• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do YOU deal with you emotions?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Exactly. My husband does everything he can to make me feel better when I'm upset - even if I'm being mean to him. I wish I could say I'm as nice but sometimes I just don't know how to cope with someone else's pain and I get pretty impatient with them.

I think it comes from being raised in a family where the men showed no emotion and were always the strong and decisive ones - makes me a little underqualified to deal with someone who is normal :lol:

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
It's quite the opposite in my household. It's just me and my mom, so when I'm upset or she's upset we just sit on the couch and talk it through... But I tend to avoid showing her I feel bad and count on my friends to make me feel better XD

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
EmotionsUntold;78970 said:
It's quite the opposite in my household. It's just me and my mom, so when I'm upset or she's upset we just sit on the couch and talk it through... But I tend to avoid showing her I feel bad and count on my friends to make me feel better XD

dido..although its me my mom and her boyfriend..and that just makes it harder..although i dont get the added advantage of having a mom that will talk it out with me

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
When it was just me and my mum we talked things through - it was easier, I guess, coz we're both female. On no account would I ever discuss anything on that level with my dad - he just wouldn't get it. He can't really handle emotional stuff that well - very stiff upper li sort of guy. When Steve and I lost our twins last year, my dad was only able to produce an "oh dear. How very sad" response and nothing more. I think it makes him very uncomfortable when women in particular go to pieces on him :lol:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angel;79025 said:
When it was just me and my mum we talked things through - it was easier, I guess, coz we're both female. On no account would I ever discuss anything on that level with my dad - he just wouldn't get it. He can't really handle emotional stuff that well - very stiff upper li sort of guy. When Steve and I lost our twins last year, my dad was only able to produce an "oh dear. How very sad" response and nothing more. I think it makes him very uncomfortable when women in particular go to pieces on him :lol:

how sad...Big Sis...i am sorry to hear that...:(

two more way...

1)Sleeping on people's lap to ease the mind...(boys head on girls lap or vice versa)

2)Have cats to comfort and cuddle you instead.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
DemonSlayer6;79007 said:
I totally agree with you on that!!! *Hugs cat*

My cat, Chloe`.... she would give you kitty kisses. ;3; She liked to lay on my stomach, and I would say, "Kitty kisses!", and she come up and lick my face. I'm like, "AHH! SANDPAPER TOUNGS!" But it was so cute. Anyone could pet her, and I told them to say kitty kisses, and she'd lick their cheek. ^_^ Gosh I miss her. ): I hope she was taken into a good home.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Aw, I'll never want my kitties to leave me! They're TOO adorable!!! =3
Once I was in quite a bad mood, until my friend spoke to me, and I kinda yelled at her for no reason. That does happen often when your'e angry or depressed aswell. :lol:
But otherwise, if I am sad, I'll just sit in a small, and quiet space, and think about little things. Or I sing, lol. XP

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
alternate way to deal with anger...take up a self defense class..lol, u cant imagine the sweet release of being angry while in a martial arts dojo and beating the crap out of ur sensai...and its not against the rules..he wants to see if u know what uve learned...lol

aka958

Don't trust people
i started gaming when i was small around 5 years old i was.... and now i play more than a half day per day.... thats how i control me when im angry sad or something else.. :)

The dark knight

That is what I do with anger also. When i am sad the games dont work as well.
aka958;79167 said:
i started gaming when i was small around 5 years old i was.... and now i play more than a half day per day.... thats how i control me when im angry sad or something else.. :)

Janny

Dines with dementia
I also listen to music, it helps a lot if I'm mad. But it's a doubt-edged sword, it can also induce certain bad feelings (stay away from metal...)

If you're angry play any Silent Hill game - it's guaranteed to make the feeling go away and is replaced by fear. Happened to me many times :lol:

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Silent Hill messed me up. In a good way. I fell asleep while playing the first one the other night and I was in the Other World hospital in that room in the basement. I could barely keep my eyes open any more, so I just fell asleep. The remove control was under my leg so when I rolled over the volume went up and the sound of glass shattering woke me up. I thought someone was breaking into my house. xD It was... a good scare.

Anyway... music is a good way of getting rid of anger or sadness. Mostly any uncomfortable emotion. Music truely is the antidote.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Tony_Redgrave;79258 said:
It depends. Some times it can make things worse:lol:

That depends on what kind of music you tend to listen to the most. *lieks teh dance music even though she has no cordination*

Music that has rythem seems to pump me up so it gets alot off of my mind.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I sometimes feel like to sleep when I really don't need it. That feeling make me go to sleep because it hurts very. Kinda tired but not normally tired but a feeling like everything is down in comination with tiredness. OMFG

Top Bottom