the bigger problem with DMC is could they take the DMC formula and the stylish action genre to the next level.

Because the genre has peaked already and with each new game (DMC4, Bayonetta, DmC, Castlevania LOS, GOW, MGR) there hasnt been a lot of innovation or new ground being broken.

There has been advances but we've seen a bold leap forward.

So thats more on the creative side rather than the amount of time between it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But do you think Capcom will take a risk by trying something new? Their ventures are all carefully calculated by numerical charts that tell them what will make the most money. Numbers told them that they should try and please as many people as possible and to not alienate anyone and that got us RE6. DmC was also another numbers project that was based on the same principle, the more people it appeals to the more it will sell.

Bold leaps are not made by taking shy steps and DMC hasn't made any real leaps since 3 since 4 and little 'm' are nearly the same game with more polishing and a few added mechanics. All three games have nearly the same combo list for rebellion, the only thing DmC added was an extra input to combo #2, doing the same thing since 2005 is not exactly innovative.

Every game developer sets out to make the greatest video game ever but when the reality of finances and deadlines set in they must face the reality of production rules and that limits must be met and thus work around them, these are millions they are working with. Capcom, however, has set even more limits; Now they are working as safely as possible and sticking to the beaten pat rather than allowing their talent to explore new territory. As they are now Capcom won't be the ones to make those leaps and bounds.

The Final Offer

But do you think Capcom will take a risk by trying something new? Their ventures are all carefully calculated by numerical charts that tell them what will make the most money. Numbers told them that they should try and please as many people as possible and to not alienate anyone and that got us RE6. DmC was also another numbers project that was based on the same principle, the more people it appeals to the more it will sell.

Bold leaps are not made by taking shy steps and DMC hasn't made any real leaps since 3 since 4 and little 'm' are nearly the same game with more polishing and a few added mechanics. All three games have nearly the same combo list for rebellion, the only thing DmC added was an extra input to combo #2, doing the same thing since 2005 is not exactly innovative.

Every game developer sets out to make the greatest video game ever but when the reality of finances and deadlines set in they must face the reality of production rules and that limits must be met and thus work around them, these are millions they are working with. Capcom, however, has set even more limits; Now they are working as safely as possible and sticking to the beaten pat rather than allowing their talent to explore new territory. As they are now Capcom won't be the ones to make those leaps and bounds.

24f0da3ca9c883ccf23598ff0f04a69cdc9b01ab3bd2bddc469718d951051a7d.jpg

Asura's Wrath
Bionic Commando
Dark void
Remember Me
Dragon's Dogma
Deep Down
Resident Evil 4
DmC

And a bunch of others I have yet to play.

I mean, wtf are you talking about? Capcom has been attempting to break from the mold since Gamecube and where that started for me was Resident Evil 4.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom