• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is kind of old news by now, but for anyone interested in God Eater...

God Eater 2 digital pre-orders go up on the 28th. Anyone who pre-orders God Eater 2 gets God Eater Resurrection, free. So, buy a game for later, get a free one now. Seems like a great deal.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Ok people, this is a rumour, so proceed with care and take it with a LOT of salt:
"According to the rumors:

* Nintendo would be in line to buy Platinum Games.

* Two big Japanese publishers plan to release almost all of their line-up next year on NX.(personally I think at Square Enix for one of these editors) and that Nintendo tried a chopper excluded but failed.

* A big 3D Mario, Zelda Skyward Sword and HD (originally intended for the Wii U) would come out in the months of launch of NX.

* The development of Scalbound apparently going very badly because Kamiya would often disagree with Microsoft on many points and the game would move so badly.

* Concerning Recore, Inafune would hardly left the project, only "frame" would work on the title with "MS studio" on the game. The name of Keiji Inafune would becaufe there that Microsoft wanted to make an announcement effect."

This is the the original site:
http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article388873.html

EDIT:

Kamiya reacts to rumors about Okami 2 and Bayonetta 3 with:
"It's really interesting how baseless rumors start."
( )

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
GOD DAMN!!!

It's definitely gonna be Doom 4 vs Shadow Warrior 2 this year!!!

berto

I Saw the Devil
1469834951662.jpg

Grain of salt.

berto

I Saw the Devil
PlayStation Meeting 2016 set for September 7
PlayStation just announced a September event, where it will likely unveil the PlayStation 4 successor

Sony PlayStation on Tuesday afternoon sent invites for an event on September 7 called "PlayStation Meeting," where the company will "share details about the PlayStation business."

Earlier on Tuesday, reports from Vice Gaming and Gameblog claimed that PlayStation would hold an event that day to unveil its PlayStation 4 Neo, aka the PlayStation 4.5.

If you're unfamiliar, the Neo is expected to play all the current PlayStation 4 games out there, but offer more horsepower for better graphics and frame rates. It's expected to also support 4K games, movies, and TV shows.

With that extra horsepower, the Neo will likely be the ideal console to power the company's upcoming virtual-reality headset, the PlayStation VR, which arrives in October.

We look forward to learning more about the PlayStation 4 successor on September 7. The event starts at 3 p.m. ET.

businessinsider.com

1470783633-ps-meeting.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
PS4 System Software 4.00 Will Feature Folders, UI Refresh, More

Our beta for PS4’s upcoming 4.00 update, codenamed Shingen, rolls out soon for everyone included in the public beta program. If you signed up and were selected, be on the lookout for an email with instructions on how to download.

Whether you’re in the beta or not, we wanted to give everyone a glimpse at some of the new aspects of this system software. We’re refreshing the system UI, adding tools for organization, updating the Quick Menu, and much more.

UI Refresh

We’ve made a lot of adjustments and improvements to PS4’s main user interface. That includes some changes you may notice right away, like new system backgrounds and a revised What’s New tab, to smaller changes like updated popup notifications and redesigned system icons. As a whole, it all adds up to a more refined and easy to use UI. The overall look and feel of the UI remains the same — it just has a fresh coat of paint.

Quick Menu

As you know, pressing and holding the PS button on your DualShock 4 brings up the Quick Menu. We’ve overhauled this menu to make it faster and easier to use. One big change is that the menu now only covers a portion of the screen, meaning you don’t need to leave gameplay entirely.

We’ve added several new items to the Quick Menu, letting you quickly get info without having to back to the home screen. You can see the online status of your friends, and shortcuts to quickly access your Party, Favorite Groups, Communities, and more. You can also customize the Quick Menu, removing or adding items as you see fit.
1471283055-ps4-shingen-2.jpg

Share Menu

We’ve given a similar overhaul to the Share Menu, which appears once you press the Share button on your DualShock 4. Like the Quick Menu, it only covers a portion of the screen. It will save the last social network you shared video clips or screenshots to, making the process of sharing a screenshot or video a bit faster and more streamlined.

You can also upload longer video clips to Twitter (was 10 seconds, now up to 140 seconds).
1471283055-ps4-shingen-3.jpg

Folders and Library Organization

One of the big requests we get is for more options to organize content on PS4. With this update, we’re adding functionality to create folders on PS4’s content launcher and Library. This will help collect your favorite games and select apps in one place for quick and easy access.

We’re also making some pretty big changes to the Library. We’ve added a new tab called Purchased, which will show all of the content you own — games, applications, demos, and betas you’ve participated in. As a result, the Games and Applications tabs focus on content currently installed on your system. This should help de-clutter your library, and make it faster to find the content you’re looking for.

There are some new sorting tools for your Library as well. You’ll be able to sort content by purchase date or install status, and search for specific games and apps via text input.
1471283055-ps4-shingen-1.jpg

Trophy Improvements

This update brings the ability to view the Trophy offline. You’ll see a new “offline mode” option if your system is unable to connect to the network, letting you view your entire Trophy collection without an Internet connection.

We’ve also added a button that will let you view the content of a Hidden Trophy. The Trophy will still be hidden by default, but you can now choose to show the Trophy name and info.

Lastly, we’re changing the icons that show how rare a Trophy is. Instead of four boxes that fill, the icon looks like a pyramid with the ultra-rare Trophies at the top.

User Profile
1471283055-ps4-shingen-4.jpg

We’ve updated the look of the User Profile, making it easier to see relevant info for a player at-a-glance. For instance, you can now see your Trophy progress compared with another player right from their profile. You can also add a background image to your own profile — perhaps a screenshot you took in one of your favorite games.

The update has even more features that won’t be available in the beta, so stay tuned for additional info on what to expect. We’ll be back with more info on 4.00, including its launch date, in the coming weeks.

John Koller - Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SCEA

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Resident Evil is that you o_O
1471418641-larasnightmare-02-tif-jpgcopy.jpg
Jesus that had me fooled for a second before I looked at the earlier post.

I can't believe the new sack of s**t Tomb Raider games are looking more Resident Evil than Resident Evil.

Also I'd like to give an even bigger and more sincere middle finger to Square Enix for putting classic Lara in the newer games, I'm not touching the new games no matter what nostalgic gold you put in it!!

Top Bottom