• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guess whose in MvC Infinite?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Though I don’t think we need to be discussing what we don’t like. Personally for me the anime was pretty lacklustre.
I'm no fan of the anime for story reasons, but I can easily point out its visuals as a strong point. The animation and designs were excellent for the most part, but that's largely the work of Madhouse and Yoshiaki Kawajiri's storyboarding and animating techniques.

aoshi

I wonder why is capcom teasing us. They are dropping hints for a new DMC game. Should i believe in this or not to is really driving me insane. All other games like Dead Rising 4 seem to include dante's costume. I don't know what make of these crossover hints.

WolfOD64

I wonder why is capcom teasing us. They are dropping hints for a new DMC game. Should i believe in this or not to is really driving me insane. All other games like Dead Rising 4 seem to include dante's costume. I don't know what make of these crossover hints.
I mean, there are Mega Man costumes in Dead Rising and MvC3 AND MvCI. I think we can all agree that isn't really a sign of Capcom teasing a new Mega Man game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
How could someone hate the DMC anime? Give me Dante's diesel costume THEN we'll talk. I'll hold judgement until then. :bored:
It would be weird to see Dante in the Diesel outfit because it's probably the most normal outfit he has. It be cool to see it tho.

It's technically sound like what @WolfOD64 said but as a story it was a weak expierence for me. It couldnt fulfill that desire to learn more about DMC or that this story mattered like DMC3 did for me.

The manga/4/DmC had those same problems but the anime was the worst offender for me.

Last edited:

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
This alone made the costume worth it:

tumblr_oy200haf8R1r7sijxo1_500.gif

It's unfortunate that it doesn't come with replacement weapons like a number of other alt costumes do. I understand that he doesn't have an equivalent to properly replace, but replacing Rebellion and E&I would have capped this off well. O' well, going to mod "Never Surrender" into Dantes Theme now. :)

I'd rather they hunt down Tim Phillips just so I can hear him say: "You're dumped."

Also:
Dante_TEX_3.png

^This alt-color looks like what I imagined Dante to look like in DmC2 if it was ever made. Considering his hair turned Nephilim white at the end of the original game, it would make sense to go for an all-red coat in the sequel too. It would definitely show some progression.

On a side note, there is a easter egg with this color. Going Devil Trigger in this color turns him into Hollow Dante: https://clips.twitch.tv/SillySoftShallotPoooound

WolfOD64

That is some spectacular eye-candy right there. You could easily turn that into the logo of some kind of Anniversary game.

O' well, going to mod "Never Surrender" into Dantes Theme now. :)
How Old is Your Soul? would be the song I'd mod as Reboot Dante's theme, tbh.

On a side note, there is a easter egg with this color. Going Devil Trigger in this color turns him into Hollow Dante: https://clips.twitch.tv/SillySoftShallotPoooound
That is such an insanely specific reference. That's more attention to detail than they've afforded for even the default version of Dante.

That can either mean the MvC team are fans of the reboot, or just want to represent it properly. Either way, I approve.

WolfOD64

How is that version different from the normal one?
The in-game version, like a lot of the songs, is largely instrumental with only the lyrics for the chorus bit actually being heard during the initial fight sequence. The rest of the lyrics are left out.

It's actually one of the only Combichrist songs in the game where it's not 100% instrumental, and contains part of the lyrics.

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium
Interesting that the title for that skin is simply "Nephilim Costume". Though I suppose trying to explain the relationship between DMC and DmC in only a few words would be too much of a pain. :tongue:

Yeah, I guess it would quite be a pain to describe the relationship between DMC and DmC as an explanation while keeping it brief.

Top Bottom