• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think nico was confirmed to be agnus's daughter in one of the videos i watched. That feels like overkill.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I think nico was confirmed to be agnus's daughter in one of the videos i watched. That feels like overkill.
Is that for real?! It is just me or this DMC's story will edgier than edgy.Not only they will smash together DMC incompatible canon as they will make it up to eleven.
That black haired boy/girl is Dante's son for sure too.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

What video though? Cause out there it's full of people so convinced of their speculations about this game to pass them off as facts.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Ok, he literally pulled that "daughter of Agnus" stuff out of his backside there. That interview he's referring to doesn't mention Agnus in the slightest. I should know, I linked it somewhere in this very thread and went through it to write down every single new point they made to make a TL;DW about it.

Unless it's stated somewhere else I don't know of, that is pure invention. She's only been confirmed to be Nell's granddaughter.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ok, he literally pulled that "daughter of Agnus" stuff out of his backside there. That interview he's referring to doesn't mention Agnus in the slightest. I should know, I linked it somewhere in this very thread and went through it to write down every single new point they made to make a TL;DW about it.

Unless it's stated somewhere else I don't know of, that is pure invention. She's only been confirmed to be Nell's granddaughter.
Fair enough. My bad

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
-dante seeks revenge for vergil's corruption and mother's murder

-young demon hunter with blood of sparda

okay, points taken.. so, mundus is the main man here?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I'm starting to feel this game is somewhat of a "soft reboot": they will rewrite some parts, using novels and other media as sources and bring back Mundus for the Grand Finale.
Maybe we will know more about Sparda, Eva and probably Dante will have Vergil on his side or (at least) join forces to take Mundus down and for all, just like Sparda did.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Elaborating on my point from earlier, I feel that DMC has always suffered from creative sterility by re-treading a lot of the same ground over and over. And so fighting Mundus yet again would feel redundant when Dante already overcame him at the end of the first game and if handled poorly bringing him back in 5 could undermine all the drama and pathos of 1.

In essence I'd much rather have a brand new villain, unconnected to Sparda. You could so easily write someone new in since DMC's expanded universe remains a well of untapped potential.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was watching one of the videos they used for the trailer and I noticed that the red orbs are way smaller this time around. Not sure how I feel about it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I was watching one of the videos they used for the trailer and I noticed that the red orbs are way smaller this time around. Not sure how I feel about it.

At least they kept red orbs though, right? They could’ve completely got rid of them.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

That doesn't mean much though. Orbs can vary in size depending on the Style meter or what move you use as a finisher. Maybe in those gameplay segments the Style meter simply wasn't high enough, we can't tell because the HUD was hidden.

berto

I Saw the Devil
This is actually pretty old and maybe it belongs in the DMC4 section but screw it, here it goes.

I haven't actually finished watching it, but let's see how it goes.

Top Bottom