• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

gmc

good panel overall, liked the new breakers though some of the names are pretty cheesey, u can tell they're holding the big guns for tgs

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
They confirmed a training mode, not that it's much of a surprise.

It was pretty obvious if you were paying attention at Gamescon.

Another one of those Reddit rumors confirmed.

As for the presentation it was fine but on a positive note.

Edit:

Yeah just ignore that part

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I've always wanted to fight using a cane. Hopefully it won't extend into a full-on bo staff. But that's probably unlikely.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Can it be they decided to kill off Dante? :O
By the way Urizen is embodiment of conventional reason and law according to wiki. Though in Spawn Urizen was accumulation of negative emotions and sin.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Please, if you're commenting or speculating with stuff that might be spoilerous, cover it with the spoiler function.

Reactions: Meg

berto

I Saw the Devil
Y'all remember this meme:
a24.gif

Well, it's canon now:
BleakWhiteBactrian-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I’ll try to re upload it so it works but, just do what fox said for now.

Right right.

Also, something that I was talking to Gregaman about, when I mentioned how Nero's "charged shots" were now essentially loading powerful bullets into the Blue Rose, he reminded me about how there was that exploit in DmC where if you started charging, and then let go of the Shoot button while dodging, Dante would continue to charge up - and then hold that charge - until you pressed the Shoot button again. It's sort of interesting to think that they took what used to be a glitch and refined it into an actual feature, which isn't really all that new of a thing for Capcom to do.

Either way, I think Blue Rose loaded charged shots is a really cool element. Eager to see what other kinds of rounds we can make use of.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Do rumors count as news and info?

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/424869809

>There are three scenarios, one for each character with ten missions each. You can play them in any order, but Nero's is the first chronologically. Once you complete them all, you'll unlock the endgame scenario in which you play as all three in different missions.

>Vergil isn't playable in the base game, but Nero does get to use Yamato later on. Vergil will probably get a DLC expansion similar to what was done in DmC.

>"V" gives a different answer for his name each time he's asked what it stands for. He's a much more "vulnerable" character than the rest of the cast. He was an orphan adopted by Nico's family, and at a young age he discovered that he had a spiritual connection with the demon world. His tattoos are identical to Nico's as a symbol of appreciation for her raising him.

>"V" uses a magic staff or baton to summon monsters, and his different "weapons" are different classes of monsters such as demons, ghosts and angels that he recruits after defeating them in a boss fight.

>The way each character saves and upgrades is different. Dante and "V" will encounter classic DMC statues, while Nero finds hot spots where he can contact Nico.

>A training room similar to the one from DmC will be included.

>Alternate costumes make a return. Nero uses his appearance from DMC4, Dante's is completely original.

>If you hate Devil Trigger, then don't worry because Dante's battle theme is the typical Shootie HG fare. "V" has an orchestra rock styled theme.

>Here's the way dynamic music works. When you begin a battle, the song is an instrumental, and the lyrics will kick in once you raise your style ranking, followed by the chorus when you raise it even higher. At the higher rankings, the bass and instrumentation will be enhanced, at at SSS you can hear new parts of the song that aren't present normally, such as a solo or extra vocalizations. For example, the synth riff you hear in the full version of Devil Trigger.

So far these rumors have been proven true.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
A sudden realization, and I hope it's not true - V is a piece of Vergil's soul or some junk, that was found and raised by the Goldsteins; the Vergil that takes Nero's arm is just an emptied other piece or something.

I don't wanna be right, but I fear I may be >_>

Top Bottom