• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
okay, that dante's grin.. that's a very very very familiar grin "my name btw, is dante, has a nice ring to it don't you think?"

Goldsickle

Oooooh wait.

So that rocket punch thing was a separate robot arm on his belt all along.
I didn't see it clearly but I thought his own prosthetic Devil Bringer was doing the rocket punching.

And from the look of the giant spark shock pic, he seems to be carrying two spare robot arms on his belt.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I just hope the saturation gets upped a bit. Not a fan of this grittier tone.

Still hope to see more of Dante in a new trailer.

ththt_by_wesker500-dce1bmd.png

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
What is it with female characters faces nowadays? She's just as hideous as the ladies from Injustice 2.

I hope Trish or Lady don't end up looking like men.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What is it with female characters faces nowadays? She's just as hideous as the ladies from Injustice 2.

I hope Trish or Lady don't end up looking like men.
It's called the Uncanny Valley. A Japanese roboticist stipulated that the closer to realism you get without actually achieving it the more off or unsettling the human form looks.

Well, I say that but... Then again, it might just be ugly character design. I don't like Nico's look nor attitude, she annoys me in layers.

Goldsickle

Nero looks a lot like DmC Dante now. Amusing. I'm interested in seeing the same fans who complained about DmC praise how good the new Nero looks.
In another board, there are already a gathering of haters who don't like this game purely due to the "gritty" art style and the DmC resemblance.

Some are even claiming that Nero "moves like DmC Dante", completely blind towards the fact that old motion captures for Red Queen Combo A, a Buster animation and High Roller are reused and can be seen in the reveal trailer.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Nero looks a lot like DmC Dante now. Amusing. I'm interested in seeing the same fans who complained about DmC praise how good the new Nero looks.
My problem wasn't how reboot Dante looked, it was that they called him Dante. But fans have wanted Nero to look different from Dante and that's what we finally got

_Coby_

Hmm. We're going to need a media and news release thread for stuff like this to go in. For this batch of info this should be fine.

12b84275b71ec813e2718e35f9db539c.jpg

The time has come! Get ready for the craziest, most stylish action game experience yet:

Announcing Devil May Cry 5!

Time to Kick Some Demon Ass

Years have passed since the events of Devil May Cry 4, and a lot has happened. Young demon hunter Nero has lost his Devil Bringer demon arm… but hey! He’s now heading his own branch of the demon-hunting business Devil May Cry. To make up for that lost arm, and keep his style rankings up, he’s enlisted the help of expert craftswoman Nico, a brand new character in the series, to lend a hand and build different types of prosthetic arms that unlock new badass combat abilities and devastating powers.

eabe0b3f0b1370f78f86497c4d508d16.jpg

2d60c0306692c4d16a41c27fc9d69290.jpg

The Demonic Invasion Begins

A new demonic invasion has begun with the seeds of a demon tree being sown in Red Grave City. Now fully equipped with his trusty Red Queen and Blue Rose, and a new arsenal of rad robot hands thanks to his partner Nico, Nero must rise up to this new impossible task. With such insane amount of energy and destruction emanating from this surprise invasion, the stage is now set for the latest chapter of the “Sons of Sparda” saga.

17fbaf28f770488c81ccfe813ac85175.jpg

Utterly Insane Action

However, Nero is not alone in this fight. Our gameplay announcement trailer above focuses on Nero and his new set of tricks, but Devil May Cry 5 will feature 3 playable characters, with their own unique over-the-top playstyles and flair.
fa9c49e67d9dc168490223365ae0b56a.jpg

eea3705864dcd31163d582d71198d3a4.jpg

New Heights in Visual Fidelity

More details on characters and specific gameplay moves are still forthcoming—can Nero still MAX-Act rev the Red Queen?!—but rest assured the complete package will be delivered to you in true Devil May Cry form at a silky-smooth 60 frames-per-second and stunning visual fidelity, thanks to the power of our proprietary RE Engine.
60714ac15296380918fbed45e565a5eb.jpg

New dante and new nero are so SO UGLY!!!

Top Bottom