• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of DMC thread

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Who wants to see Vergil fall into a dream state where his question is answered in a what-if scenario?

“that day, if our positions were switched... would our fates... be different? Would I have your life? And you mine?”

It can happen while Dante and Vergil are in the underworld. Their roles are reversed in that dream.

In fact this dream would be a sign for Vergil that it can be a path of redemption for next game. When he fights alongside his son.
The second light novel has Dante traveled to an alternate dimension/timeline. According to the summary I read, he interacted with a version of Vergil that went good.

So that would be another way to do that.

Vergil meets another version of himself that was good but learns his other version suffered from similar flaws. By interacting with this supposedly better self he gets to see it's on him to make the effort to be better.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The second light novel has Dante traveled to an alternate dimension/timeline. According to the summary I read, he interacted with a version of Vergil that went good.

So that would be another way to do that.

Vergil meets another version of himself that was good but learns his other version suffered from similar flaws. By interacting with this supposedly better self he gets to see the onus is on him to make the effort to be better.
That reminds me back in the ol' days when DMC5 was first announced and we saw V for the time and I was particularly attached to the idea that he was Vergil from a different dimension or something other than the cliché that he was just vanilla Vergil in disguise that we ended up getting.

For all the fanservice in 5, it would have been a nice plotwist and way of referencing the DMC2 novel is all I'm saying~ :whistle:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That reminds me back in the ol' days when DMC5 was first announced and we saw V for the time and I was particularly attached to the idea that he was Vergil from a different dimension or something other than the cliché that he was just vanilla Vergil in disguise that we ended up getting.

For all the fanservice in 5, it would have been a nice plotwist and way of referencing the DMC2 novel is all I'm saying~ :whistle:
I remember a TVTROPES post where he was the Shin Megami Tensei 3 protagonist but older.

Those were the days.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
the cliché that he was just vanilla Vergil in disguise that we ended up getting.
I wouldn't say it like that. V being Vergil's humanity, showed us a side Vergil that he normally tried to keep concealed. It actually added more depth to Vergil himself

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain

I'm not gonna lie DmC Vergil feels more like a poetry fan. DmC Vergil relying on familiars would be pretty cool and maybe you could have pre-DmC Vergil crossing over to the classic-verse. Ironically he gets inspired by his other selves to take the fight to Mundus on his terms.

The crossing over to other universes aspects of the novel could be reused for another game i.e DMC x DmC or DMC x Bayonetta.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I wouldn't say it like that. V being Vergil's humanity, showed us a side Vergil that he normally tried to keep concealed. It actually added more depth to Vergil himself

Not only concealed, he straight up tried to suppress it in favor of his demonic side. I found it a fascinating metaphor that Urizen is powerful and healthy while V is fragile, weak and progressively crumbling.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
With Bosch voicing both Nero & Bleach’s Ichigo, how about Nero gaining a rival/partner similar to Grimmjow?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
With Bosch voicing both Nero & Bleach’s Ichigo, how about Nero gaining a rival/partner similar to Grimmjow?
Hmm... even as much as I can't stand Nico, I don't think Nero needs multiple partners as we've all seen how badly DMC handles an ever increasing cast list from how Trish and Lady get increasingly side-lined to irrelevance.

Instead a rival to propel Nero's character now that Dante & Vergil are out of the picture would be much better. It's obviously gotta be someone capable of keeping up with Nero but there are many different ways you could play that. In contrast to Dante/Vergil's constant battles to the death, I'd prefer if Nero and his opponent have a more healthier rivalry.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin @Lain
How about someone like him?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Ronin @Lain
How about someone like him?

In what capacity are you suggesting Trafalgar for the role of rival/partner?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I know it's been years since we had a Dante only main series entry

But that's what I want tbh

If Nero has to be around then it may be cool to see him have his own campaign like Lucia in 2 , but separate missions please

As for a team , Nico and Kyrie are his team and Nico could just become another lady like character who fights with him, using her weapon creations

Outside of that a Vergil only game , or a prequel with sparda

Goldsickle

I just hope Devil May Cry sticks with its colorful boss encounters and not deteriorate like Dead Rising 4, where the "psychopaths" are replaced with "maniacs".
No introduction cutscene, no special gimmick, etc.

I'm not a big fan of a game wrapping up with no final boss, as seen in some titles like Prey, Bioshock Infinite or Batman Arkham Knight.
Hopefully DMC never embraces this route.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I hope they keep the bosses too, they are a series strong point

At the risk of another angry emoji from Ronin (oh no)

I would prefer it if Nero was killed off and they had a brand new protagonist, if Dante is gone for good

As I can't stomach Nero as the only protagonist moving forward

But I am willing to play future games if Dante is still involved, I fell in love with this series over the game and Dante as a character

Nero spoiled that for me in 4 and again in 5 , which is a real shame as I thoroughly enjoy Johnny young bosh as a voice actor

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm pretty interested in the upcoming Ad Shankar produced animated series.

Hopefully it inspires more DMC content in the future. We need more stuff to talk about. ;)

As for the games I'm not sure what I'd want i just hope its awesome.

I'd be interested in a new lead but that is a mammoth task to pull off.

As for the existing cast, I'm unsure if I want them to be used again. 5 left me a bit bored with them so I'm cool with them not being the focus anymore. Vergil's the only one i was left interested in but even him i was on the fence about.

Nero's a mixed bag. He has improved in 5 but not enough to be the next lead.

A Sparda game or FF7 style remake of 1 and 2 are also welcome.

A crossover with either Darkstalkers, DmC, Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta would be cool.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A sparda game is well overdue by now , combine the movesets of Dante and Vergil , minus the styles

And a unique moveset for sparda

Set it during the fight against the demon world and mundus

Top Bottom