• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Far Cry 2

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Who actually bought this game and enjoyed it?

I certainly didn't. If you haven't played Far Cry 1, you won't have a quarrel, but Far Cry 1 was way better; due to the science fiction elements, now taken out.
Extremely annoying aspects within the game like Malaria....whose idea was this. Let's create a game that puts you in combat action where one slip up can mean the difference between reloading and advancing...and then lets create a random, unstoppable action that can take you OUT of that action and kill you. I admit I have not progressed to the end or even the middle of Far Cry 2, but does the main character having Malaria really add anything positive towards the game? Or is it just an excuse to show off a HDR Malaria screen?
I have alot to rant about since Far Cry 1 was actually damn fun.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Far Cry 2 is excellent, i hated how they started including mutants and feral powers in Far Cry. It was a great game UNTIL those parts, it was really unique and then soon as mutants and that were introduced it fell back into the pool with all the other bland shooters. Im loving Far Cry 2 so far and im really glad Ubisoft got rid of the powers and mutants and went for more gritty realism. The malaria idea is what pushes the story and adds to the feel of the environment.

My biggest gripe so far is that the enemies take too many bullets to die.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The reason why Far Cry was popular in the first place, was the science fiction elements of mutating. It's like labeling a beans tin with a peach sticker instead; i bought the game thinking it would be like the first as did others. It should have been called something other than Far Cry like Far Cry: Capturing the Jackel. The free roam was fun, but it felt cluttered.

Dark Drakan

Admin
NerosDevil;135545 said:
The reason why Far Cry was popular in the first place, was the science fiction elements of mutating. It's like labeling a beans tin with a peach sticker instead; i bought the game thinking it would be like the first as did others. It should have been called something other than Far Cry like Far Cry: Capturing the Jackel. The free roam was fun, but it felt cluttered.

I thought the game was popular due to its freedom, vast island as opposed to corridors, intelligent AI, vehicles sections, and interesting weapons. Not at one point have i heard people say that they really liked it for its mutants or powers. They just sort of expected them as nearly every shooter uses them. I was happy until Far Cry just turned into another mutant killing shooter. They only used the name Far Cry for the second game as it needed no introduction this way as only the name is the same in the 2 games. Everything else is different and im really glad as Far Cry 2 is a breath of fresh air in the FPS genre and has been praised so in every review ive seen.

Esura;135553 said:
Im glad Far Cry 2 strayed from sci fi and went realistic yo

Me too.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Im sumwhat a Sci Fi lover but Im totally burned out on Sci Fi FPS...seriously. Far Cry 2 lets u roam the majestic Africa, my ancestor's homeland.....awesum.....

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;135633 said:
Im sumwhat a Sci Fi lover but Im totally burned out on Sci Fi FPS...seriously. Far Cry 2 lets u roam the majestic Africa, my ancestor's homeland.....awesum.....

Exactly the reason that it appealed to me. So many sci-fi shooters and alien/mutant killing ones out there. Its nice to see a game set in a real location in a realistic manner.

Esura

Dark Drakan;135634 said:
Exactly the reason that it appealed to me. So many sci-fi shooters and alien/mutant killing ones out there. Its nice to see a game set in a real location in a realistic manner.

So tru.
I borrowed it from a friend but have no qualms bout spending $60 on it. But it is recievin negative feedback from some ( like sum on adultswim forums ). Dont understand why yo.

Which is better, Far Cry 2 or Fallout 3?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;135636 said:
So tru.
I borrowed it from a friend but have no qualms bout spending $60 on it. But it is recievin negative feedback from some ( like sum on adultswim forums ). Dont understand why yo.

Which is better, Far Cry 2 or Fallout 3?

I havent heard anyone say anything bad about it. Like i said i just wish people died a little easier in it. Cant compare the 2 as they are totally different games and Fallout 3 is essentially an RPG not a shooter. It has shooting in it but it isnt classed as a shooter.

Esura

No, I was comparing which game is better 4 purchase. Obviously I cant buy both lol.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;135642 said:
No, I was comparing which game is better 4 purchase. Obviously I cant buy both lol.

Well both will occupy you for a LONG time but depends what your looking for really. Fallout 3 has more replayability id say as well over 100 hours of gameplay in it. However Far Cry 2 also has the multiplayer aspect and map creator.

Esura

Is Far Cry 2's multiplayer good? I only played like 15 minutes of the main.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;135651 said:
Is Far Cry 2's multiplayer good? I only played like 15 minutes of the main.

I dont know i havent tried it myself. Havent had much time to play it with Fable 2 and Fallout 3 being out at same time.

Top Bottom