• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How did you get into Devil May Cry?

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
a long long time ago when i was little. a magazine has article about famous video game characters,
their was a list of characters like Lara Croft, Ezio, Cloud but my attention was on Dante, silver hair,red coat with rebellion he was just AWESOME,

after sometime in 2007 i played DMC3 on my brother's PC.(hell yeah!! liked it)
i di
dn't had my PC until 2013. DMC4 was the first game that i played in my PC.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Back when I was still a Nintendo snob, I used to go to my friends house to watch him play his Playstation 2, and see what "the other non-Nintendo casuals" were playing. Nothing he typically played would impress me: Metal Gear Solid 2, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, GTA III, none of it appealed to me...

Then, one hazy summer afternoon, I came to his house and walked in on him playing as some incredibly-fast white-haired guy that dressed a lot like Vash the Stampede, and was fighting what looked to be a shadowy wolf thing. I asked what he was playing, and he promptly replied: "Oh, it's Devil May Cry. The second one's out, and I want to play this one first."

He let me play for a few minutes, and that short amount of time was enough for me to soak in the sweeping Gothic architecture, the merciless enemy AI, and the mind-numbing acrobatics you could pull off in the game.

I left a few hours later...and I bought my first non-Nintendo console a week later, the Playstation 2, with a brand-new copy of the game that would devour my entire summer: Devil May Cry.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
already posted this in another thread but here it is

i saw a commercial for DMC 4 were it was new
and said hey "that looks cool"
wound up buying it and it blew me away
i eventually ended up getting 1 2 and 3 awhile later
and really enjoyed them all even tho i can tell why 2 is considered the worst

ended up vowing to beat them all on DMD and it was one of the most satisfying game experiences i'v had

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I mentioned it in another thread but, since i couldn't afford video game coconsoles as a child i used to go to my cousin's house to play them. He got DMC because he loved the gothic look and the hack and slash. I didn't own a game from the series myself until DMC3 came out.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There was a time, when I didn't played VG for a long time since I moved to another country. And than I discovered rental service near my home. So I went there and checked and saw DMC2 sitting on the shelf. So I picked it since it didn't had military crap on cover. And than I played it and was completely on the ride till the very end. So I went and pick both DMC3 and DMC1 and it become my fav franchise.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I was in Rome for 2 weeks for a treatment for my eyes and one day I was in a mall with my dad, screwing around. In a Gamestop I saw this cover, with a white haired guy with a big sword in his hand. The pics on the rear looked interesting and with a title like "Devil May Cry 3" it had to be awesome.

I begged my dad to buy it, but obviously my eyes were in treatment, I couldn't play videogames!
So we bought it right before getting back home.

I remember the 6 hours journey to home while I was staring at the cover and reading the manual all the time I was burning to play it.

So that was the first thing I wanted to do once I got home and when I did... let's say this is not only the story of how I got into DMC, but also of how I went from kid to teenager... if you know what I mean...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
A trailer of the original DMC was included on a DVD which itself was included with an issue of Official PlayStation Magazine. That trailer was literally the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Edit: This be the one:

Not the best quality, but looked amazing on the DVD and before YT compressed the shizzle out of it.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I got into DMC for first time when well I got mine PS2 and some games for it back in those early 2000s years, well it was one of nicest experiences for me as now I have all games from franchise today.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
In middle school, I went to a private school, all of the older kids loved God Of War and Dantes inferno, at the time, I was a Nintendo fanboy (still am at heart) but had a Ps2,
Bought the former, did research on the latter, found out about the book, which lead me to finding out about DMC

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I was given a copy of DMC2 in Middle School by a friend as a gift.

I had never heard of the series before, nor played the genre, so playing the game was interesting for me and I enjoyed myself.

Ended up getting the other games as well and yeah...

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
stumbled upon it --DMC1-- in a shop, was very eye catchy with the red and black costume, seriously, it's like the coolest of colors..

bought it and kinda disappointed, not fond of resident evil type game.. but at least the characters, theme and story were interesting, gothic was huge backthen.. and then i continue playing final fantasy x, wasn't fond of the game either, but it's final fantasy and they were making fuss about it

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, it all started when I had cotton candy for dinner and fell asleep watching Nameless beat up his nemesis on TV. I fell asleep, but then suddenly it seemed as though I was awake, and the TV had this screenshot of a well in the woods. I stared at it for the longest time, and then finally I went closer to the TV, because it seemed to be leaking some black liquid. I touched the black liquid and suddenly I was IN the woods and standing right next to the well, LIKE IN REAL LIFE, and then I saw something shiny inside the well so I decided to go get it, and that is how I discovered the portal into Devil May Cry.

Unless you didn't mean how I literally got into DMC.

In which, case, never mind. Carry on. :cool:

Really? I only scored 3% weird on that test? REALLY?

Top Bottom