• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Devil Arm?

Fav Devil Arm?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koemi

half-breed
^ A&R are flashy - seeing both blue and orange-yellow whirling together are just a style itself; but i don't think it's that quick...

^ pandora: I know it's fire arm, but isn't that Dante got it from that hell gate after he beat Dagon? And those fake hell gates need devil's arms to power so.... pandora's got to be a devil's arm as well.

Sparda™

Agni & Rudra are quick weapons and Pandora is a Devil Arm. It doesn't matter It is lined up in the firearms section.

Keaton

Premium
Pandy would make an awesome DA if it became Melee orientated :D

My vote is for Sparda...then Yamoto and finally Rebellion + Alastor tied :D

Sparda™

Keaton;112469 said:
Why is Pandora listed? o_O
But...it would make an awesome DA if it became Melee orientated :D

My vote is for Sparda...then Yamoto and finally Rebellion + Alastor tied :D

Pandora is a Devil Arm, Keaton...Don't tell you didn't know that....:O

Keaton

Premium
Dante Aseroth;112470 said:
Pandora is a Devil Arm, Keaton...Don't tell you didn't know that....:O

If your going to get technical; being a weapon of demonic origin....but it is a projectile weapon in DMC4 which allies it with the other Firearms such as E+I, Coyote and more relevantly Artemis from DMC3.

By Devil Arm it is commonly believed that one is referring to the selected Melee weapon for use, not the selected Firearm as it is so categorized by the controls ^__^

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
As Keaton said, Pandora can't be classified as a Devil Arm because Devil Arms are MELEE weapons, Pandora is a ranged weapon, sure, it may be of demonic origin, but that doesn't make it a Devil Arm.

Look at the past weapons, everything that has ever been called a Devil Arm has always been a melee weapon, no exceptions, perhaps it could be classified as something different, seeing as it's not really a Fire Arm in the traditional sense of the word, Demonic Fire Arm yes, Devil Arm, no.

Anyways, I went for Yamato, followed by Alastor, then Agni & Rudra.

Sparda™

Pandora is a Devil Arm.

pandorakl9.jpg

A demonic....^_^

The reason It was put amongst the firearms of Dante was to balance the guns and Devil Arms (3 and 3)...^_^

Keaton

Premium
^I didn't dispute the technicality Dante, I simply said it is classified as a Firearm when you are looking at Melee and Projectiles...therefore drawing the conclusion that casually it should be placed under the firearms Catagory...not the Devil Arms.

As said, its a technicality ^_^

Keaton

Premium
I was merely stating that if Melee Weapons are casually referred to as Devil Arms...and Projectile based Weapons are Firearms then it is categorized as a Firearm. I didn't mention the story, I was only referring to the means in which is is refered to within the Game Mechanics ^_o

After all, the buttons clearly seperate the Melee from Projectile, Style from jump ^__^ s' all.

Sparda™

There's nowhere stated Melee weapons are Devil Arms and projectile ones, not. That's just your assumption.

Keaton

Premium
You could look back to the Statues in DMC3 and 4 where you upgrade your weapons...iirc Melee Weapons are under Devil Arms and Firearms...uh, under Firearms actually...or something to that extent o_O

And as I said...you have your Melee Attack Button for Rebellion, Lucifer and Giglamesh, and a Firearms button for E+I, Coyote and Pandora. Sure it is a Demonic Weapon, of which in the story it is classified as a Devil Arm, I don't dispute this. But as said, as far as Game Mechanics are concerned Pandora is a Firearm :)

EDIT: Arguing? I thought we were discussing Pandoras categorization between Devil Arm and Firearm? o_O

I have no negativity here - honest ;) I wuv Dante and his debates :D
I apologize for going off topic however ^_^

Keaton

Premium
Dante Aseroth;112544 said:
Game mechanics could put Rebellion under firearms...:lol:

Lol, I guess so - Round Trip anyone :O
Same for Agni+Rudra and also Nevan, but they are not primarally Projectile based :D

Also, by the same token, Coyote could also be classified as a Melee weapon because of the Stinger move ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom