• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of DMC thread

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Probably not because DMC doesn't bring in the big bucks like RE or Street Fighter. But if they ever wanna do another reboot for whatever reason, a spinoff would be a better option.

I always wanted a Lady spinoff so I'd be down with that.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Who wants to see DMC go futuristic? Not too technological, but still have magic around since DMC is all about demons & angels. While Dante & Vergil deal with things & themselves in Hell, Nero & Nico and possibly new hunters & huntresses will find the Human World technologically advanced when dealing with demons. They can probably introduce new hybrids outside of Sparda's line.

If there'll be spin-offs or movies:
  • Nero & Vergil team-up and learn more of his family origins
  • Trish & Lady team-up & upgrade

windleopard

Has anyone thought of new enemies for Nero to face?

Look at these for example from Raiden:

I'm surprised that after all these years, no one has pointed out the similarities between Mistral and Lucia.

As for new enemies, I've been thinking of maybe other demon human hybrids. I don't think Sparda was the only demon who fell for a human.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Will we ever see spinoffs of DMC like Resident Evil does?

RE Revelations
- Darkside Chronicles
- Code Veronica
- Umbrella Chronicles

How would you picture the spinoffs?

There is so much possibility there it is hard to know where to start.
- A full-blooded demon? Maybe few thousand years old? Would be fun with all historical references that would have other people going WTF (and maybe exposition on history of human-demon relationships)
- A private investigator for demonic matters
- Vatican agency for demonic / hell stuff (exorcism and similar)
- Agency doing research in demons (and maybe opening a hell gate by accident)
- Other half/part demons (we already know there is an island of them out there)

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There is so much possibility there it is hard to know where to start.
- A full-blooded demon? Maybe few thousand years old? Would be fun with all historical references that would have other people going WTF (and maybe exposition on history of human-demon relationships)
- A private investigator for demonic matters
- Vatican agency for demonic / hell stuff (exorcism and similar)
- Agency doing research in demons (and maybe opening a hell gate by accident)
- Other half/part demons (we already know there is an island of them out there)

All these would be great! But where to put them? Before and after?

Maybe the Vatican agency taking place before or after DMC4?

I’d like a private investigator. Before DMC4 and after animated series?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
All these would be great! But where to put them? Before and after?

Maybe the Vatican agency taking place before or after DMC4?

I’d like a private investigator. Before DMC4 and after animated series?

They can be happening anytime, seeing how they are not directly related to the main series. Though easiest option would be post-DMC5, as that is when humanity got exposed to demons big time.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
They can be happening anytime, seeing how they are not directly related to the main series. Though easiest option would be post-DMC5, as that is when humanity got exposed to demons big time.

That'll work. Wonder if Nero & company will across these to guide some humans, demons or hybrids.

By the way, what do you think instead of Lucia, Dante comes across a new demoness where he suddenly finds himself with the soon-to-be woman of his life?

Trying to picture how this demoness will come to be.

Dante has these vibes from Blade, Ghost Rider, Deadpool, Spider-Man & Elsa Bloodstone.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
V could've made a good private detective. It could've been "Judgement meets Dr.Who with demons"

:woot::banghead::':)blush::unsure:

I thought of a naive Yokai who wanted to protect a seaside town during the Urizen debacle. That can work as an openworld spinoff.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
That'll work. Wonder if Nero & company will across these to guide some humans, demons or hybrids.

By the way, what do you think instead of Lucia, Dante comes across a new demoness where he suddenly finds himself with the soon-to-be woman of his life?

Trying to picture how this demoness will come to be.

Dante has these vibes from Blade, Ghost Rider, Deadpool, Spider-Man & Elsa Bloodstone.

Well, anything is possible, really. But I really would like games to expand human-demon relationships beyond "Sparda family matters". Which is to say, while I am not opposed to occasional interaction (maybe some bonus missions where you fight alongside Nero), I would like the story of these games to stand on its own without having to bring old DMC cast into it. That is to say, parallel storyline as opposed to branching, though if it is a series of games, it is possible to bring disparate storylines together eventually if there is demand for such a thing (as in, same goal / endgame but different roads to there).

RE: Dante, isn't Lady woman of his life? Besides, guy already has two rather lethal women with him, can he handle third one? Although having three women gang up on him to make him move his lazy a** might be fun to watch.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Picard canonically his relationships with Trish and Lady are considered platonic but 5 hinted more for Dante/Trish.

Ps. Dante/Lady is better ;)

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Picard canonically his relationships with Trish and Lady are considered platonic but 5 hinted more for Dante/Trish.

Ps. Dante/Lady is better ;)

Not anymore for Dante & Lady. Since Nero’s born from a human mother, if Dante had a kid, he/she would have a demon mother.

@Picard what kind of new characters do you picture joining the DMC crew in main games and spin-offs?

For those playable and those NPCs.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
You know, an Alexander Anderson like character would be pretty cool as a future anti-villain, maybe even as a playable character.
Not anymore for Dante & Lady. Since Nero’s born from a human mother, if Dante had a kid, he/she would have a demon mother.

Why?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
You know, an Alexander Anderson like character would be pretty cool as a future anti-villain, maybe even as a playable character.

I can go for something like that.

Itsuno said so. Nothing special between Dante & Lady.

And what's wrong with going for a new girl that Dante ends up finally finding his match? A new demoness would be nice. And I'm trying to figure how to bring that out.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Itsuno said so. Nothing special between Dante & Lady.

And what's wrong with going for a new girl that Dante ends up finally finding his match? A new demoness would be nice. And I'm trying to figure how to bring that out.
KK. No it's just, to me, your previous comment made it sound Dante should get with a demon just because Nero's mom was, presumably, human

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
KK. No it's just, to me, your previous comment made it sound Dante should get with a demon just because Nero's mom was, presumably, human

Yeah, that's what I'm going for. Sorry.

Would you expect Dante to go for another human girl and have a kid who's at Nero's genes?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any thoughts if Nero’s mother made an appearance in a Vergil spin-off?

Vergil needs a total upgrade.
  • Vergil temporarily returns to the human world to help his son on a certain case.
  • Memories of Vergil’s past in his path of power can be revealed in random missions.
  • Nero’s mother can be reborn a demon by some new enemy that transformed her. She was once human after she conceived Nero.
  • A disciple of Machiavelli gave Vergil a new sword since Force Edge, before he temporarily left the Demon World as Dante awaits his return. The soul of Nero’s mother holds the key needed to create his own Devil Sword with Yamato.
  • Vergil meets Kyrie.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The only future game I want is a Dante only game , or one with Vergil's exploits in the demon world after mundus was defeated

Failing that one with Nero on his own , I don't like shared campaigns for DMC

If I had my way I'd have Dante only forever

Picard

Starfleet Demon

@Picard what kind of new characters do you picture joining the DMC crew in main games and spin-offs?

For those playable and those NPCs.

Joining the DMC crew, as in Dante's or Nero's groups? None at all, most likely, as both seem to work perfectly fine as-is. That being said, I could see Nero gaining an informant, similar to how Morrison works with Dante. Somebody who is not too closely connected to him and thus can keep an eye on the "outside world". And of course, temporary partnerships are always possible.

Any thoughts if Nero’s mother made an appearance in a Vergil spin-off?

Vergil needs a total upgrade.
  • Vergil temporarily returns to the human world to help his son on a certain case.
  • Memories of Vergil’s past in his path of power can be revealed in random missions.
  • Nero’s mother can be reborn a demon by some new enemy that transformed her. She was once human after she conceived Nero.
  • A disciple of Machiavelli gave Vergil a new sword since Force Edge, before he temporarily left the Demon World as Dante awaits his return. The soul of Nero’s mother holds the key needed to create his own Devil Sword with Yamato.
  • Vergil meets Kyrie.

Huh. I would really like to see the last one. Would also be good for Kyrie as a character, because as it is, she is almost a non-entity in both DMC4 and 5.

Other ideas are good as well, but why would soul of Nero's mother hold the key for a Devil Sword? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think joining Rebellion with Sparda really had any special requirements.

The only future game I want is a Dante only game , or one with Vergil's exploits in the demon world after mundus was defeated

Failing that one with Nero on his own , I don't like shared campaigns for DMC

If I had my way I'd have Dante only forever

Shared campaigns are not my thing exactly, either. But I could see parallel campaigns, for example. Or maybe the ability to play the same campaign, selecting either Nero or Dante before the start, either alone or with other one playing support (or other two, as I don't really see Vergil being left out either).

Top Bottom