• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of DMC thread

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Is there any hope for a future in Devil May Cry?

I hate to see this series go after Devil May Cry 5. How would you want it continue with new generation of heroes?

There’s so much that DMC can offer.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC's future is looking pretty bright to me. We have the Adi Shankar DMC project which is probably another anime but hopefully better than the last one. DMC6 is probably gonna happen down the road and I think DMC5 had strong sales.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
DMC's future is looking pretty bright to me. We have the Adi Shankar DMC project which is probably another anime but hopefully better than the last one. DMC6 is probably gonna happen down the road and I think DMC5 had strong sales.

That's true. Depends how long we wait for DMC anime.

AND how many years DMC6 will be made.

Last edited:

tehrugger

Banned
I won't get my hopes up for a DMC6. And if it is ever made, I probably won't be alive.

If DMC6 never happens, I think DMC5 is a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think DMC6 will be made. 5 was a critical and financial success.

But will it suffer from the DMC curse? This series has a history of having odd numbered entries being good while even numbered ones being... not so good.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I think it's inevitable that we get a DMC6 someday. The real question is, will Capcom put their full weight behind it again or will they slip back into their lazy ways.

Also potential problem lies in whether fans will embrace the series if it tries to go in a new direction - i.e focusing on Nero's group rather than Dante/Vergil/Lady/Trish.

The ending of 5 opened many roads to go forward, but with it came new pitfalls that the series could fall into.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What about future generations? Not just from Sparda's line. But other demons who'll follow his example - whether they're good or evil.

Even some humans who'd gain some artifacts of demon power will rise up.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMCV feels like an endpoint/resolution so DMC6 would have to start a new direction. The case of the week structure is a good story engine but I don't think the series used it well so far.

I'd prefer a new cast disconnected from the existing one but I'm sure we're stuck with Nero for the foreseeable future. I'd prefer Vergil to Nero so he's my pick.

I'd wouldn't mind something offbeat like a lady/Trish spinoff, a Sparda prequel, or a remake of 1/2.

DMC x Darkstalkers might lift both series up if done well.

PS. DmC x DMC feels like a longshot but at this point, it couldn't hurt.

The2ndD3vil

Devil May Cry 6 is happening and if I remember correctly Capcom registered the domain name for a DMC6 website around the time they registered the DMC5 one.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Personally, I would like the main cast storyline ending with DMC5. DMC6 could take off in whatever direction, since - despite Dante being focus of the series - it had been made clear that human-demon war is much wider than that.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
With Nero as the protagonist, he's gonna need a team of his own joining him in the frontlines. Nico just stays in the van as maintenance.

For future antagonists, how about twin daughters of one of Mundus' generals? Right-hand of Mundus was once Sparda and left-hand is another demon who's jealous of Sparda's strength. Eventually, he/she takes advantage of this, when hearing of Sparda's betrayal and giving birth to half-breed twins. Taking this as inspiration, he/she seeks out a human mate of his/her of her own, the same way. Only for the side of evil.

Sparda (named for spartan & Spada - it. for sword). How about Lancia (it. for spear)? Twin daughters where one wields an axe and the other a spear. For their goal, to defeat Sparda's children and those who fight beside them. And help wipe out humanity with any powerful demon who seeks to take the throne.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The future of the DMC franchise is probably like my future. Bleak...
Okk....... I could send you my youtube playlist of sad sack Indian movie songs..... :wink:

Honestly DMC5 left DMC in a better place than 4/reboot did so I'm sure a DMC6 is on the cards. I rather have a new cast than return to the old one but I'm sure there's still stuff for Dante and the others to do.

Top Bottom